Options

Ungrateful

soultune0330soultune0330 Posts: 124
edited February 2008 in The Porch
You people are so ungrateful and have zero empathy when things go wrong. I understand that a lot of people seem to have gotten overcharged for too many sets of tickets. OH MY GOD! DO YOU THINK THAT THE TEN CLUB WON'T FIX THE FRICKIN PROBLEM? DO YOU REALLY THINK YOU'RE OUT THAT MONEY? NO!!!! AND IF YOU CALL YOUR FRICKIN BANK, THEY'll PROBABLY BE UNDERSTANDING AS WELL. SO SHUT THE F*CK UP AND ENJOY THE TIX THAT YOU DID GET. GEEZ. THere are so many ungrateful people in here. If the ten club read all the bitching that goes on they wouldn't give us any benefits. So shut your f*cking mouths and enjoy the show(s) that you are going to!
Summerfest - Jul 08, 1995 / Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995
Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Oct 08, 2000
Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 26, 1998 / Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 27, 1998
United Center - Jun 18, 2003 / Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 21, 2003
Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004
United Center - May 16, 2006 / United Center - May 17, 2006
Summerfest - Jun 29, 2006 /Summerfest - Jun 30, 2006
United Center - Aug 23, 2009
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Well said
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    Well put.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    Thanks. I just had to vent that. I don't think a lot of these people realize just how good we have it, being in this fan club.
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 26, 1998 / Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 27, 1998
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    If the ten club read all the bitching that goes on they wouldn't give us any benefits.

Just an observation.

1. Yes, they'll continue to give the fan base benefits...that's their bread and butter.

2. They're a business and, just as if someone gets my order wrong at a restaurant, I would want it corrected and/or addressed.

Take the lesson learned in the 1995 episode of 90210 and squash it now 10C. ;)

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    teskeincteskeinc Posts: 836
    Thanks. I just had to vent that. I don't think a lot of these people realize just how good we have it, being in this fan club.
    its a benefit we pay for, if your cable company has a problem and you lose your cable for a week, should you just sit there and be happy they provide the service? or just wait and hope it comes back on? what if they dont know it is out? Quit brown nosing the ten club.
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    10c is not a charity....we pay for their services! The fee may be small, but we still expect them to use common sense and fix a problem that has happened over and over.
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    You people are so ungrateful and have zero empathy when things go wrong. I understand that a lot of people seem to have gotten overcharged for too many sets of tickets. OH MY GOD! DO YOU THINK THAT THE TEN CLUB WON'T FIX THE FRICKIN PROBLEM? DO YOU REALLY THINK YOU'RE OUT THAT MONEY? NO!!!! AND IF YOU CALL YOUR FRICKIN BANK, THEY'll PROBABLY BE UNDERSTANDING AS WELL. SO SHUT THE F*CK UP AND ENJOY THE TIX THAT YOU DID GET. GEEZ. THere are so many ungrateful people in here. If the ten club read all the bitching that goes on they wouldn't give us any benefits. So shut your f*cking mouths and enjoy the show(s) that you are going to!

Why did you change your name? I personally loved the handle Santos L. Halper!
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options

A lot of these people got overcharged and didn't get any tickets what so ever. This is not "well said" or "well put". I see someone screaming (in caps) and cursing like a little kid. U bitch more than the people who actually have their bank accounts all screwed up and have no show to look forward to going to. At least they have something of substance to complain about.
  • Options
    One point I'm trying to make is that the overcharge seems like an easy fix to me and that Tenclub would be more than willing to do it. It seems like something that could be fixed with a simple email or phone call to them. Do you think that everyone needs to start saying how bad Tenclub sucks? Cuz that's what seems to be happening around here. I agree that you should let your cable company know if something is wrong, and that's what people should do. However, they're not really handling it in the best of all ways. Also agreed that the tenclub should probably issue a statement of some sorts for the people who are freaking out.
  • Options
    A lot of these people got overcharged and didn't get any tickets what so ever. This is not "well said" or "well put". I see someone screaming (in caps) and cursing like a little kid. U bitch more than the people who actually have their bank accounts all screwed up and have no show to look forward to going to. At least they have something of substance to complain about.

