Who is getting GnR's new album "Chinese Democracy?"

13»

Comments

• Options
    hahahahahaha ;)

gotta go, the FBI's here
  • Options
    Firecloud wrote:
    so the final product has reportedly leaked...anyone got it?

i am not seeing it anywhere

what exactly is your source information?
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • Options
    YOU KNOW WHERE THE FUCK YOU ARE???
    you in the jungle baby
    wake up
    time to die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait for it to come out...Hopefully a tour to follow.
    08-19-08 (Riverside Theater) Vedder(Solo) Milwaukee, WI
    07-02-11 (Orpheum Theatre) Vedder(Solo) Minneapolis, MN
  • Options
    We All BelieveWe All Believe Scarsdale, NY Posts: 460
    I will buy it just to buy it, the same reason I bought "Zeitgeist". It's not GNR anymore.

I've heard everything on it except "This I Love" and "Scraped". I'm not impressed.
    May your days be long, til kingdom come.

Join the fight to prevent suicide at www.afsp.org
  • Options
    i was kinda hoping for more Appetite for Destruction, and less Use Your Illusion. sadly for me, its Illusion
  • Options
    i am not seeing it anywhere

what exactly is your source information?

just random music blogs with rapidshare links that were taken down. nothing substantial. shit's been locked hard from what i've seen.
  • Options
  • Options
    Matty Boy wrote:

this link sucks. ya, the song is great, but this version/quality blows. Don't allow ppl who will hear this for the first time judge it based on this low quality.

**don't listen to this link. Wait 7 days for the real thing!!!!
    Whats got the whole world faking?
  • Options
    this link sucks. ya, the song is great, but this version/quality blows. Don't allow ppl who will hear this for the first time judge it based on this low quality.

**don't listen to this link. Wait 7 days for the real thing!!!!
    Lots of people have already made up their minds to hate this album so I don't think it really matters. One more week and the album of the decade will finally be here.
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    No chance in hell

AXl sounds bad as ever

guitar is way overdone

besides that is not Guns and Roses, it is Axl and his lackies
  • Options
    holtzholtz Posts: 509
    hrd2imgn wrote:
    No chance in hell

AXl sounds bad as ever

guitar is way overdone

besides that is not Guns and Roses, it is Axl and his lackies

Then don't buy it. I don't go into threads for bands I don't like to bitch about how I don't like them, its pathetic. Is it my imagination or is it the people who never liked GNR who are the biggest complainers about Axl using the name?
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,310
    I wouldn't even steal it! GnR were finished the moment Slash left. Axl voice has always been too whiny for me anyway, it's the riffs on Appetite that made it a classic album, not the vocals
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    goldrush wrote:
    I wouldn't even steal it! GnR were finished the moment Slash left. Axl voice has always been too whiny for me anyway, it's the riffs on Appetite that made it a classic album, not the vocals

I disagree on this but I have noticed there are generally two types of music fans. The first loves the music and instrumentation first and vocal/lyrics are an afterthought or at least second place in importance. The other notices the vocals/lyrics first and foremost and the music is there to back that up. Again I am speaking in generalities.

For example, to me Eddie Vedder is the reason I am into Pearl Jam. His voice and lyrics are by far the primary reason I love Pearl Jam. It touches my soul. I bought a copy of his solo album and saw him on his solo tour. Now, on the other hand pretty much nothing the other members of the band has done without Eddie has appealed to me in the slightest. I give it all a chance but there is just no connection.

Same with Axl and GN'R for me. I have heard everything the other band members have done since they left and it leaves me cold. But I am enjoying the music Axl has created. No, it doesn’t sound like Appetite anymore than Binaural sounds like Ten, are people really upset that Axl didn’t rehash the same music territory he made 20 years ago? Forget the name and the band members and just focus on the music and listen with "open ears". If you can’t do that then you were biased to begin with and sorry but your critical opinion is invalid to me. If you just plain don’t like the music that is one thing, but band personnel and the decision to try and move in a different musical direction shouldn’t be a reason to dislike music. It shows a fundamental stubbornness and ignorance of artists and their desire to grow and change.
    "You can't even remember what I'm trying to forget"
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,310
    unclejosh wrote:
    I disagree on this but I have noticed there are generally two types of music fans. The first loves the music and instrumentation first and vocal/lyrics are an afterthought or at least second place in importance. The other notices the vocals/lyrics first and foremost and the music is there to back that up. Again I am speaking in generalities.

For example, to me Eddie Vedder is the reason I am into Pearl Jam. His voice and lyrics are by far the primary reason I love Pearl Jam. It touches my soul. I bought a copy of his solo album and saw him on his solo tour. Now, on the other hand pretty much nothing the other members of the band has done without Eddie has appealed to me in the slightest. I give it all a chance but there is just no connection.

