One Day As A Lion = Zack De La Rocha + Jon Theodore(old Mars Volta drummer)...

WindyCityFlyerWindyCityFlyer Posts: 244
edited July 2008 in Other Music
They say I'm rappin like BIG, jay, and tupac
Andre 3000 where is eryka badu at
Who dat
Who dat said dey gon beat lil wayne
My name ain't Bic but I keep dat flame man

2008 CHICAGO CUBS MAGIC NUMBER = 62

BEAR DOWN!!!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    thank goodness! the music industry needs you Zack!
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • boroff89boroff89 Posts: 786
    Forget Zack. The music industry needs Jon Theodore. He is by far the best drummer I have ever seen live. No other living drummer belongs in the building with him.
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.
  • phatuciniphatucini Posts: 399
    sounds good to me ...
  • melodyman22melodyman22 Posts: 326
    Zach is trash. A terrible voice. His politics are tired and old now.
  • Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531

*gasp* How dare you!!!!

This is gonna be classic :D
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • Zach is trash. A terrible voice. His politics are tired and old now.
    So you hate Zack and Tom? Don't comment in these threads then.
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,057
    http://www.nme.com/news/one-day-as-a-lion/37800

does anyone understand anything he goes on about in describing this??
    funny, i would've thought his politics have never been more relevant?
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980

Yeah, why can't Zach realize that everything is just fine with the world?
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,230
    boroff89 wrote:
    Forget Zack. The music industry needs Jon Theodore. He is by far the best drummer I have ever seen live. No other living drummer belongs in the building with him.

Have you seen The Mars Volta with Thomas Pridgen? Not taking anything away from Jon, but they're doing fine...
  • I can't wait to hear this. I'm a huge Rage fan and a huge Mars Volta fan so it should be awesome. It will be nice to finally hear some new music by Zack.
    pjl44 wrote:
    Have you seen The Mars Volta with Thomas Pridgen? Not taking anything away from Jon, but they're doing fine...

I did see them with Pridgen, and in my opinion, they weren't doing fine. There was a big drop-off from when I saw them with Theodore.
    boroff89 wrote:
    I did see them with Pridgen, and in my opinion, they weren't doing fine. There was a big drop-off from when I saw them with Theodore.

Wow...I've seen them headline once with Theodore and once with Pridgen. I thought the recent show with Pridgen was MUCH stronger. (More to do with the material than who was on drums...they meandered a little too much last time around and the Bedlam songs really made for a better pace.)

Again, I think Jon's fantastic, but I enjoyed Pridgen every bit as much.
    pjl44 wrote:
    Wow...I've seen them headline once with Theodore and once with Pridgen. I thought the recent show with Pridgen was MUCH stronger. (More to do with the material than who was on drums...they meandered a little too much last time around and the Bedlam songs really made for a better pace.)

Again, I think Jon's fantastic, but I enjoyed Pridgen every bit as much.

See, I am a huge Frances the Mute fan. When I saw them with Theodore, it was a 9 song, 2+ hour set, that featued all of Frances the Mute, and it was an amazing experience. I couldn't take my eyes off of Theodore playing. He was ridiculously good. The "meandering" you describe was probably happening, but for me, it was most welcome. When I saw them with Pridgen, the whole chemistry seemed off. The band as a whole didn't sound as good, and I was not nearly as impressed with Pridgen's playing as I was with Theodore's.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    this should be interesting...

a warmup writing session for the new rage album i hope
    sounds like it's going to be quite sparse, anyone heard anything from it yet? are these songs the ones that zack has been working since rage, or is this little venture quite a new thing?
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
    boroff89 wrote:
    See, I am a huge Frances the Mute fan. When I saw them with Theodore, it was a 9 song, 2+ hour set, that featued all of Frances the Mute, and it was an amazing experience. I couldn't take my eyes off of Theodore playing. He was ridiculously good. The "meandering" you describe was probably happening, but for me, it was most welcome. When I saw them with Pridgen, the whole chemistry seemed off. The band as a whole didn't sound as good, and I was not nearly as impressed with Pridgen's playing as I was with Theodore's.

Clearly we are just in different Mars Volta camps. I really like FTM, but put it just behind De-loused and Bedlam. I think we're talking about the same tours. The parts I found meandering were the electronic/spacy interludes between a couple of the songs. They seemed to go on waaaaaay too long and seemed really self-indulgent. The full-on performances of Cassandra Gemini, et al. were awesome.

What do you think of Bedlam?