Posters 4 Sale

Comments

• Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    edited July 2012
    Post edited by Fahka on
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    I really wish you would read my posts again. I never called ANYONE any names... im sorry you feel that way. No names were directed towards anyone, just speaking of "assholes/scumbags" in general... sheesh louish

and again... i would have only been offended by your poster selling had you purchased it at cost ...tis why i apologized :D ...

Hey, I actually edited that post to take that part out. You quoted me too quickly!! :p Sorry :o
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,445
    Wilds wrote:
    Hypothetically if I bought tickets off of eBay for lets say $200.00 each and I ended up only needing one, what should I do?

If my friend decided to go with me I would charge him the $200.00 as anyone would. If I resold it I would try to get my $200.00 back.

With that said I would NOT try and sell it here. OR I would perhaps post that I bought expensive tickets online from a broker and would sell my extra for what I paid.

This is situational and I can't think that someone doing the above would be wrong.

The problem arises because who is to say what the original cost was. The PJ Code is so strong that even the slightest impression of making a profit incites anger and venom.

In the end I try not to worry about it too much. Sure I despise scalpers and all of the corporate greed and vent sometimes, but not every situation is the same and should not be painted with such a wide brush.

You are giving some people here WAY too much credit if you think they will assess a situation before commenting!
    :)
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    yosi wrote:
    Hey, I actually edited that post to take that part out. You quoted me too quickly!! :p Sorry :o

its all good:)
  • Options
    KingmidgetKingmidget Posts: 628
    Well, i got an asshole so....

although ill refrain from the stick... its no crime to point out when someone is being a tool. Not saying this "guy/girl" is indeed a tool but i mean come on...

If i had extra pearl jam poster, i wouldnt sell it TWELVE TIMES the worth and original price of the poster... Thats just being a dick wad.. which id expect to see on ebay but not here...

I've got the first release of Bob Dylan's debut album my Mom bought in 1963...mint condition. She paid like $8.00 for it. Hmmm...maybe I should sell it for that versus the hundreds its worth now? Anyone want it for $8.00???

Oh ya...I'll chip in my 90s PJ singles for the "fair" $10-15.00/single...the membership dues I paid to get em.. jeez
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,445
    Kingmidget wrote:
    I've got the first release of Bob Dylan's debut album my Mom bought in 1963...mint condition. She paid like $8.00 for it. Hmmm...maybe I should sell it for that versus the hundreds its worth now? Anyone want it for $8.00???

Oh ya...I'll chip in my 90s PJ singles for the "fair" $10-15.00/single...the membership dues I paid to get em.. jeez

Dude, a real fan would pay ME $8 to take it from you. C'mom, don't be greedy!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Dude, a real fan would pay ME $8 to take it from you. C'mom, don't be greedy!

Your right...I'm not worthy...its yours
  • Options
    So you paid 300 for it, and are selling it again?

Ps. "market value" is only relevant for scum bags.. not fans...

Oh ya....say...whats the "market value" of these high priced special seats PJs been sneakin in lately...guess they can set a crazy price but not fans???
  • Options
    scw156scw156 Posts: 442
    whoa whoa... I clearly said "tits" before.... this thread should be closed by now

:)
    The Sentence Below Is True
    The Sentence Above Is False
  • Options
    i've read this thread with interest, and have to admit... that reading the comments over the last couple of weeks on this site has bummed me out. i would be willing to sell the handwritten setlist from the IMPACT Awards show if someone threw an obscene amount of money at me, so does that mean i'm not a true fan? bullshit. i had an idealized view of PJ's fanbase, but on this official site that the band sees fit to provide for all our benefit, i've seen fans slagging other fans, slagging the 10c, slagging the band, and it's just a drag. a bunch of fucking yuppies complaining that this group of musicians, who have made so many incredible philanthropic efforts, done so much to provide access to their music for all of us, who have been selfless innovators in getting the best seats into true fans' hands at face value, isn't running a good enough website or doing enough to get you those seats to Ed's mini tour, which aren't even PJ shows! what a bunch of petulant, self-absorbed assholes. then i had the displeasure of reading comments disrespecting Nirvana and Kurt Cobain, which would truly disgust the band.

