Options

New Article - National Ledger

13»

Comments

• Options
    MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
    In a way, I get a sense of pride when I read things like this. It's reassuring and it reminds me that I'm not f*cking nuts for loving the band so much.

Such a great article, in part because only WE know how truly honest she was.
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • Options
    FitzFitz Posts: 169
    First of all, there’s the palpable camaraderie and good feeling you get from the entire band as they smile and nod at each other, and huddle together in various formations throughout the show --- They look like they really like each other. They look stoked! To be with each other, and to be playing and to be with … Could it be? … With US.

That above will be my sig from now on, fookin loved that bit!
    "First of all, there’s the palpable camaraderie and good feeling you get from the entire band as they smile and nod at each other, and huddle together in various formations throughout the show --- They look like they really like each other. They look stoked!"
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Thanks for posting this great article. I'm nearly 40 and a mom like the author, and had to reply to her for writing such a descriptive and passionate article. I just wish I had the chance to attend multiple shows!
  • Options
    kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    ::bump::

I just read this article this morning and I agree, it truly sums it up so I immediately forwarded it to my step daughter. My hubby and I (52 & 49 respectively) took his daughter (32) and her fiance (33) to MSG night 1. Afterwards she said the concert was "nice" and they were both complaining about having to stand all night asking, "who stands for an entire concert, even the quiet songs?"

LMAO, I gave them sh!t all week about being wusses and not having the stamina for real rock and roll. tsk, tsk, kids today, they just don't get it. ;)

But Karen Barry Schwarz does. Good read.

Peace,
    KJ
  • Options
    *bump*

For anyone just coming home from the holiday weekend ... you need to read this article! It will make you :-).