Options

Why...why...why...why...why..? ??

release30release30 Posts: 2,051
edited June 2008 in The Porch
Am I obsessed with getting as many Pearl Jam posters as possible????

I feel the need to get all of the ones from this tour for sure........

The boots I understand but this poster thing has me stumped...lol
Conversations getting dull
There's a constant ringing in my ears
Sense of humor's void and numb
And I'm bored to tears.......
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,563
    Welcome to the poster world! It starts with pearl jam, but it will grow and soon you will find yourself with posters of bands you haven't even heard of.

And art prints...

And its gonna cost ya...

And your girl is gonna be pissed because there are empty tubes all over the house...

But its all cool:)
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    I already have about 30 tubes still filled with posters most of them PJ posters...But I feel the need to have them all......................
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    ignore Niko....hes evil!!!

as for your posters, you have them all in tubes???????? ouch
  • Options
    i'm very much like you too, I have this need to have anything with Pearl and Jam on it, you cant explain it, its wierd to everyone else, you dont even understand it yourself, but its there....i think its an illness....
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

IIIIII got nothing to say, but guilty guilty GUILTY.....

Oooh once, upon a time.. I could control myyyyself...
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

I just have alot that I have not gotton framed...Costs $$$$$....And I spared NO expense when it comes to framing...
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    release30 wrote:
    Am I obsessed with getting as many Pearl Jam posters as possible????

I feel the need to get all of the ones from this tour for sure........

The boots I understand but this poster thing has me stumped...lol
    yes. PLEASE tell me WHY you poster freaks NEED to have these posters!!! I know everyone has 'their thing' but......you guys freak out about them getting bent or even SLIGHTLY marked. Its craziness how you all wait in line way before showtime to get a poster! Whats the deal? And im not discriminating, I have some close frenz that are "collectors"......i just wanna know WHY!!! Alot of them arent that great right????
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    cool, just get em out of them tubes, and into a flat storage box or folder.....just think of the creases and roll bends if you leave it too long...

Like you I never get rounjd to framing mine either, so thanks to Evil Niko the first i got one of the A1 art files, which keeps them perfectly flaat and doesnt cost much at all....
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    yes. PLEASE tell me WHY you poster freaks NEED to have these posters!!! I know everyone has 'their thing' but......you guys freak out about them getting bent or even SLIGHTLY marked. Its craziness how you all wait in line way before showtime to get a poster! Whats the deal? And im not discriminating, I have some close frenz that are "collectors"......i just wanna know WHY!!! Alot of them arent that great right????

hey man, you are so right, but its a matter of control....I have none...

I do have a rule whereby I only buy the ones I really like and ones I would put on my wall...probably the only reason I've managed to keep my collection under 50 so far
  • Options
    I think it has to do with impulsion and common sense. Also you might have something else missing in your life... (I don't mean to be rude, but my sister is a psychologist and I know a bit).
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    hey man, you are so right, but its a matter of control....I have none...

I do have a rule whereby I only buy the ones I really like and ones I would put on my wall...probably the only reason I've managed to keep my collection under 50 so far

well then thats good! :D

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    the thing is my life is pretty complete,

I have a wife
    my own business
    a cool dog
    a child on the way
    had a great upbringing
    my house and some investments
    had great holidays, proper seen the world
    and I'm only 29.....
    and a sweet PJ collection...

not sure what i could be missing, except maybe a brain
  • Options
    I think it has to do with impulsion and common sense. Also you might have something else missing in your life... (I don't mean to be rude, but my sister is a psychologist and I know a bit).

hmmm..interesting. Since your sister is a psychologist, she should inform you that theres no such thing as common sense!!! ( i know a bit too ;) ) oh but i agree with impulse!!! haha

• Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

I have a wife
    my own business
    a cool dog
    a child on the way
    had a great upbringing
    and I'm only 29.....

