Leeds/Reading 2008

Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
edited April 2008 in Other Music
Who will be going down to the festival's this year? I think I probably will if the line up is decent.

Line-up wish lists? Rumours? Discuss it here!
What the fuck is this world?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    I've already got my ticket for this year. Rumoured headliners are RATM, Metallica and The Killers.
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    I'll probably be going to Leeds if I can get tickets. Did you get your tickets last year, facepollution?
    muppet wrote:
    I'll probably be going to Leeds if I can get tickets. Did you get your tickets last year, facepollution?

Yeah I took a chance and bought one straight after last year's festival. I couldn't be bothered with that mad rush to try and get tickets again!
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    I might end up going for the sake of it. The lineup looks pretty uninspirational but I feel like going to loads of festivals this year (hopefully Wertcher, Lowlands & Reading), and Reading seems to be the easiest one to talk my friends into going to.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    I'm going purely to see Rage in the rightful spot as headliner....

wierd in that the last time I saw Rage at that same fest they were well down the bill, in fact underneath fucking slipknot.....they rocked the crowd for 50 mins, never said a word, and the rest of the day was bollocks in comparison, the whole fucking place was going off its tits.

To think they have released nothing since that festival (which was one of their last performances) and they are back 8 years on as headliner makes you wonder doesnt it??
  • If RATM are playing I'm there.
    pdalowsky wrote:
    I'm going purely to see Rage in the rightful spot as headliner....

wierd in that the last time I saw Rage at that same fest they were well down the bill, in fact underneath fucking slipknot.....they rocked the crowd for 50 mins, never said a word, and the rest of the day was bollocks in comparison, the whole fucking place was going off its tits.

To think they have released nothing since that festival (which was one of their last performances) and they are back 8 years on as headliner makes you wonder doesnt it??

I was there too, AWESOME performance. The crowd they pulled in was massive, they easily should have headlined.
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    Alright, who got tickets? I finally got some after an hour of madness. Leeds here I come.
  • phatuciniphatucini Posts: 399
    muppet wrote:
    Alright, who got tickets? I finally got some after an hour of madness. Leeds here I come.
    It's impossible to log on to any english ticketing site since 6pm. You can't even get onto nme.com just to look who'll be headlining. This is crazy!

edit:

Headliners: RATM, The Killers & Metallica
  • wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    Right, does anyone have a weekend ticket they can sell me? Cannot get any sense out of online sites or the phones.

They ought to sort out their servers!
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Managed to get a day ticket for the Friday. RATM! Woo!
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    It's been bad the last few years, but this year has been so much worse!
    First time I've tried for weekend ticket and not been able to (been to 4 out of the 5 last years, didn't go in 2004 cos the lineup sucked). I'm not too bothered since I'm not a massive fan of the lineup, seen everyone I want to see on the lineup except Rage and that'd be more out of curiosity than anything else, but I will miss not seeing the site this year (kinda pathetic innit?).

But I'll be going to Werchter and maybe Lowlands this year so that'll have to do for me :D
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • My3rdEyeMy3rdEye Posts: 927
    If you have the opportunity... GO! Just to see RATM! Saw them twice and they were the most intense shows I've ever been too! Complete madness!! Just AWESOME!!
  • Peter CPeter C Posts: 237
    Got my Friday ticket after about 5 hours of trying, if anyone needs a ticket go to seetickets.com, they have started selling them again.
    London 1996 Cardiff 2000 Paris 2006 and London 2007.
  • I have to say, if the rumours are true, they're good headliners and I'd really like to see Rage and The Killers. I've seen Metallica numerous times but it won't hurt seeing them again I guess :rolleyes: :p
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    I usually go to Leeds but for me the line up is really dissapointing.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • been the last 2 years to leeds and i usually only get about 4 bands that i like... and its still an awesome weekend

however this year i have 7 in the first announcement! so im looking forward to maybe getting a few more! can't wait for it - always have a great time at leeds festival.
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    do i spend a ridiculous amount of money to see metallica and RATM. Seen metallica twice and will i get a hit setlist for metallica?

Rage i wanna seee...

seen Qotsa before and seen manic street preachers 4 times.

Thats the onnly shit im really interested in

hmm
  • TerryibleTerryible Posts: 462
    I managed to get tickets for friday and saturday. i might have a spare one or two, depending on whether my mates want them.