You know, if you hear enough bitching, you just have to say something, and that's what I did. I understand there's a lot of unhappy people out there. I tried for Vic tix and didn't get them, didn't get an icon. Sure I was upset. I guess I just thought it was fate saying you don't get to go this time. If you think that I'm acting like a "little kid", then I truly apologize for offending you so badly for my juvenile behavior. Like I said - it seemed that people were being a bit ungrateful and sometimes it seems like all you read around here are comments bashing the tenclub. I guess I don't have to read them, but I happen to like Pearl Jam and like talking to other people who like them as well.
  • Options
    teskeincteskeinc Posts: 836
    its understandable to be upset not getting tickets , but when you start screwing with peoples finances, thats when people get pissed. there are people who stated they may get hit with 35$ overdraft fees because of this multiple times. That is horrible.
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Options
    Just an observation.

1. Yes, they'll continue to give the fan base benefits...that's their bread and butter.

2. They're a business and, just as if someone gets my order wrong at a restaurant, I would want it corrected and/or addressed.

Take the lesson learned in the 1995 episode of 90210 and squash it now 10C. ;)

PBM

Amen- That's exactly right. 10c are not bad people with bad intent. They are a business and we are customers. They bit off more than their system can chew. They probably didn't know, or forgot, beforehand. I have faith they'll learn from this and make adjustments for future ticket sales. The whole argument of "don't complain, be happy with what they provide us", is bonk. If they didn't provide us this service, somebody else would. If Denny's makes me wait an hour and then I get cold food, then they hold me hostage waiting for the check, I'll dump them for IHOP without thinking twice. What is one supposed to put up with? I went 1-1/2 hours of the hell that many others eloquently described. I hope they fix it or fix the problem another way such as outsourcing. I think they will address it. Like I said earlier, they have demonstrated many times in the past that they listen and make adjustments. I think they are good people.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Options
    All were asking is that the tickets be removed from the Goods section. I guess that's too much to ask? I guess that makes us ungrateful? There were a very small number of tickets available. Most of those were gone within seconds. That's life, not the TenClub fault one bit. But when you leave an obviously sold out event open for people to try and purchase and those people get charged but don't get tickets then you have a problem. A lot of people including myself have no tickets and pending charges in our accounts. If that's not something to complain about I don't know what is. I know the charges will eventually be dropped but that still doesn't make it right. Another guy on the board is actually overdrawn because of this mess. He kept trying to purchase the same set of tickets and now he's got hundreds of dollars of pending charges and not one ticket.
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    One point I'm trying to make is that the overcharge seems like an easy fix to me and that Tenclub would be more than willing to do it. It seems like something that could be fixed with a simple email or phone call to them. Do you think that everyone needs to start saying how bad Tenclub sucks? Cuz that's what seems to be happening around here. I agree that you should let your cable company know if something is wrong, and that's what people should do. However, they're not really handling it in the best of all ways. Also agreed that the tenclub should probably issue a statement of some sorts for the people who are freaking out.

You're acting like we owe the 10c something for them "allowing us" to buy tickets from them. We have all spent a lot of money over the years. The least they can do is get a better ticket distribution system. I sure as hell don't pay for a memebership to get a newsletter every year.

I was online at 10am yesterday...got charged...didn't get tickets. Now I'll have buy from ticketmaster because the fan club I pay for can't get their shit together. Not to mention that I live 10 minutes from the venue
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    i love old bay
  • Options
    3mvps3mvps Posts: 23
    It sux that some of you didnt get tickets, and I agree if someone used a debit card then they have a legit gripe, The CC thing I wouldnt be worried about. But in saying that, I bet I would feel different if I didnt have TIX. There are those who got tickets, those who got tickets and were overcharged, those who didnt get tickets, and those who got "charged" and dint get tickets. So there are alot of different scenarios. GRATEFUL
    Hustlas prayer: If the game shakes me or breaks me I hope it makes me a better man Take a better stand Put money in my moms hand Get my daughter this college plan, so she dont need no man Stay far from timid Only make moves when ya hearts in it And live the phrase skys the limit
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    Thanks you
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027

ya know, i was saying the same thing over a year ago, thats actually why i left, i just felt people were ungrateful. but here is the thing. its happening way too much now. i still back the 10C 100% as they do a great job 9 out of 10 times. but this is now becoming a problem, even they have to see this.

