Options

What If The Tweet Is A Free Digital Download Album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Comments

• Options
    You guys are making alot of sense maybe people are getten their hopes with a tour or even shows.
    Speaking as a child of the 90's
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    wolfman wrote:
    You guys are making alot of sense maybe people are getten their hopes with a tour or even shows.
    funny thing is, if this IS the tweet... many people will be going nuts (in a bad way) cos it's not a tour :D

A new album would be fantastic :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    funny thing is, if this IS the tweet... many people will be going nuts (in a bad way) cos it's not a tour :D

A new album would be fantastic :)
    True. I want my California tour dammit! ;)

My Theory is they're doing the new Bond theme song.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    walkthamilewalkthamile Posts: 349
    I would much rather an album of new material over a tour.

I mean they just finished a tour, Ed is going to play solo shows and Bonnaroo is going to happen. Why in the hell would they want to tour more without new material???

I makes sense for them to release some new stuff and then announce some dates. It has been nearly 2 years since the last record...They're due for one!
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour:Member #9-+--+
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    this would fit in with big and free thing we have all been waiting for!

it could have been the big bold free thing... and i think it was

i think they scrapped the idea and wanted to have a "established" record with a label first... then radiohead beat them to the punch... and now they are going to one up them by secretly releasing a DL album out of no where

it could happen
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    DonJon wrote:
    The fact that it has been delayed leads me to believe that it is something technical ie a download of some sort

yea...

i don't see a tour happening anytime soon.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    svenstephysvenstephy Posts: 182
    So what about a download that you have to pay for? Like the NIN model, there could be a load of different purchasing options. Just a thought.....

radiohead did it back in october - you named your own price, which could be free...but they also produced a limited number of special release packages for $80 that included a cd, extras and vinyl.

the cd itself was available in december. if pj did this, i'm sure they'd have something similar where you can still buy the cd.
    it's funny when things change so much, it's all state of mind...
  • Options
    PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    my2hands wrote:
    it could have been the big bold free thing... and i think it was

i think they scrapped the idea and wanted to have a "established" record with a label first... then radiohead beat them to the punch... and now they are going to one up them by secretly releasing a DL album out of no where

it could happen

It could happen. This would be awsome. Were't there some rumors floating around last year that they would release a new album in April or May? A secret album would be amazing!!!!!

That being said, i still think they are announcing a tour. The rumors about MSG, ACL, and Dallas are way too strong.
  • Options
    I really wouldn't be all that surprised, as it seems to be the trend nowadays with popular bands. Let's hope your right!
    1998-07-10 San Diego
    1998-07-11 Las Vegas
    2000-10-22 Las Vegas
    2000-10-25 San Diego
    2003-06-05 San Diego
    2006-07-06 Las Vegas
    2006-07-07 San Diego

http://www.myspace.com/roccondiego
  • Options
    PJGARDEN wrote:
    It could happen. This would be awsome. Were't there some rumors floating around last year that they would release a new album in April or May? A secret album would be amazing!!!!!

That being said, i still think they are announcing a tour. The rumors about MSG, ACL, and Dallas are way too strong.

I think a new album would be a bit of a stretch. Ithink we would have heard a little something about studio sessions if that were the case. What I think is definitely possible though is that they release the b-sides from the Avocado sessions. We know they are out there and they could release them via download without prior notice.
    Well, do you need a lot of what you've got to survive?
  • Options
    PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    Worldwide Singles maybe?????
  • Options
    If you thought NIN's server had trouble coping with the demand for Ghosts I - IV you ain't seen the ten clubs attempt yet.
  • Options
    Fu_ManchuFu_Manchu Posts: 422
    lazygun_99 wrote:
    If you thought NIN's server had trouble coping with the demand for Ghosts I - IV you ain't seen the ten clubs attempt yet.

The server will collapse quicker than Newcastle United
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
  • Options
    Its alright they will bring back King Abbruzzese to sort it all out and then it will all be fine.
  • Options

ha ha! big game this weekend for the toon army boys!

Im a Reading fan, if we b eat birmingham we'll have done you a favour!!

heres to the slimist most tiniest chance of a UK PJ show at the Madjeski lol!!!
    'Life comes from within your heart and desire'

~~Wembley 2000, Reading 2006, Paris 2006, Wembley 2007~~
  • Options
    ha ha! big game this weekend for the toon army boys!

