Mad Season

2»

Comments

• PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    THANK YOU!! I'd also like to say that Mad Season was incredible. Wasn't there an unconfirmed rumor floating around at one point that the guys (obviously without Layne) wanted to do a second Mad Season album with Lanegan on lead vox?? I know it's not the same with out good ol' Layne, but you have to admit that an album with Lanegan on vox would be golden as well. Hell, everything that man touches turns to gold. Unlike Cornell these days...don't get me started there.

Funny you say that. I was listening to TOTD yesterday thinking I wonder if Cornell has listened to what he USED to be capable of. I said for a long time Cornell was my favorite singer next to Ed. I think that title goes to Lanegan now. I just can't get enough of him and I think we're getting a little too much of Cornell.
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,141
    Cool, thanks for the info man! I wish someday they'll be able to do another Mad Seasonish type project, no matter what they call themselves. Doesn't appear it will be anytime soon with PJ touring/working on new album and with Lanegan doing the Isobel and Gutter Twins gigs...AND HOPEFULLY working a new solo album in the near future. I need that big time, a new solo is long over due!
    No problem. Yeah, after Layne Staley declined to make another album, it just went all downhill. In 1998, Mike McCready was busy with Yield and touring, Mark Lanegan had a solo record coming out, Barrett Martin had albums with Tuatara and REM, and unfortunately John Baker Saunders was struggling with some drug problems that would eventually cause him to od on heroin in January of 1999. Saunders' death basically stopped any more work as Mad Season/Disinformation. I doubt there will be any more collaborations, but you never know.
  • OffHeGoes132OffHeGoes132 Posts: 594
    PJGARDEN wrote:
    Funny you say that. I was listening to TOTD yesterday thinking I wonder if Cornell has listened to what he USED to be capable of. I said for a long time Cornell was my favorite singer next to Ed. I think that title goes to Lanegan now. I just can't get enough of him and I think we're getting a little too much of Cornell.

Agreed, kick ass signature by the way.....Field Songs is masterful. I think Cornells voice has improved dramatically over the last year but his songwriting and creative skills seemed to have gone to hell. I mean working with Timbaland?? Come on. Lanegan and Ed are definitely 2 of my favs; however, I must say that Cornell's extraordinary work with SG and TOTD and on EM will always make him one of the tops in my book, no matter what kind of shit he puts out presently.

I was marveled by the greatness of I'm Above the other day, so simple yet so kick ass at the same time, hard to explain. Barrett Martin was kick ass drummer by the way. I loved his sound with the Trees. Pickeral was great too. The Trees were always SO underrated. Alright, starting to ramble.