Same with Axl and GN'R for me. I have heard everything the other band members have done since they left and it leaves me cold. But I am enjoying the music Axl has created. No, it doesn’t sound like Appetite anymore than Binaural sounds like Ten, are people really upset that Axl didn’t rehash the same music territory he made 20 years ago? Forget the name and the band members and just focus on the music and listen with "open ears". If you can’t do that then you were biased to begin with and sorry but your critical opinion is invalid to me. If you just plain don’t like the music that is one thing, but band personnel and the decision to try and move in a different musical direction shouldn’t be a reason to dislike music. It shows a fundamental stubbornness and ignorance of artists and their desire to grow and change.

Normally the vocal is the first thing that I notice and if I don't like a voice I won't listen to a band. With GnR it was different somehow. Axl has never, EVER, been a great singer - his voice is to whiny and really disappointing live in my opinion - but I still used to love the band when I was a kid. I was starting to learn guitar and I guess Slash was the focal point of the band for me.

Growing up in the 80s I loved Appetite and i bought (and love) Lies and the Illusion albums. I even thought Spaghetti had its moments. However, it's the blind devotion to GnR that some people still show after all this time that I just don't get. Over time Axl has become a farcical figure and I'm genuinely stunned thatthis album is actually being released after so many years of bullshit from him.

I agree that most of the post-GnR projects have been poor. Gilby Clark's first solo album was great though! :-)
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    unclejosh wrote:

Great post.
    Whats got the whole world faking?
  • Options
    unclejosh wrote:

I agree about the vocals vs. music people. I've always been about the music. A terrible singer can turn me off, but the best singer with boring music behind them is not going to do a damn thing for me. Pearl Jam's appeal to me was always about the music... Stone's swing and the grooviness of the rhythm section... I miss that.

That said, I'm still going to grab this album. It's odd, but I love Appetite because of the hard driving, gritty meanness of it. Yet at the same time, the Use Your Illusion albums... those kinds of songs were my least favorite... there were a lot of mediocre, filler songs that sounded like Appetite rejects. It was Axl's epics that rules those albums. I don't know what that means, but I am going to hear the new album and just hope it sounds more focused than UYI did.
    she was underwhelmed, if that's a word
  • Options
    Ultimately I probably will buy it, but I won't be rushing out to get it on the 23rd...and I'm not guaranteeing that I will at all. It doesn't interest me much.
    I spoke too soon....it didn't interest me much to begin with, but after I listened yesterday it interests me about as much a kick in the nuts with a steel-toed boot. Fuckin' dreadful I says.

Call me a sentimental fool, but if that shit is what GnR had sounded like to start with, I wouldn't give a shit today. Axl has done nothing but prove that he was nothing more than GnR's ego.....the talent has moved on
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    Well, I thought I could wait until it was released, and almost made it but last night I caved and listened to the album on their myspace page...gotta say I am impressed...most surprising song for me was "If the World" as I didnt care much for the demo but am really digging the final version..least fav tracks (keep in mind I've only heard these songs 1 time) are Scraped, Shacklers Revenge, Sorry, and This I Love but maybe they'll start to grow on me...standout tracks are, well, everything else haha..really cool to see how much Rhiad had developed since it was first played back in what 01? one of my favs from the album...cant wait for the album to get here and hopefully the 3 album rumor i've heard is true so we won't have to wait so long for the next release

and to say the talent has moved on? are you kidding me? have you heard anything the rest of the guys have done since GnR? come on, whats better? Izzy's solo stuff? Velvet revolver? Slash's Snakepit? hahaha
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    JSP552003 wrote:
    and to say the talent has moved on? are you kidding me? have you heard anything the rest of the guys have done since GnR? come on, whats better? Izzy's solo stuff? Velvet revolver? Slash's Snakepit? hahaha

No they all were bad...And Chinese Dictatorship isn't much better.
  • Options
    JSP552003 wrote:
    You are right in that the other guy's stuff hasn't been exceptional by any definition although I could tolerate VR (bought the first album, not the second) and while the Snakepit stuff wasn't very good they did some killer live shows (I located a few bootlegs).
    I have heard so many people talk about the musical genius of Axl though and it just isn't true. I would have loved to listen to this and walked away saying that it is great, but to me it just isn't. I would have turned many of those songs off before they got to the chorus if I were listening and completely unaware of who it was.
    To me, GnR (the real one) was a perfect storm of a blending of talents I guess is what I should have said. Without each other, none of them are very productive.
    If you like thats fine with me, but I for one will be saving my money.
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    got my copy :)
    Run to the hills
    run for your life
  • Options
    I saw Chinese Democracy available on iTunes. I thought it was only supposed to be available at Best Buy? Is there any difference between the one being sold at Best Buy and the one available on iTunes?
  • Options
    Nope, it's the same. The agreement with Best Buy included iTunes.