Im a Reading fan, if we b eat birmingham we'll have done you a favour!!

heres to the slimist most tiniest chance of a UK PJ show at the Madjeski lol!!!

the king has been out of the game too long to have a positive affect here, it'd only end in tears and you know they should never go back.

Do who a favour? that result won't affect us in any way shape or form.
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
  • Options
    muppetmuppet Posts: 980

Ever seen an angry Geordie Pearl Jam fan?
  • Options
    the king has been out of the game too long to have a positive affect here, it'd only end in tears and you know they should never go back.

Do who a favour? that result won't affect us in any way shape or form.

It will if you win! then we travel to your place a couple weeks after, should be an interesting one!

• Options
    It will if you win! then we travel to your place a couple weeks after, should be an interesting one!

No you don't, Everton don't play Reading again this season
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
  • Options
    No you don't, Everton don't play Reading again this season

my apologies, thought you were one of the brainwashed toon army!

• Options
    my apologies, thought you were one of the brainwashed toon army!

Jesus, thank the lord I'm not that demented.

Why do they call Newcastle the Magpies anyway when they have an aversion to silver?
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
  • Options
    Jesus, thank the lord I'm not that demented.

Why do they call Newcastle the Magpies anyway when they have an aversion to silver?

do magpies tweet??? perhaps we have solved the clue!! Pearl Jam to play in newcastle! lol

• Options
    HailRoad24HailRoad24 Posts: 133
    I am still feeling a new album comprised of material from Avocado. I actually think they put down enough material for two albums during those sessions and have been holding onto it ever since. Not to mention the interview with Danny Clinch, that to me, speaks volumes that something is in the air.

I'd much rather have a tour supporting new material over just a tour of the Northeast. Time to be men and tour the South again guys.
    -PUSH ME AND I WILL RESIST!
  • Options
    do magpies tweet??? perhaps we have solved the clue!! Pearl Jam to play in newcastle! lol

Pearl Jam to play FOR Newcastle!
  • Options
    02/22/92 - Riverside, Newcastle, England [70m]
    attendance: 600
    set: Oceans, Even Flow, Why Go, Jeremy, Deep, Alive, (Hunger Strike)/Black, State of Love and Trust, Once, Porch
    enc: My Generation, (Window Paine)/Garden, Leash
    notes: Ed starts off 'Oceans' and the rest of the band misses it and he restarts the song. After 'Once,' the crowd cheers, "jump, jump, jump" and Eddie obliges. Ed inserts the last verse of Sting's 'Island of Souls' into 'Deep.' A very short version of the Who's 'My Generation' is covered by PJ for the first time.
  • Options
    muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    I'd love it if Pearl Jam came back to Newcastle. I've never seen them live and Wembley wasn't an option last year.

I suppose this announcement is US tour dates, so I shouldn't get too excited. I wish they'd do a UK tour though, like Foo Fighters, Velvet Revolver and Queens of the Stone Age
  • Options
    muppet wrote:
    I'd love it if Pearl Jam came back to Newcastle. I've never seen them live and Wembley wasn't an option last year.

I suppose this announcement is US tour dates, so I shouldn't get too excited. I wish they'd do a UK tour though, like Foo Fighters, Velvet Revolver and Queens of the Stone Age

I'd love it too but i really cant see it happening this year or even the year after that. Start saving your pennies for a trip over the pond!

• Options
    moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    I usually don't listen to speculations... but this would be super, great if this was true!

...and, as someone else has already posted, it seems a little fishy to have to wait for the next day to get things correctly... I mean if it was tour news than it would have already dropped, because that would have been prepared in advance... but a technical problem could occur for a digital download, such as yesterday's dealings... I probably repeated myself... but I'm stoked!
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • Options
    HailRoad24 wrote:
    I am still feeling a new album comprised of material from Avocado. I actually think they put down enough material for two albums during those sessions and have been holding onto it ever since. Not to mention the interview with Danny Clinch, that to me, speaks volumes that something is in the air.

I'd much rather have a tour supporting new material over just a tour of the Northeast. Time to be men and tour the South again guys.

I'm really hoping its new material just because I'm already going to Bonnaroo. Of course, how great would it be if it is both! Although I really can't afford both roo and a concert or two I'm sure I would do both even though it would dig me even further into my increasing debt
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    Also, I'm not big on trying to decipher the TWEETs, but with the use of words like "ducks" "eggs" and "basket" it would seem like it might be something that is going to happen quickly being Easter weekend and all....then again, the use of those words might not mean a damn thing except that they are timely because of the holiday
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all