My Chemical Romance

Dark DivisionDark Division Posts: 6
edited October 2007 in Other Music
Hi there folks. I saw this band at Reading last year and they are absolutely amazing live. Anyone else go to Reading last year and see them?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Yes. I have unfortuantely seen THAT BAND a few times now at festivals... I was one of the people attempting to throw bottles of piss at them everytime.
    Sorry I don't like them (can you tell? :p) but I can see why people do and they all seem to have fun watching them so it's all good :D
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Yes. I have unfortuantely seen THAT BAND a few times now at festivals... I was one of the people attempting to throw bottles of piss at them everytime.
    Sorry I don't like them (can you tell? :p) but I can see why people do and they all seem to have fun watching them so it's all good :D

You shouldn't throw piss at them, they are amazing. The singer is well hot as well. I think you deep down fancy him.
  • You shouldn't throw piss at them, they are amazing. The singer is well hot as well. I think you deep down fancy him.

No, no trust me, I dont! lol I think he looks like he has the AIDS.... I prefere my men a bit more manly.... and talented :p
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• No, no trust me, I dont! lol I think he looks like he has the AIDS.... I prefere my men a bit more manly.... and talented :p

He doesn't have aids. He is up there with Vedder and the singer from Fall out boy as proper hotties. I think Eddie looked right at me last year. I might marry all three.
  • He doesn't have aids. He is up there with Vedder and the singer from Fall out boy as proper hotties. I think Eddie looked right at me last year. I might marry all three.

Joking bout the Aids thing... :rolleyes:

• There was already a huge and rather contentious MCR thread here http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=254732&highlight=chemical+romance

Everyone preparing to rant about how much MCR sucks, there you go. It's been covered. Move on.
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.
  • He doesn't have aids. He is up there with Vedder and the singer from Fall out boy as proper hotties. I think Eddie looked right at me last year. I might marry all three.

oh piss
  • boroff89 wrote:
    There was already a huge and rather contentious MCR thread here http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=254732&highlight=chemical+romance

Everyone preparing to rant about how much MCR sucks, there you go. It's been covered. Move on.

don't worry about it boroff89 I work with this guy, infact he's sat opposite me, this was a wind up.... his name is Chris and he's a prick :p

• don't worry about it boroff89 I work with this guy, infact he's sat opposite me, this was a wind up.... his name is Chris and he's a prick :p

Get the coffee's in Carters.
  • See what I mean... knob jockey.

• Duder5kDuder5k Posts: 278
    Its quite entertaining seeing them get bottled off the stage. Other than that, they completely suck.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,851
    AWFUL

unlistenable

nice eyeliner though
  • is she serious?

1. does she honestly think alot of us like them? there are a few but c'mon
    2. she likes them cuz they're "hot"
    3. she thinks eddie looked at her

maybe if your hot OK.......whatever i'm done
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,836
    Hi there folks. I saw this band at Reading last year and they are absolutely amazing live. Anyone else go to Reading last year and see them?

i'm not one of those people that hate this band. i think the black parade was a descent album, that's all i'll give it because it was nothing special, but certainly not horrible. that said, to say they are absolutely amazing live i would think would be a bit of a stretch. i've never seen them live, but i've seen them live on tv on numerous performances and what i saw they were absolutely horrible. and horrible beyond the point where you could claim they were just having an off night. the singer can't sing, and the band isn't very tight either. so there you go, they are an alright studio band at best. in my opinion at least.
  • Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279
    horrendous group, really awful. in 5 years time, people will be asking who the hell MCR are! i'd love to get the chance to hurl a few bottles of piss at them, although that would mean having to go and actually see them, so i'm not sure if it would be worth that kind of sacrifice!

although each to their own, so if people enjoy them then let them. no point in judging others too much,life's to short!!
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • i'm not one of those people that hate this band. i think the black parade was a descent album, that's all i'll give it because it was nothing special, but certainly not horrible. that said, to say they are absolutely amazing live i would think would be a bit of a stretch. i've never seen them live, but i've seen them live on tv on numerous performances and what i saw they were absolutely horrible. and horrible beyond the point where you could claim they were just having an off night. the singer can't sing, and the band isn't very tight either. so there you go, they are an alright studio band at best. in my opinion at least.

