Options

OK we're gonna need ALL of your help!

Comments

• Options
    As was said in the AET version of this thread, i'm in and the 29th is good for me.

Birmingham or London?
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    As was said in the AET version of this thread, i'm in and the 29th is good for me.

Birmingham or London?
    I don't know if we'd have enough in the midlands :o so maybe London? I don't know... what do ya think?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    I don't know if we'd have enough in the midlands :o so maybe London? I don't know... what do ya think?

Well I can do either but i'll need plenty of notice for London.

I agree that there may not be enough in the Midlands, I think we'll get a bigger crowd if we keep it to the capital then us few can travel down together? :)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Options
    Well I can do either but i'll need plenty of notice for London.

I agree that there may not be enough in the Midlands, I think we'll get a bigger crowd if we keep it to the capital then us few can travel down together? :)
    yeh, I think you're right... we may get up to 10 if we have it in the midlands but all the goodies might be a bit wasted then :D and we'd only make £100 :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    yeh, I think you're right... we may get up to 10 if we have it in the midlands but all the goodies might be a bit wasted then :D and we'd only make £100 :D

Agreed. I think if we hold it in London we could get an almighty meet up and do this thing with style! :cool:

I've text Dave about it. I'll let you know what he says too :)

• Options
    Agreed. I think if we hold it in London we could get an almighty meet up and do this thing with style! :cool:

I've text Dave about it. I'll let you know what he says too :)
    :) excellent... I'm just about due a trip to London anyway :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    Can't do London :(
    Too difficult to get babysitters for an entire weekend :(
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    I am wondering whether it would be possible to do some kind of "Secret Santa". Everyone attending the meetup makes a donation of any amount in Laura's name, and then receipts for the donation are exchanged at the meetup?

This strikes me as the simplest way to do it?
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    meme wrote:
    I am wondering whether it would be possible to do some kind of "Secret Santa". Everyone attending the meetup makes a donation of any amount in Laura's name, and then receipts for the donation are exchanged at the meetup?

This strikes me as the simplest way to do it?
    well that would solve the issue of one person being involved with the money!

urbanhippie :o ok, let's figure something out!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    well that would solve the issue of one person being involved with the money!

urbanhippie :o ok, let's figure something out!
    Don't worry about it :) It's the way it goes.

Just call me Cinderella :o

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    Don't worry about it :) It's the way it goes.

Just call me Cinderella :o
    well we could have a midlands meet up anyway :D but save the raffle and any fundraising for the London one... and we'll include you in the raffle? How's that?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    well we could have a midlands meet up anyway :D but save the raffle and any fundraising for the London one... and we'll include you in the raffle? How's that?

Great idea :D

• Options
    OK :)

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    OK :)
    sorry :o I know you've been a great help from the beginning so there's no WAY we'll leave you out of it. NO chance you could get a babysitter? :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    sorry :o I know you've been a great help from the beginning so there's no WAY we'll leave you out of it. NO chance you could get a babysitter? :o

I'm afraid i'll be in London :p;)

Yeah Sar, isn't there ANYWAY you could get someone to have them for one night? :o

• Options
    Sorry no... :(
    Sian and Dave are the only ones stupid enough....I mean lovely enough (;)) to do that for me. Never mind, the fund raising's the main thing and the more people, the more money :)

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    Sorry no... :(
    Sian and Dave are the only ones stupid enough....I mean lovely enough (;)) to do that for me. Never mind, the fund raising's the main thing and the more people, the more money :)

dangit :(

• Options
    I'm afraid i'll be in London :p;)

Yeah Sar, isn't there ANYWAY you could get someone to have them for one night? :o
    You know I can't my love :(

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    You know I can't my love :(

poo :(

• Options
    poo :(
    I'll be there in spirit :)
    I always am :D

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    i hope we can get this done ,i need all the try state area pj fans to let me know if there is any interest in this great idea ...
    In too!

You should post on the AET one too.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    In too!

You should post on the AET one too.

*ahem*

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=306603

;)

• Options
    Dave's just confirmed by the power of text :D

• Options
    Oops
    :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    bump... hopefully I'll have more info soon. Anybody else want to organise something locally?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Lone WolfLone Wolf Posts: 1,023
    Bump for the cause
    Dream the dreams of other men,...You´ll be no ones rival,...
    Dream the dreams of others then,... You will be no ones rival,...
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    how did i ever miss this thread?! :o
    been chatting about this awhile in PMs...no iudea there was a thread for it.

i really like the idea of doctors without borders, but as you said.....could be that every locality chooses their own charity as beneficiary?

no matter what, gathering together pj fans and raising $$$ for a charity laura supported....i can think of no more fitting tribute in her honor, such an amazing and giving woman...so smart and ridiculously funny.

personally, i think december would work better, especially for those of us in the states. many os us already have the VFC screening next week, and then a major holiday at the end of the month, not much free time imo. if we have it all more around her sad anniversary 12.08.08.......before or after, but within the first 2 weeks to steer cleer of the december holidays, i think it would be good.

i will definitely ask around some NYers for tips, pointers, suggestions for places, going about involving a charity, etc.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    how did i ever miss this thread?! :o
    been chatting about this awhile in PMs...no iudea there was a thread for it.

i really like the idea of doctors without borders, but as you said.....could be that every locality chooses their own charity as beneficiary?

no matter what, gathering together pj fans and raising $$$ for a charity laura supported....i can think of no more fitting tribute in her honor, such an amazing and giving woman...so smart and ridiculously funny.

personally, i think december would work better, especially for those of us in the states. many os us already have the VFC screening next week, and then a major holiday at the end of the month, not much free time imo. if we have it all more around her sad anniversary 12.08.08.......before or after, but within the first 2 weeks to steer cleer of the december holidays, i think it would be good.

i will definitely ask around some NYers for tips, pointers, suggestions for places, going about involving a charity, etc.
    Thank you :) that would be brilliant. I don't think it really matters when it's held... the most important thing is that we make some money :) I think Laura'd be proud of us if we could do that.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    *bump*