The Next Big Thing - is there an underground movement getting ready to explode?

2»

Comments

• Matty BoyMatty Boy Posts: 421
    I don't know if we're ever going to see another larger than life rock band. A band with classic guitar riffs, solos, and larger than life characters. We really haven't had one since Guns N' Roses. I'm sure we'll see more Wolfmother's and Jet's though. Classic Rock bands are extinct and I don't think the future will come from a straight forward Rock N' Roll band. We sure could use "Chinese Democracy" right about now.

We'll probably never see rock music like this again unfortunately. http://youtube.com/watch?v=c9O82ydYL_c&feature=related
  • SoupySoupy Posts: 171
    I saw 6 bands live last year and The Arcade Fire were the 5th best.

The Tragically Hip, Muse & The Decemberists were all better by some way and Manics were also slightly better, only The Shins were worse.

I might have caught them on an off day admittedly but I can't imagine them doing their brand of theatrical proformance rock as well as The Decemberist to be honest.
  • Soupy wrote:
    I saw 6 bands live last year and The Arcade Fire were the 5th best.

The Tragically Hip, Muse & The Decemberists were all better by some way and Manics were also slightly better, only The Shins were worse.

I might have caught them on an off day admittedly but I can't imagine them doing their brand of theatrical proformance rock as well as The Decemberist to be honest.

Well the Muse kick ass. They had one of the best live shows I saw last year at the LA forum. Right after Rage at Rock the Bells and Coachella, and The Beastie Boys at Santa Barbara Bowl.
    10/31/2000 (****)
    6/7/2003 (***1/2)
    7/9/2006 (****1/2)
    7/13/2006 (**** )
    4/10/2008 EV Solo (****1/2)
    6/25/2008 MSG II (*****)
    10/1/2009 LA II (****)
    10/6/2009 LA III (***** Cornell!!!)
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    Well the Muse kick ass. They had one of the best live shows I saw last year at the LA forum. Right after Rage at Rock the Bells and Coachella, and The Beastie Boys at Santa Barbara Bowl.

I don't listen to much radio but I can't get past the Muse's singles. they're really bad. I also don't care too much for their lead singers mic stand. A little fruity looking. I've only heard amazing things about the Muse live show, however.....so
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”