as far as the money being put back, thats great, and it will happen.
    but if you have 500 bucks in your checking account, and you try to spend lets say 200 for tickets, but get charged 400, that leaves you with 100 bucks, sometimes it can take up to 14 days to get the 200 back. so at that point you may overdraft, or plain just be out the money you thought you had to get by until your next pay check. if PJ wants to keep all these things "in-house", ticket sales, lots of special deals, and such, they really need to be able to handle the demand, especially when the supply is not there to meet the demand. for the record, i did not try to get tickets, as i live in Ohio, and it was just not a "do-able" thing for me.

anyway, congrats to those who got tickets, sorry to those who didnt, and really sorry to those who are having problems with the payment.

so in short, the 10C really needs to step up their program ( server) to handle the demand for the product ( PJ ) they are selling.

nothing but love.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    JD SalJD Sal Posts: 790

The 10c can do nothing to fix this. The authorization holds will disappear within 3-5 business days. That's basically it. So if someone tried to order tix and planned to spend say $150, but ended up with charges/authorization holds of $800-$1,000 on their account (some being debit/ATM cards), and they have to wait until maybe next week for the funds to become "unfrozen." Oh, and they didn't get tickets either but were charged anyway.

That seems very worthy of bitching. Now maybe someone can't pay a bill or can't eat for a week because the 10c system glitch charged them 5x too much.

An apology is definitely in order, and I didn't even try for tickets. If this was any other business, fan club, retail outlet, whatever, the company would be apologizing out of the wazoo.
    "If no one sees you, you're not here at all"
  • Options
    DO YOU THINK THAT THE TEN CLUB WON'T FIX THE FRICKIN PROBLEM?

I don't see any evidence at this point that they will. This has been going on for 5 years now.
    If the ten club read all the bitching that goes on they wouldn't give us any benefits.

I'm certainly not going to suggest that there aren't a lot of wonderful benefits of joining the 10C. It's a great organization that obviously cares about its members. However, that does not make them immune from criticism. These ticket sales are a mess and just because someone refers to them as a mess doesn't make them "ungrateful" or incorrect. Facts are facts.
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,563
    As someone on the side line, not involved in this mess in any way, I have to say that 10c sometimes do a horrible job! This is one of those instances. I have a hard time understanding how on earth they can allow themselves to operate this way. They obviously don't have any respect for their customers or themselves.

Seems like the only way they will stop up to look at their practices is if we stop buying their products and start being a little more picky. That will unfortunately never happen as they clearly need a wake up call of some sort...

Got to wonder what they do all day..
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,252
    AND IF YOU CALL YOUR FRICKIN BANK, THEY'll PROBABLY BE UNDERSTANDING AS WELL.
    I see you've never dealt with a bank before. ;)
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    JD Sal wrote:
    The 10c can do nothing to fix this. The authorization holds will disappear within 3-5 business days. That's basically it. So if someone tried to order tix and planned to spend say $150, but ended up with charges/authorization holds of $800-$1,000 on their account (some being debit/ATM cards), and they have to wait until maybe next week for the funds to become "unfrozen." Oh, and they didn't get tickets either but were charged anyway.

That seems very worthy of bitching. Now maybe someone can't pay a bill or can't eat for a week because the 10c system glitch charged them 5x too much.

