Options

Mike on new album, boots and Jack White.

danedane Posts: 1,062
edited May 2008 in The Porch
Couldn't find this anywhere else, so here goes.
From Billboard.com

Pearl Jam Plans To Let New Songs 'Grow Up'

Mike McCready

May 15, 2008, 6:15 PM ET

Gary Graff, Detroit
Pearl Jam has gotten a start on its next album, but it's still in "its very infant stages" according to guitarist Mike McCready.

"We've had one session of writing and it has yielded ... about five ideas so far," McCready told Billboard.com during a conference call with reporters about this year's Bonnaroo Music Festival, which Pearl Jam will headline on June 14. "Some of it's kind of poppy and some of it's a little hard. We want it to grow up a little bit. We have to revisit it a few times."

Pearl Jam is working on the album, the follow-up to 2006's "Pearl Jam," with longtime associate Brendan O'Brien. And though the band is known for previewing new and unrecorded material at its shows, McCready says that's unlikely to happen on Pearl Jam's upcoming North American tour.

"We might get into some sort of jam," the guitarist said. "We have about 200 songs to pull from, so we'll do that and maybe do some obscure B-sides. For new stuff, I don't know if we have it refined enough to want to play it in front of an audience yet. We don't want to hack in front of everybody."

Nevertheless, McCready said Pearl Jam is looking forward to its first visit to Bonnaroo, where drummer Matt Cameron will also be performing a jazz set. "I think it's a perfect fit," McCready said. "We try to keep everything as in-house and small and as punk rock and do-it-yourself as we can. That's part of our way of doing business. That fits right in with how Bonnaroo is doing theirs."

As for jamming with other acts at the festival, McCready said that "if we run into somebody, 'Hey, you want to come up and jam?,' that's kind of how our band works." But he's hoping to run into one person in particular.

"I'd love to have Jack White up," McCready said. "I think he's just a phenomenal guitar player. I'd love to see him play up close ... because he's got a killer voice and he's a great lead player, too. That would be exciting to me."

McCready also said that Pearl Jam plans to continue making live recordings available to fans from its upcoming tour -- which starts June 11 in West Palm Beach, Fla. -- but isn't sure what form that will take yet.

Allready knew that they had new songs, but that they were planning on releasing new boots was new and that's fantastic!
And how about that jam with Jack White?! That would be unbelievable!
Roskilde 30-06-00
Berlin 23-09-06
Copenhagen 26-06-07
:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
"This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    Covered in depth last week.
  • Options
    TrAvELAr wrote:
    Covered in depth last week.

You mean in the "New billboard interview with Mike" thread? ;)

Sorry, I'll try opening my eyes next time I do a search........
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    given2fly7given2fly7 Posts: 13
    No offense, but 1500+ posts and you think an article, any article, on Pearl Jam would go a week without being noticed on this board?
  • Options
    given2fly7 wrote:
    No offense, but 1500+ posts and you think an article, any article, on Pearl Jam would go a week without being noticed on this board?

Non taken. And after seeing the date on the article and doing a proper search, I feel more and more imbarased(SP?)
    Once again I'm sorry and I'll try not to post old news again. Can't promise though......
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Thanks to the orginal poster. I don't come on the porch 24/7 and i did not see it so you may get some flames from others but some good info there and i apprecaite it.

i wonder who matt is doing his jazz set with. As a jazz fan i'd be very interested to hear him perform.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    Thanks to the orginal poster. I don't come on the porch 24/7 and i did not see it so you may get some flames from others but some good info there and i apprecaite it.

i wonder who matt is doing his jazz set with. As a jazz fan i'd be very interested to hear him perform.

Well, you're welcome! The boots and this jazz thing was news to me too. I'm not really into jazz, but I bet that Matt would be a killer jazz drummer!
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    I was out last week, so this is the first I've seen it. Thanks for posting.
  • Options
    BEnglish017BEnglish017 Posts: 455
    yeah thanks, i hadn't seen it either. the pit isn't really my whole life sitting here waiting for new pearl jam news. i don't mind reposts b/c it gives me a chance to catch stuff the 2nd time. i don't go back through pages of stuff i have missed.
    Lexington 4.21.03, Chicago 5.16.06, Cincinnati 6.24.06, Lollapalooza 8.5.07, Virginia Beach 6.17.08, Camden 6.19.08, Camden 6.20.08, East Troy (PJ20) 9.3.11, East Troy (PJ20) 9.4.11, Wrigley 7.19.13, Pittsburgh 10.11.13, Cincinnati 10.1.14, Lexington 4.26.16, Wrigley 8.20.16, Wrigley 8.22.16, Wrigley 8.18.18, Wrigley 8.20.2018, Fenway 9.4.18, New York 3.30.20, Nashville 4.2.20, St. Louis 4.4.20, Bourbon & Beyond 9.17.22, Indianapolis 9.10.2023
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    gotta say I missed it too and I spend a lot of time here!!!

Boots???? whhooooo hooooo

they really need to get the 07 ones on too.....but please lets have the original Cds again and no shitty downloads....
  • Options
    Brain Of EBrain Of E Posts: 499
    this is news to me!!!! that would be cool if they run into Jack White.
    Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,106
    Did they ever explain why boots from the 07 tour never was realesed?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    I'd never read it either and i have fucking millions of posts. ;)

cheers :):)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    thank-you, missed the other thread as well
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    TheLostSoulTheLostSoul Posts: 773
    thanks for posting this.
    I miss you hippiemom.
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    dane wrote:
    You mean in the "New billboard interview with Mike" thread? ;)

Sorry, I'll try opening my eyes next time I do a search........

Haha.. that's the one. :D It's all good tho.
  • Options
    elevation622elevation622 Posts: 926
    Shit, good news? Post it a million times. keep posting it!
  • Options
    citizen_drewcitizen_drew Posts: 170
    After seeing Jack White play saturday night that idea sounds even better
    hmmm, I've never been to Tennessee before...
  • Options
    the white stripes are horrible live... imo, of course. saw 'em at the greek a few years back and they really couldn't fill that place up sound-wise.... ultimate garage band, and that's not a coompliment.... horrible sound... they are very produced for thinking they're not.