Seether- live?

LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
edited January 2008 in Other Music
I saw Seether a few years ago live and they flat out sucked! It may had been the small venue that they played at, but I've seen other shows there and I had no complaints. When their live album came out and they covered a PJ song, I gave them another chance. They are coming back to play at the same small venue in November and I can't decide if I should go and see them.

Has anyone seen them recently?
www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
1998: Birmingham
2000: Charlotte, Tampa
2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
2004: Kissimmee
2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
2010: MSG2
2012: Music Midtown
2014: Memphis
2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
2022: Nashville
2023: Ft. Worth II
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Fortunately I have not.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    I dodged a bullet by not giving them a seconds worth of my time.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Fortunately I have not.

So you think that it was the band and not the venue? I understand. Thanks!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    Saw them open for Audio Slave a couple of years ago at GM Place and enjoyed the few songs I saw them play.....At the end they did a tribute to Kurt and Layne and played Nirvana's On a Plane and absolutely nailed it...could have sworn it was Kurt him self playing it!

Since then the singers been through rehab so I'm not sure how they are sounding these days.
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    I love them...they're coming here in a few weeks, and I plan on going. supposedly the guy has cleaned up a little (rehab)...so I'd recommend giving them another chance live.
    "It's all happening"
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    LukinFan wrote:
    I sae Seether a few years ago live and they flat out sucked! It may had been the small venue that they played at, but I've seen other shows there and I had no complaints. When their live album came out and they covered a PJ song, I gave them another chance. They are coming back to play at the same small venue in November and I can't decide if I should go and see them.

Has anyone seen them recently?

they are terrible... the first time wasn't bad enough now you wanna see them butcher a pj song? lol.. just my 2 cents... dont go
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • LukinFan wrote:
    So you think that it was the band and not the venue? I understand. Thanks!

After thinking about this for a few seconds I figured that it could very well have been the venue but in all likelihood it was probably the fact the Seether is not very good t all.
  • leafs4everleafs4ever Posts: 833
    Hawkshore wrote:
    Saw them open for Audio Slave a couple of years ago at GM Place and enjoyed the few songs I saw them play.....At the end they did a tribute to Kurt and Layne and played Nirvana's On a Plane and absolutely nailed it...could have sworn it was Kurt him self playing it!

Since then the singers been through rehab so I'm not sure how they are sounding these days.

Ya i saw them the same tour opening for Audioslave, only it was in Toronto and they covered Drain You (if i remember correctly). Their show itself was not bad at all to be honest, and the cover of drain you was dead on aswell. And it's really hard for me to say that since nirvana is my favourite band of all time.
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
    09/19/05, 05/09/06, 05/10/06
  • Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    bharQ wrote:
    they are terrible... the first time wasn't bad enough now you wanna see them butcher a pj song? lol.. just my 2 cents... dont go

you apparently haven't heard that version of Immortality on their live album...it was solid.
    "It's all happening"
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    you apparently haven't heard that version of Immortality on their live album...it was solid.

i just dont see anything solid about a band who's shining moment is a lacking cover
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
    This is what got me to give them another chance- great cover and great Live Album!

They are like PJ, they sound better live (on CD) than on studio albums.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    leafs4ever wrote:
    Ya i saw them the same tour opening for Audioslave, only it was in Toronto and they covered Drain You (if i remember correctly). Their show itself was not bad at all to be honest, and the cover of drain you was dead on aswell. And it's really hard for me to say that since nirvana is my favourite band of all time.

The reason they nailed the Nirvana covers is because they base their entire career on trying to sound like Nirvana. They probably started out as a Nirvana cover band.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    They were probably sittin around at practice one day and thought up a scheme. They figured Nirvana could hit it big with their sound, so why not steal it.

What's the deal with all the popular "rock" bands. Seether/Nirvana, Godsmack/AIC, Nickelback/douchbags.
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    They were probably sittin around at practice one day and thought up a scheme. They figured Nirvana could hit it big with their sound, so why not steal it.

What's the deal with all the popular "rock" bands. Seether/Nirvana, Godsmack/AIC, Nickelback/douchbags.

