Remember These Timeless 80's Hair Bands?

2»

Comments

• BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    greenmind wrote:
    i'm not talking about what g'n'r were between 92-02, i'm just talking about the attitude towards them and all of their music held by people during the period 92-02...

all those prog bands didn't become fashionable again after punk, so i'm just confused as to how a band like g'n'r became fashionable again after 'grunge'/'alternative' and being so derided. like when i was 14 in high school in 1994, admitting you liked g'n'r was kinda like admitting you liked bon jovi...

axl's homophobia seems reflective of his general attitude/persona as expressed in all of his music that i've heard.

Undoubtably, Axl left a bad taste in alot of peoples mouths with his post-Appetite shenanigans, but even during my "indier than thou" phase I would throw on Appetite to kick the party up a few notches. When it comes down to it, its not about coming back into fashion, its about a great fucking rock record, and in my book that will always win out.
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • Matty BoyMatty Boy Posts: 421
    greenmind wrote:
    i'm not talking about what g'n'r were between 92-02, i'm just talking about the attitude towards them and all of their music held by people during the period 92-02...

all those prog bands didn't become fashionable again after punk, so i'm just confused as to how a band like g'n'r became fashionable again after 'grunge'/'alternative' and being so derided. like when i was 14 in high school in 1994, admitting you liked g'n'r was kinda like admitting you liked bon jovi...

axl's homophobia seems reflective of his general attitude/persona as expressed in all of his music that i've heard.

None of what you said is true. You may not like Axl, fair enough, neither did Kurt Cobain. A lot of people now correctly recognize that GNR was the last superstar band. They were the Led Zeppelin of 87-92. GNR transcended grunge like Zep and Floyd transcended punk. It's too bad the imploded but grunge wasn't the cause of their implosion.

Axl's homophobia is a myth too. One In A Million is Axl singing from a small town characters point of view. The guy is friends with Elton John and he was a huge Freddie Mercury fan as well. http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ahn3-0mYBuc
  • gnr and aerosmith are NOT hair metal. not even close
    Whats got the whole world faking?
  • gnr and aerosmith are NOT hair metal. not even close

They both still suck IMO.
  • Matty BoyMatty Boy Posts: 421
    I don't know how you couldn't like this unless you just don't like real rock n roll.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXzr5Ip4vP0&NR=1
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=d1wmwud1DXQ

Best band ever right there.
  • Matty Boy wrote:
    I don't know how you couldn't like this unless you just don't like real rock n roll.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXzr5Ip4vP0&NR=1
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=d1wmwud1DXQ

Best band ever right there.

agreed. best band ever. I love those versions too. you're crazy has a cool funky beat to it that i like in that performance...just wish he coulda swore, the "fuck" just ties the song together...like the carpet in the dude's house.
    Whats got the whole world faking?
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    I'm going to see Motley Crue this summer..........
  • NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
    How can you lump Aerosmith as an 80's Hair Band? their best music was done in the 70's... they went mainstream in the 80's... Check out Toys in the Attic and Draw the Line... two of the most amazing Aerosmith albums ever!!

i think they did their shittiest work in the 80's and 90's after they came out of rehab...

Dont get me wrong...im still a fan...but a fan of their olders stuff...
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
    "the waiting drove me mad..."
  • 75Tammy7575Tammy75 Posts: 18
    I graduated high school in 86. I think the bands I saw my senoir year were Van Halen (not Hager), Ratt (3X), Bon Jovi(opening up for Ratt and ZZTop), Motley Crue, ZZTop, Def (although I saw them the first time when they opened for Billy Squire and the drummer had 2 arms) and the Scorpions 2X. Those were HAIR BANDS!

I remember going to the beach after graduation and sitting on the motel balcony listening to Rock you like a Hurricane and watching a HUGE storm brew over the ocean. Good times. Wished I remembered them better now--LOL!
  • AzwethinkweizAzwethinkweiz Posts: 547
    Mötley Crüe OWNS that list.