As I said in the other thread, I think they are a decent band who do a lot of good for a lot of people. That being said, I have seen them live twice, and they (specifically lead singer Gerard Way) are incredibly irritating. It's like he has some kind of bet with someone about how many times he can say "fuck" in one show. It gets really old.
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,836
    boroff89 wrote:
    As I said in the other thread, I think they are a decent band who do a lot of good for a lot of people. That being said, I have seen them live twice, and they (specifically lead singer Gerard Way) are incredibly irritating. It's like he has some kind of bet with someone about how many times he can say "fuck" in one show. It gets really old.

thanks for reiterating what i just said
  • i absolutely despise "MCR" and think everything they have done done is a pile of crap. They are everything that is wrong with the music industry nowadays. No musical talent band that just creates videos to get their eye-liner faces all over MTV. They are the prototypical band in todays world that becomes famous because of how they look and because girls think the singer is "hot."
    http://mastersofourdomain.blogspot.com/

My Movie/Music Reviews & Sports Blog
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    boroff89 wrote:

It doesn't irritate me, but you're right - he does say fuck a lot. He definitely beats Ed in this.

I've seen them 3x because my daughter likes them - its 'her' band rather than mine - I don't listen to their music outside of seeing the shows, but I thought the shows were good. They do like their pyros.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279
    i absolutely despise "MCR" and think everything they have done done is a pile of crap. They are everything that is wrong with the music industry nowadays. No musical talent band that just creates videos to get their eye-liner faces all over MTV. They are the prototypical band in todays world that becomes famous because of how they look and because girls think the singer is "hot."

THANK YOU! I couldnt agree more!
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Saw them at Oxegen this year and they were great.I wouldn't say they are everything that is wrong with music nowadays,I think that honour goes to Panic at the Disco,Nickelback and Razorlight.I think people should spend a little more time talking about the good bands of today (Interpol,The Strokes,Kings Of Leon,White Stripes etc.) and a little less time bitching about popular bands because every decade has its shit music.
    It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
    But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • It aint horrible music. I mean, it's better than Nickelback, but to say they are an amazing live band is rubbish. The singer does nothing but badly scream most of their songs. I would hate to be the guys producing/mastering their records with that voice.
  • Oh Chris, you are a naughty boy!

See what you've gone and done now.....
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • worst band ever

also, so hypocritical. saw a headline the other day on nme.com "My Chemical Romance brand emo "shit" "

duh!
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • lol. This has been covered a couple of times before.

For the person discussing their live performance, they are actually a pretty solid live band. I've seen the tv specials done last year or so and it was pretty bad, but both times I've seen them this year they sounded great. And the whole thing with people complaining about it being emo and depressing or whatever is getting old. If you go to a show, if anything you'd probably think they border on glam rock or something, it's very theatrical.

lol @ the person above who mentioned the nme headline. Are you going to be taking pitchfork and other hipsters seriously next?
  • I still laugh about that Reading gig to this day.

MCR: They got them a Big Wave... of bottles of piss!
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Honestly, I've heard these guys are the "It" band right now but I hardly heard any of their songs on the radio at all.

I think saw one of their videos awhile back called "Helena," where it had a funeral theme. But based on what i've read, they seem like another one of those 'emo' shit bands.

i think it's a good thing i don't their music at all.

I'm not sure if Jimmy Eat World is an emo band, but I do like them.
    I hope i'm not the only one here who likes JEW.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • LongRd. wrote:
    Honestly, I've heard these guys are the "It" band right now but I hardly heard any of their songs on the radio at all.

I think saw one of their videos awhile back called "Helena," where it had a funeral theme. But based on what i've read, they seem like another one of those 'emo' shit bands.

i think it's a good thing i don't their music at all.

I'm not sure if Jimmy Eat World is an emo band, but I do like them.
    I hope i'm not the only one here who likes JEW.

JEW are probably my favourite band of the decade.Bleed American's my second favourite album ever(Yield's my favourite).
    They don't really count as emo in the way people say it now because they came along before the whole wearing mascara and dressing like a girl thing which is what emo is now.Their first album came out in 1996 and they dress and sound like a regular band so I don't think they deserve the emo tag.
    Their new song's great by the way.
    It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
    But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Look what you've done MILBURN!!!

THIS THREAD IS A WIND UP FOR ME.... the guy's a piss taker... I can't believe he signed into here just to wind me up... proud I didn't bite for once! :D It does worry me that he went to all this trouble just to annoy me though...