this definitely seems to be a minority of fans, but there's quite a few. quit bitching and enjoy the music.
    san diego 5.20.95 (watt+ed) . san diego 11.7.95 . oakland 11.18.97 (stones) . san diego 7.10.98 . las vegas 7.11.98 . san diego 10.25.00 . san diego 6.5.03 . seattle 4.9.04 (impact awards) . san diego 7.7.06 . san diego 4.15.08 (ed) . san diego 4.16.08 (ed) . honolulu 7.1.09 (ed) . honolulu 7.2.09 (ed) . los angeles 10.1.09 . san diego 10.9.09 . san diego 7.5.11 (ed) . seattle 7.16.11 (ed)
  • Options
    Bump.
  • Options
    Bump.
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    what does the 2003 Cleveland poster look like? I've been searching the net for it and can't find it.
  • Options
    n/m I found it on the ames site
  • Options
    AnnaMelindaAnnaMelinda Posts: 331
    Since so many people here think it's cool to do this?!?!?! :confused:

I've got a PJ towel I bought at the show...NEVER USED> NEVER WASHED. Just folded and put away.

I'll sell it to someone for $160. This includes shipping to the US.

Any takers?

I'm out of work....

If you can't beat em...join em!

(For $210 I'll throw in an orange Stone "Avocado" pick)
    sometimes life don't leave you alone
  • Options
    If you have a Cleveland 2006 poster I'll buy it
  • Options
    AnnaMelindaAnnaMelinda Posts: 331
    thunderDAN wrote:
    If you have a Cleveland 2006 poster I'll buy it

Ha. :)

If I did I'd sell it to you. :)

No go. Sorry. :)
    sometimes life don't leave you alone
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    Good luck selling your posters, yosi.

Let's Go Mets!

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    rhinomagic wrote:
    Good luck selling your posters, yosi.

Let's Go Mets!

Thanks. Somehow this thread got seriously hijacked like 3 or 4 times, but I can't complain because it means more people look at it and I get more inquiries that way.
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    I thought posters weren't for resale? And please don't say all these were bought at shows, cause who would sell posters to the show you went to?
  • Options
    Red Lukin wrote:
    I thought posters weren't for resale? And please don't say all these were bought at shows, cause who would sell posters to the show you went to?

None of these posters were bought through the 10c online. Thanks.
  • Options
    Bump.
  • Options
    hidinghiding Posts: 290
    Hi yosi

remember me?

I Think your prices are kinda high i wouldn't pay that for them.
    I think people would like fair prices, they seem a bit high.

he did the same to my SN LA 06 Kluasen
    one love

respect
  • Options
    hiding wrote:
    Hi yosi

remember me?

I Think your prices are kinda high i wouldn't pay that for them.
    I think people would like fair prices, they seem a bit high.

he did the same to my SN LA 06 Kluasen

So don't buy them. Other people think that they are fair and good. Good luck selling your poster.

Just for clarification, I only asked you to post a price. Once you did, I said I thought it was fair.
  • Options
    hidinghiding Posts: 290
    you had said it seemed high. and like you said you weren't even interested. i had to then explain to you that i would only be making 10$ on it and that was my asking price.

i think we are all smart enough to look up what posters are going for and that was all i asked for was "reasonable offer"

good luck
    yoyo
    one love

respect
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    Red Lukin wrote:

Some people buy the poster at the show then decide to sell it later. I have posters from most shows that I've been to, but don't have the money to frame them all, nor do I have the wall space to hang them up if they were all framed.
  • Options
    hiding wrote:
    you had said it seemed high. and like you said you weren't even interested. i had to then explain to you that i would only be making 10$ on it and that was my asking price.

i think we are all smart enough to look up what posters are going for and that was all i asked for was "reasonable offer"

good luck
    yoyo

This is exactly what I said:
    yosi wrote:
    Trust me, I totally get that, and think its a fair and reasonable price.

http://forums.pearljam.com/showpost.php?p=5251158&postcount=18

Please read more carefully.

Good luck selling.
  • Options
    NeilJam wrote:
    Some people buy the poster at the show then decide to sell it later. I have posters from most shows that I've been to, but don't have the money to frame them all, nor do I have the wall space to hang them up if they were all framed.

Some posters are also bought through other means, and not necessarily the 10c (i.e. ebay, other people selling their posters, trades, etc.)
  • Options
    Bump.
  • Options
    Added.