LOVE this!!! Especially the doggie!!! :D

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    hmmm..interesting. Since your sister is a psychologist, she should inform you that theres no such thing as common sense!!! ( i know a bit too ;) ) oh but i agree with impulse!!! haha

Ow there is common sense - just that "common sense" - phrase might not be the right thing to express it in academic world. Maybe good - situation addapted judgement or something like that. (let's not get to far into this disscusion :) )

If someone wanna cure his/her addiction with posters a good thing to do might be getting rid of some - you can PM me for my adress ;) (just kidding)
  • Options
    oh, hes a very cool doggie.....

and hes only 5 months old....
  • Options
    If I could I would change my screen name to 'Evil Niko'.
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    that would be ace
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

I have a wife
    my own business
    a cool dog
    a child on the way
    had a great upbringing
    and I'm only 29.....

My life is pretty complete also...........

I have a beatiful young latin girlfriend........
    I am a manager of the best strip club in the country........
    I have a cool dog......
    I have a child on the way.....
    upbringing sucked........
    make alot of money staring at strange all night......(this one is brutal I know)..
    traveled alot to see music when I can.....
    I'm in my mid-30's with most of my hair...(when in ur 30's you never give exact age)...
    I have a decent PJ collection....BUT!!! Here in lies the BIG problem of WHY!!!!

......Not sure what i could be missing, except maybe MORE PEARL JAM posters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    release30 wrote:
    My life is pretty complete also...........

I have a beatiful young latin girlfriend........
    I am a manager of the best strip club in the country........
    I have a cool dog......
    I have a child on the way.....
    upbringing sucked........
    make alot of money staring at strange all night......(this one is brutal I know)..
    traveled alot to see music when I can.....
    I'm in my mid-30's with most of my hair...(when in ur 30's you never give exact age)...
    I have a decent PJ collection....BUT!!! Here in lies the BIG problem of WHY!!!!

......Not sure what i could be missing, except maybe MORE PEARL JAM posters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

manager of the best strip club in town....damn it thats what I'm missing!!!
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    pdalowsky wrote:
    cool, just get em out of them tubes, and into a flat storage box or folder.....just think of the creases and roll bends if you leave it too long...

Like you I never get rounjd to framing mine either, so thanks to Evil Niko the first i got one of the A1 art files, which keeps them perfectly flaat and doesnt cost much at all....

You have any more info or maybe even a web link to the art file you use? I have been searching in Toronto forever and haven't found a real efficient storage method.
  • Options
    i could send you a few pics if that would that help??

Its basically a material a1 zip case with slip in plastic inserts that hold all sizes of posters (only ones that hasnt fit by the smallest margins were the borgatta and the the La 06 Klausen) with black paper behind them to protect.....
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045

Aside from this being the biggest crock of shit I have read in a while, I have nothing to add to this thread. :D

I enjoy posters, I enjoy collecting, and I enjoy Pearl Jam. Doesnt mean I have "mommie issues" or that I NEED this stuff and I would do ANYTHING to get it. I WANT this stuff, so I buy it, simple as that. Doesnt make me compulsive, and I like to think I have common sense(although in my early 20's, that was debatable).

Sorry if you take it the wrong way, I just get tired of people telling me that I have issues because I COLLECT posters...Especially a guy that comes here and says "My sister is a psychologist, so I know a bit"...She is the shrink, you are not..YOU dont know shit! ;)..
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    Aside from this being the biggest crock of shit I have read in a while, I have nothing to add to this thread. :D

I enjoy posters, I enjoy collecting, and I enjoy Pearl Jam. Doesnt mean I have "mommie issues" or that I NEED this stuff and I would do ANYTHING to get it. I WANT this stuff, so I buy it, simple as that. Doesnt make me compulsive, and I like to think I have common sense(although in my early 20's, that was debatable).

Sorry if you take it the wrong way, I just get tired of people telling me that I have issues because I COLLECT posters...Especially a guy that comes here and says "My sister is a psychologist, so I know a bit"...She is the shrink, you are not..YOU dont know shit! ;)..

I was trying to polite, but now you put it like this, it all becomes much clearer, this guy was talking bollocks.....utter fucking garbage