An apology is definitely in order, and I didn't even try for tickets. If this was any other business, fan club, retail outlet, whatever, the company would be apologizing out of the wazoo.

well stated... that really is the core of the issue.. people having their funds tied up for a product they did not receive when they might need access to their money right now....
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    JD Sal wrote:

Very true... and try using that debit card on Friday to get tickets thru TM... ohh wait the hold might not be off by then. 3 business days would be Thurs, 5 would be Monday the 25th.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    Nobody deserves to have errant charges on a bank statement that may impact their livelihood (whether that means being unable to buy food tomorrow or tickets on Friday). And nobody should just let an issue such as the one that happened yesterday go by without a response. But the fact of the matter is that nobody should be raging against the Ten Club in such heinous language with a holier-than-thou attitude.

Yes, the Ten Club screwed up as do other companies big and small from time to time. And as a customer, it is my responsibility to hold the company accountable for the services they promise (in this case tickets). How I choose to respond says a lot about me as an individual, and I choose to respond to the Ten Club directly, personally, and professionally. But when the response becomes "bitching" by a collective group of disgruntled fans it looks poorly upon the entire Pearl Jam community.

Offer your constructive criticism. Suggest ways for the Ten Club to make improvements. Vent a little here and there. But be sure to balance your anger with positivity.

We -- the fans -- are a unique group, and those fans who reside on this message board are an even more unique subset of the fan population, and it is our responsibility to be representatives of the tens of thousands of fans out there world-wide. I shutter to think what impression we have made on the fans outside of the US.

We are the lucky ones (fans world-wide). We are members of an exclusive club that caters to our needs for tickets, media, and posters. But the overwhelming response to these benefits seems to be "it's never enough."

Demand is apparently ever increasing (the slammed servers yesterday is evidence of that fact), and the Ten Club will work to accommodate that end. We as fans may need to suffer from our own fervor for more until the system is repaired. Until then, be happy if you got tickets... be upset if you didn't... feel wronged if you got charged without tickets to show for the debit to your account... but, more than anything, be civil in how you conduct yourself in this forum.

I am a proud member of the Ten Club and of this message pit, and I have faith in both the people on this board and the people who manage it. There has never been a time when a mistake hasn't been rectified by this band or the people who support it.

Remember that.
    First show: 3 November 1993 (San Diego)...

Most recent show: 12 July 2008 (VH1 Rock Honours)...

Next show: Let's get a tour together...

Ten Club... you make me smile.
  • Options
    Nobody deserves to have errant charges on a bank statement that may impact their livelihood
    Remember that.

Very nice post. Well said.
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    JD Sal wrote:

agreed, all the people saying to stop bitching dont realize this, my mortgage is 1100 bucks a month, a few month ago, it posted 6 times, overdraft charges left and right, yes it all was taken care of, but it took two weeks!

which means i couldnt touch my money for two weeks. in that two weeks i was paid so was my gf, but we both have direct deposit, and the two paychecks did not cover the overdrafts. so we were flat out broke for two weeks, and racked up a few late charges on other payments because we couldnt pay them on time. it was a mess, and i got all fixed except two late fees to bank of america credit card, and a best buy credit card. so in the end i got screwed out of 70 bucks for my mortgage companies mess up.

for the record, i didnt even try for tickets.

apologies are in order, and a solution to the problem must be put in place so it dont happen again.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951

Since when has the 10club ever given anyone anything? Last time I checked they sell people things. Why is it a bad thing for people to expect value for their money, rather than being charged (or at least pre-charged which isn't that different) and then getting nothing?
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    I have no problems with not getting tickets.
    I say "c'est la vie" or "thats life".

My problem is also not that I have a charge that will be removed in 2-4 days now.
    My problem is that how can I see that at 11:07 am I purchased tickets from 10C it went through. I can phone my CC company and get that verified.
    And because of a problem on 10C side of things they will not honour that transaction.

Simple.
    I bought tickets.
    Where are they?
    I have proof I got in an hour before Joe Blow.
    I spent 2 1/2 hours refreshing and phoning 10C.

I seriouslydo not think I am complaining.
    And those of you who know me know I dont complain.

Its just bad all around.
    Thats all.
    Im dissapointed.
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    these people have every right to complain, sorry. no excuse for that at all. it's bad business, period. especially if you end up overdrafting because of it.
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte