Mad Season

glbglb Posts: 356
edited June 2008 in Other Music
Fortunately (and unfortunately it took so long) I have just been introduced to Mad Season in the past few months. Wholy shit, what a group of 7 or 8 great songs. Artificial Red caught me right away. No doubt River of Deceit, Long Gone Day..... amazing. November Hotel.... fuck me in the ass, let McCready play that shit as a tag (not the whole song..... I mean unless that's what they want to do). Art Red was just instant though. What's ya'lls fav? I spent about 3 weeks just blaring these guys everywhere.
"I've got things to do and things to say in my own way..."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    I usually listen to Above after Jar of Flies they work great together. Makes me wished Layne could have written more tunes instead of self-destructing. :(
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • journeymanjourneyman Posts: 135
    I came across this LP late as well. Wake Up is a sweet one. Shit it's all good.
    McCready really is a God. And why does his last name, when spelled on a pearl jam forum says it's misspelled?

btw I misspelled misspelled, so.....
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    glb wrote:
    November Hotel.... let McCready play that shit as a tag
    THAT would be the greatest addition to a show EVER!!! ok, besides him jammin up there with PETER FRAMPTON!!!

Madd Season= DEFINITE greatness.
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i'm a big fan of Wake Up, November Hotel, All Alone, Long Gone Day, and X-Ray Mind.

oh, make sure all you guys have their cover of I Don't Wanna Be A Soldier from the Working Class Hero Lennon tribute. essential!
  • Since 91Since 91 Posts: 57
    Check out the June issue of (Seattle) Sound Magazine for an interview I did--still jazzed about that!--with Mike about Above.

What couldn't really be conveyed in the article is listening to Mike hum songs from the record and talk about playing them. It was an amazing experience--hopefully those who read the piece get a hint of that feeling.

It may show up on the magazine's site at some point, too: http://www.seattlesoundmag.com/

Clint
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    glb wrote:
    Fortunately (and unfortunately it took so long) I have just been introduced to Mad Season in the past few months. Wholy shit, what a group of 7 or 8 great songs. Artificial Red caught me right away. No doubt River of Deceit, Long Gone Day..... amazing. November Hotel.... fuck me in the ass, let McCready play that shit as a tag (not the whole song..... I mean unless that's what they want to do). Art Red was just instant though. What's ya'lls fav? I spent about 3 weeks just blaring these guys everywhere.

they should reunite!!!! oh wait laynes dead....and so is the bassist.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    River of Deceit is one of my favourite songs ever.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Such an incredible group of musicians and songs. Wake Up is beyond incredible.
  • hguz73hguz73 Posts: 245
    River of Deceit is just breath taking, other album favs : Wake Up, Long Gone Dead, I'm Above, X-Ray Mind...hell of an album
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    glb wrote:
    wake up- especially the solo makes that album worth buying alone. Classic album all the way through though. :D
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    Since '91 wrote:
    Check out the June issue of (Seattle) Sound Magazine for an interview I did--still jazzed about that!--with Mike about Above.

What couldn't really be conveyed in the article is listening to Mike hum songs from the record and talk about playing them. It was an amazing experience--hopefully those who read the piece get a hint of that feeling.

It may show up on the magazine's site at some point, too: http://www.seattlesoundmag.com/

Clint

Wow. Can't believe you got to interview Mike and to talk to him about Mad Season is amazing!!!!! Any chance you someone could post a link to the interview when it does show up???
  • Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749
    Crazy good album, one of my fav's. November Hotel is Mike's shinning moment on ANY album.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    river of deciety or long gone day ;p
  • Since 91Since 91 Posts: 57
    PJGARDEN wrote:
    Any chance you someone could post a link to the interview when it does show up???

I'll try to be on top of that!

And yeah--I'm always going to be grateful for the opportunity.
  • MohabMohab Posts: 310
    i reccomend the dvd live at the moore theater
  • Grunge100Grunge100 Posts: 178
    Mohab wrote:

+1, I have that concert on my zune, and it's great. Mark Lanigan from The Screaming Trees really has a good voice, and of course LAYNE sounds great.
    Light green to green, dark green, brown..
    Every life is falling down
    Brown to black, it's coming back
    Dies to be part of the ground
    Seed to seedling, root to stem
    Mohab wrote:

Where can I get this. I knew it was out there but I haven't seen it. I have an mp3 of the show but would kill the DVD. What a great show.
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    It doesn't get any better than River Of Deceit, the guitar and vocals are incredible.
  • Im Above and X-Ray Mind are the best Mad Season songs IMO.
    2006: Albany
    2008: MSG I, MSG II, Newark(EV)
    2009: Albany 1-2(EV), Philly 3
    2010: Boston, MSG I
    2013: Buffalo, Brooklyn II, Hartford
    2016: MSG 1, MSG II, Fenway 1
  • snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    mad season is so fucking amazing. what a group and what an album.
  • PJGARDEN wrote:
    Where can I get this. I knew it was out there but I haven't seen it. I have an mp3 of the show but would kill the DVD. What a great show.
    Woah, upload the mp3 please? I've been looking for that for ages!
    Woah, upload the mp3 please? I've been looking for that for ages!

I'm out of town right now but I will do it as soon as I get back.
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,365
    PJGARDEN wrote:
    i would like it as well!

thanks in advance
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,141
    What an amazing band. Mad Season was a great outlet for every musician in the band to make good music outside of their main projects. While the product was great, it's a shame that they were only able to record one full length album.
  • PJGARDEN wrote:
    Thanks!
    Here you go guys!!! Enjoy!

https://download.yousendit.com/21801D40537CF58F

Now can anyone help me out with the DVD :)
  • PJGARDEN wrote:

LEGEND! Thanks buddy!
  • OffHeGoes132OffHeGoes132 Posts: 594
    PJGARDEN wrote:

THANK YOU!! I'd also like to say that Mad Season was incredible. Wasn't there an unconfirmed rumor floating around at one point that the guys (obviously without Layne) wanted to do a second Mad Season album with Lanegan on lead vox?? I know it's not the same with out good ol' Layne, but you have to admit that an album with Lanegan on vox would be golden as well. Hell, everything that man touches turns to gold. Unlike Cornell these days...don't get me started there.
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,141
    THANK YOU!! I'd also like to say that Mad Season was incredible. Wasn't there an unconfirmed rumor floating around at one point that the guys (obviously without Layne) wanted to do a second Mad Season album with Lanegan on lead vox?? I know it's not the same with out good ol' Layne, but you have to admit that an album with Lanegan on vox would be golden as well. Hell, everything that man touches turns to gold. Unlike Cornell these days...don't get me started there.
    From what I know and have read, it was more than a rumor going around about it. It seems that around 1998/1999 that they did try to get Lanegan to take over for lead vocals and that they would change the name of the band to Disinformation. However, they all had too much going on elsewhere and couldn't ever get together to write/record new material.
  • OffHeGoes132OffHeGoes132 Posts: 594
    From what I know and have read, it was more than a rumor going around about it. It seems that around 1998/1999 that they did try to get Lanegan to take over for lead vocals and that they would change the name of the band to Disinformation. However, they all had too much going on elsewhere and couldn't ever get together to write/record new material.

Cool, thanks for the info man! I wish someday they'll be able to do another Mad Seasonish type project, no matter what they call themselves. Doesn't appear it will be anytime soon with PJ touring/working on new album and with Lanegan doing the Isobel and Gutter Twins gigs...AND HOPEFULLY working a new solo album in the near future. I need that big time, a new solo is long over due!