Ten Club, bring back cool stuff like the Vitalogy Health Club Starter Kit

Lennon_CobainLennon_Cobain Posts: 704
edited December 2013 in The Porch
I was just thinking how cool it would be if Ten Club started doing some cool shit for members like back in the day. I'm not saying that I don't appreciate what they do now with respect to ticketing and stuff, but just the "other" stuff that made being in Ten Club special.

For example, the Vitalogy Health Club Starter Kit ( http://www.twofeetthick.com/tft/readArticle.action?id=2324 ) was cool.

Do I have anyone on the bandwagon with me, or am I going to be alone like a fat chick at her senior prom?
"I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• In My DreamsIn My Dreams Posts: 299
    It would be cool to have the one from back then. It would be cool now as long as the fees don't go up because of it.
    A real possibility I may meet you in my dreams ~ I go to sleep
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    78_1.jpg
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • mjbmjb Posts: 1,315
    That stuff predates my membership and looks awesome...I'd settle for a new 10c tshirt design, but that stuff is all pretty rad (and irreverent) - for some reason I don't think the band is focusing too much on that kinda stuff anymore, but they seem to surprise us every once in a while
  • Vedder1029Vedder1029 Posts: 179
    Man... forgot all about mine... Its still sitting in my closet in some boxes. The only thing I remember using was the flipbook... I think all the decals are still intact. Gotta pull that thing out again!
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember...
  • swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
    Vedder1029 wrote:
    Man... forgot all about mine... Its still sitting in my closet in some boxes. The only thing I remember using was the flipbook... I think all the decals are still intact. Gotta pull that thing out again!

Wanna sell it to me? :)
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    That's pretty awesome. I feel as though something like that wouldn't be very profitable so the days of stuff like that have been replaced with poster books and $40 lighters.
  • rockpantsrockpants Posts: 838
    It think it'd be a good idea to bring back iron-on patches.

I still have the decals intact, too. (I bought this long before I could drive!) I'd like for them to bring back decals, too, but not the kind that they used for the mosquito logos, but the static cling, easily-removable/re-usable kind. That way you can decorate your vehicle's or house's windows without having to worry about any possible damage from scraping the decorations off if you wanted to sell/trade-in your car or move to a new house.

I occasionally flip though the flippy book. Fun times, minutes of enjoyment! ;) I think the stamp would have been better if it said Pearl Jam instead of No Code, like on the old NC hoodie (black zip-up w/ maroon/silver NC logo patch on left side).
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,053
    I'm with you....bring back the starter kit, call it the deep kit or whatever....I love the other one....
  • Vedder1029Vedder1029 Posts: 179
    Wanna sell it to me? :)

Make an offer I can't refuse!
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember...
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,881
    Beer Koozies!!!!!!!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    The Lolla 92 videos on that site are pretty sick.........man Ed is a crazy fuck!!!
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    I was just thinking how cool it would be if Ten Club started doing some cool shit for members like back in the day. I'm not saying that I don't appreciate what they do now with respect to ticketing and stuff, but just the "other" stuff that made being in Ten Club special.

For example, the Vitalogy Health Club Starter Kit ( http://www.twofeetthick.com/tft/readArticle.action?id=2324 ) was cool.

Do I have anyone on the bandwagon with me, or am I going to be alone like a fat chick at her senior prom?

I AM ALL FOR THIS!
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • QA185761QA185761 Posts: 271

You are not alone. But please watch your language.
  • RhinoJamRhinoJam Posts: 596
    a5pj wrote:
    Beer Koozies!!!!!!!

They actually have these... I picked one up at the wishlist pre-party in OKC.

Has the circular symbol with a lightning bolt and PJ in it, and on the other side says "touring fans.net"

might be able to get one there? http://www.touringfans.net/

... and hello fellow Raleigh Jammer!
    Charlotte 10/4/96 Raleigh 8/31/98 Charlotte 8/4/00 Raleigh 4/15/03 Asheville 10/6/04
    Bonnaroo 6/14/08 Spectrum 10/30/09 Spectrum 10/31/09 Atlanta 9/22/12 Wrigley 7/19/13
    Baltimore 10/27/13 Charlottesville 10/29/13 Charlotte 10/30/13 OKC 11/16/13
    St. Louis 10/03/14 Greenville 4/16/16 Hampton 4/18/16
    Columbia 4/21/16 Wrigley 8/18/18
  • smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,563
    QA185761 wrote:

You are not alone. But please watch your language.

:fp:

Ridiculous that you said that on a forum :lol:
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Sign me up.
    2005 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Apoteose December 4th 2011 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Apoteose November 6th 2013 São Paulo, Brazil | Lollapalooza March 31st
  • Yes please! I missed out on the last two on ebay. I really want one...
  • foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    have 2 of them.
  • Gvn2flyGvn2fly Posts: 753
    I've been trying for years to get the ambulance sticker from the Health Club starter kit. I'm a paramedic so you can see why I want this! I've tried here before with no luck but since it's been brought up... Anyone got one to sell? Or how about maybe the T shirt with the image?
  • CB3115CB3115 Posts: 65
    edited February 2015
    rockpants said:

It think it'd be a good idea to bring back iron-on patches.

I still have a bunch of these! They were cool in theory but didn't last very long on fabric items.

Edit, sorry. I wasn't thinking about the patches. I was thinking of the old iron-ons they had. Like the rooster or truck one. I'll have to dig them up.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,596
    twofeetthick.com/2007/07/vhc-starter-kit-five-items-for-fan-growth/

the original ink provided just goes to a "you 404'd it, dude, grarly". ;)
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

i'd love to see that jack irons flip book!

www.headstonesband.com

• ZodZod Posts: 10,533
    I agree. The sticker kits and the ugly I'm Analog shirts don't really make for a great membership package. The sticker kits don't even have the word Pearl Jam in them... lol.

I wouldn't complain if they came up with more interesting (and less tacky) things to include in the membership package. If the shirts are going to be tacky, maybe include 1 shirt of your choice from the store. I also wouldn't complain if the membeship kits emphasized Pearl Jam opposed to 10c. I'm a fan of the band, not their fan club :)
    Zod said:

I agree. The sticker kits and the ugly I'm Analog shirts don't really make for a great membership package. The sticker kits don't even have the word Pearl Jam in them... lol.

I wouldn't complain if they came up with more interesting (and less tacky) things to include in the membership package. If the shirts are going to be tacky, maybe include 1 shirt of your choice from the store. I also wouldn't complain if the membeship kits emphasized Pearl Jam opposed to 10c. I'm a fan of the band, not their fan club :)

your last sentence is a recurring theme/complaint that many of the membership have vocalized.

www.headstonesband.com

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,457
    Zod said:

The sticker kits don't even have the word Pearl Jam in them

I don't mind if it say's 10club / Pearl Jam. Least put back "Pearl Jam" on their fan club merchandise.
  • I have the red mosquitos, ambulance, gremmie sticker. Does anybody remember any other sticker that came from the Vitalogy Health Club?