Led Zeppelin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

covered in blisscovered in bliss Posts: 1,332
edited November 2007 in Other Music
I think I like LZ more than Pearl Jam. :horror: If there was a LZ message board, I would post it there and not here. :D

What are your favorites?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• The one where the band isn't playing.
  • The one where the band isn't playing.

So Robert Plant has done better with Strange Sensation?
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    So Robert Plant has done better with Strange Sensation?

mighty rearranger is such a brilliant album!!!!!!
    the man almost got better with old age
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • glasshouse wrote:

why do you say 'almost'?

I ask with sincerity, I'm not being a smart-ass.

Do Pearl Jam fans hate Led Zeppelin or something? I started a thread a while back about the Stones... that one had a positive reaction. I would assume LZ would be met with the same enthusiasm?? I assume...
  • I think I like LZ more than Pearl Jam. :horror: If there was a LZ message board, I would post it there and not here. :D

What are your favorites?

Their new web site is up and there is a forum.

Knock yourself out!!
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
    why do you say 'almost'?

because Plant was a god back in the day - still is. i'm not being sarcastic, i think mighty rearranger is a stunning album. can't wait to get raising sand

i love the mighty Led Zep, and so does more or less 85% of this forum

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • HebejebeHebejebe Posts: 108
    why do you say 'almost'?

Do Pearl Jam fans hate Led Zeppelin or something? I started a thread a while back about the Stones... that one had a positive reaction. I would assume LZ would be met with the same enthusiasm?? I assume...
    Well I certainly don't hate Led Zep, I love them been a massive fan since my early teens. I've been listening to them loads again recently, one band I'll never tire of.
  • Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279
    Led Zeppelin rule all! :D
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    glasshouse wrote:
    the first time I heard mighty rearranger, I was i ncar with friends. I had never heard of this album. I immediately said "what the hell is that stuff ? that's too good...".
    I thought itw was something from a new band. When my firend told me it was Plant's solo album, I was very impressed.
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    hmm

they arn't that good...
    I BrisK I wrote:
    they arn't that good...

exactly, they're better than that

• I just got an email offering me tickets to the London show.
    Don't know if I can afford it though.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
    I just got an email offering me tickets to the London show.

sell your house mate

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    I BrisK I wrote:
    hmm

they arn't that good...

but you like Blind Melon and AIC...

i rest my case.

plus you're very young.... you'll learn eventually... all of the bands you like owe a debt to Led Zep.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • glasshouse wrote:
    sell your house mate

Hmmm.
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

• Hmmm.

Were the tickets offered from a mate or are they still offering up anymore??
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Were the tickets offered from a mate or are they still offering up anymore??

They are from the official tribute site.

• Zep are tied with Hendrix for greatest of all time in my opinion. There has never been and probably never again will be such a mighty combination of rock musicians. Led Zeppelin II is the reason I started playing guitar. I still remember listening to that album for the first time and thinking "I've gotta learn to do that."

I think Physical Graffiti is their best album. It's so fucking diverse, yet still totally cohesive. A double album with very little filler.
  • They are from the official tribute site.

Take them.

I'd give my left nut for those tickets.

edit- spelling
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Take them.

edit- spelling

I am thinking about it, but it would mean taking time from work, travelling to london, accomodation for the night plus the price of the tickets on top of that. It's all very short notice.

• There is a Led Zeppeling message board. forums.ledzeppelin.com
    Things change. They wont change unless you make them. The best way to change something you don't like, is to change yourself. So if you feel like you have a piece of duct tape on your mouth and you can't escape, take it off, speak up, speak your mind, shout it out, let 'em hear ya! -EV
  • I am thinking about it, but it would mean taking time from work, travelling to london, accomodation for the night plus the price of the tickets on top of that. It's all very short notice.

Do it.

YOu won't regret it. Im sure its a one in a lifetime.

If not, give 'em to me!!!
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Take them.

do you value your right nut more? :confused:

;):p
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • dunkman wrote:
    do you value your right nut more? :confused:

;):p

No but I was told it looks nicer. But, its not all about the looks now is it??

Anyway.... moving on
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    I think I like LZ more than Pearl Jam. :horror: If there was a LZ message board, I would post it there and not here. :D

You should like Zeppelin more than Pearl Jam.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • I just got an email offering me tickets to the London show.
    Ha, me too. I thought about it all day then bought the tickets. There goes my bank balance though...
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117

What are your favorites?
    Well, I can say for myself that before there ever was Pearl Jam, there was always a Led Zeppelin!!!

To me, there is Led Zeppelin and The Beatles. And then there is Pearl Jam. In that order. When Pearl Jam retires (and only then) will they reach the legendary status (in my mind) that Led Zeppelin & The Beatles enjoy. And that is fine, because to me there is a still playing category and a not playing anymore category. PJ is at the very top of the still playing category and LZ and the Beatles are at the very top of the not playing anymore category.

No, this reunion tour of Zeppelin's does not change the category they are in.
  • aNiMaL wrote:
    PJ is at the very top of the still playing category and LZ and the Beatles are at the very top of the not playing anymore category.
    what he said!

and sorry if this was already posted http://news.yahoo.com/s/launch/20071121/en_launch/52007696

"However, speaking about their reunion on December 10, guitarist Jimmy Page has revealed the band will play one of their songs live for the first time ever."

say whaaaaa?? :eek:

*passing out* THUD!
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i just put on side one of song remains the same - on vinyl.........:)
  • cutback wrote:
    i just put on side one of song remains the same - on vinyl.........:)
    mmmmmm niiiiice