I was about to say the samething. How many bands out there sound like PJ, Nirvana, Soundgarden...- tons! But I'd rather see someone like Seether before I go see Nickelcrack. Damn they suck!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• releesemereleeseme Posts: 387
    I have seen them a couple of times. They were not too bad. The first time I saw them they played Nirvana You Know You're Right to close the show, and it was real weird how much it sounded like Nirvana. I remember feeling real good after hearing that song. I would give them a second chance. Their music is not that bad. Tied My Hands on their live album is a fukin great song.
    8-20-92 \ 6-16-08
    10-4-96 \ 5-6-10
    9-6-98 \ 5-7-10
    4-19-03 \ 9-22-12
    10-6-04 \ 7-19-13
    6-24-06 \ 12-6-13
    10-1-14 \ 4-16-16
    \ 4-26-16 \
  • lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    this band is WAY too good for you people. stay home. cant wait for the HOB show in Chicago.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • LukinFan wrote:
    This is what got me to give them another chance- great cover and great Live Album!

They are like PJ, they sound better live (on CD) than on studio albums.

Like I said, you haven't heard the cover. And I was into them from their first album. It was hardly their shining moment, they've had a string of hits.
    "It's all happening"
    I downloaded Seether's new album this past weekend, and it's pretty damn good. And since I get in for free to concerts, I'm actually starting to look forward to this show now. I really hope to hear them play some PJ though.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Seether was amazing live at Harpo's in Detroit. The crowd was into it and the band hit the notes well. They did not play Immortality or any other cover songs for that matter. It was cool hearing the new album before it's release date too. I definitely agree they rock hard but seeing them live blows their albums out of the water.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Absolutely terrible band
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
    Absolutely terrible band
    Have you checked out their live album? Pretty damn good.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    I saw them open for Audioslave back in '05 and thought they were pretty good. Their new album flat out sucks though.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • Their new album flat out sucks though.

+1000000000
    LukinFan wrote:
    Have you checked out their live album? Pretty damn good.

I refuse to check out anything by them after the crap I have heard on the radio, cant believe bands like this become popular.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• chittychitty Posts: 609
    del
  • chittychitty Posts: 609
    I don't understand why bands get carved up for having a popular song on radio and/or sounding somewhat like PJ or Nirvana. I would much rather have this music then most of the other crap you are forced to hear on radio.
    That being said, I am not a Nickelback fan, but Seether I like. I saw them last time in Vancouver and they rocked. High energy and loud set. Covered Immortality and a AIC song, can't remember which one.
    I'd go see them if I were you....
    How is the new album?
  • Seether is pretty good man. I've seen them a few times and they were solid. When Shaun Morgan sings and doesn't scream he's got a good voice.
    Listen to Waste on the new records. It kicks ass.

Here's a few other things about Seether and why I say go to the show.
    They are highly influenced by PJ, Nirvana, Alice, Soundgarden so they are somewhat of a refreshing new type of band compared to the other new garbage out there. When they opend for Audioslave a few years ago Shaun would come out and do "Fell on Black days" with Cornell. So obviously Cornell thought highly of them.

Also are they still playing with Breaking Benjamin? If so GOOOOO. They rock too.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
    Seether is pretty good man. I've seen them a few times and they were solid. When Shaun Morgan sings and doesn't scream he's got a good voice.
    Listen to Waste on the new records. It kicks ass.

Here's a few other things about Seether and why I say go to the show.
    They are highly influenced by PJ, Nirvana, Alice, Soundgarden so they are somewhat of a refreshing new type of band compared to the other new garbage out there. When they opend for Audioslave a few years ago Shaun would come out and do "Fell on Black days" with Cornell. So obviously Cornell thought highly of them.

Also are they still playing with Breaking Benjamin? If so GOOOOO. They rock too.
    No, not playing this show with Breaking Benjamin- wish they were. This is an off date of their tour. We just feel lucky they they are coming. Only one more week!!!

And for the person above you- yes! Their new album rocks!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

chitty wrote:
    I don't understand why bands get carved up for having a popular song on radio and/or sounding somewhat like PJ or Nirvana. I would much rather have this music then most of the other crap you are forced to hear on radio.
    That being said, I am not a Nickelback fan, but Seether I like. I saw them last time in Vancouver and they rocked. High energy and loud set. Covered Immortality and a AIC song, can't remember which one.
    I'd go see them if I were you....
    How is the new album?

I dont carve them up because they are on the radio, I carve them up because they are boring and terrible.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

LukinFan wrote:
    They are coming back to play at the same small venue in November and I can't decide if I should go and see them.
    Two more days!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com