It was chaos last night, but once i got the backdoor link it was not a problem
    26/02/1998 Wellington, 09/09/2006 Marseille, 16/09/2006 Verona
    23/09/2006 Berlin, 30/09/2006 Athens, 18/07/2007 London
    02/07/2009 Honolulu (EV Solo), 22/11/2009, Sydney, 29/11/2009 Christchurch
    Anyone know of a site (legit) that is still selling weekend tickets? Im desperate to get tickets.
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

wash_ wrote:
    Anyone know of a site (legit) that is still selling weekend tickets? Im desperate to get tickets.

Back on sale, go!

http://www.seetickets.com/readingandleeds/
    They're not. After filling in all details and hitting submit this message comes up

Sorry, there has been a problem with your order
    Reason - Please call 0871 230 0010 to check on availabilty(B1) (R3)

:(
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

• Rumoured headliners are RATM, Metallica and The Killers.

LOL

*Rev* *Rev* *Crash and burn*
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Got my Friday ticket after 3 hours of hitting refresh, and not wait to see RATM again and Biffy.
    Now debating whether i want to go Sunday as well!
    Umm...hitting refresh oover and over - remind you Ten Clubbers of anything?!!!
    London Nov 96, London May 00, Cardiff June 00, Las Vegas June 03, London April 06, Dublin Aug 06, Reading Aug 06, London June 07, New York x2 June 08, Manchester Aug 09, London August 09, London June 10, Manchester June 12, IOW June 12, EV London July 12, Milton Keynes June 14, EV London x2 June 17, London June 18, London July 18, EV London July 19, Hyde Park x 2 July 23 
    wash_ wrote:
    They're not. After filling in all details and hitting submit this message comes up

Sorry, there has been a problem with your order
    Reason - Please call 0871 230 0010 to check on availabilty(B1) (R3)

:(

Well the sale screen is back up, have you tried again? Or phoned them? The reason a lot go back on sale, is becasue a number of credit cards will be declined, because of lack of funds. So it's always worth looking out for them.
  • oh my god... I need to see Rage.... :o
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
    Well the sale screen is back up, have you tried again? Or phoned them? The reason a lot go back on sale, is becasue a number of credit cards will be declined, because of lack of funds. So it's always worth looking out for them.

They've taken the option off now. I heard reports that they sold out within an hour.

Ahhh...this sucks!!! Which day to go to now?! Have to go for Friday...but do I do others!

Ooh, I have a question...if I bought 3 day tickets, how easily would it be to sneak into the campsite and sleep in my friends tent (who have weekend tickets)?????
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

wash_ wrote:
    They've taken the option off now. I heard reports that they sold out within an hour.

Ahhh...this sucks!!! Which day to go to now?! Have to go for Friday...but do I do others!

Ooh, I have a question...if I bought 3 day tickets, how easily would it be to sneak into the campsite and sleep in my friends tent (who have weekend tickets)?????

Piece of piss. All you would need to do is go to the wristband exchnage each day to swap your day ticket for that day's different wrist band. There is no security stopping you going from the arena to the camp site. The only thing is, you probably wouldn't be able to get on to the site at all until the friday, as opposed to the thursday when most people get there.

They will put more back on sale though, you just need to check as often as you can. This happens every year - you just need to be on the look out.
    Piece of piss. All you would need to do is go to the wristband exchnage each day to swap your day ticket for that day's different wrist band. There is no security stopping you going from the arena to the camp site. The only thing is, you probably wouldn't be able to get on to the site at all until the friday, as opposed to the thursday when most people get there.

They will put more back on sale though, you just need to check as often as you can. This happens every year - you just need to be on the look out.

Cool, I didnt think there was security near campsite when I was there for PJ for the day.

Yeah, keeping eyes peeled for more tickets and if not then it'll be day tickets!
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

wash_ wrote:
    Cool, I didnt think there was security near campsite when I was there for PJ for the day.

Yeah, keeping eyes peeled for more tickets and if not then it'll be day tickets!

every time I go on seetickets the weekend tickets are still available!

https://www.wayahead-secure.co.uk/readingandleeds/price.asp?code=262573&filler1=see&filler2=multisee

I don't know what's going on!