Pinback > Pearl Jam

2»

Comments

• BremertonBremerton Posts: 279
    Download Kylie and Penelope. They are both great.
  • PlantPage55PlantPage55 Posts: 136
    I downloaded some Pinback because of this thread.

...PHENOMENAL.

Not as good as Pearl Jam, not nearly as epic. But I'm hearing a lot of Modest Mouse in them...which I love.
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    Their currently my second favorite band under modest mouse... but if your into mindless grunge... then you probably won't like them.. Pearl jam has really been falling in the ranks lately for me..

I really hope you are not implying that Pearl Jam is mindless. Should that be the case I would have to suggest it is your mind that may be absent.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • i was always under the impression that grunge was the opposite of mindless, as in a reaction to mindless 80s rock. and all that.
  • xSmackSoundxxSmackSoundx Posts: 479
    its not mindless but compared to the intellectual and whimsical Modest Mouse, Radiohead, and Pinback it doesn't even come close...
  • pjhabitpjhabit Posts: 211
    its not mindless but compared to the intellectual and whimsical Modest Mouse, Radiohead, and Pinback it doesn't even come close...
    ha ha ha thats funny shit right there :D
    Boise 11/3/00~Fargo 6/15/03~Winnipeg 9/8/05~St. Paul 6/26/06~6/27/06
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980

I don't think "grunge" is a real genre anyway, in fact people get too caught up in labelling. But I will agree that Pearl Jam is not exactly the deepest band (but come on, "mindless" to me says Nickelback or Creed).
  • Pearl Jam has a song called DEEP! How much deeper can you get? :) Meanwhile Modest Mouse has a song about a redneck who can't get his car started. heheh
  • nutmeg81nutmeg81 Posts: 627
    MCG wrote:
    'Autumn of the Seraphs' is indeed awesome, but I can't say I share your opinion that they are on par with Radiohead or better than Pearl Jam.

'k well i like Pinback have 2 of their records & 1 EP.....but LOVE PJ!!

However the original piece never says the person believes that P'back > P'Jam twas just the title...maybe to get a reaction out of folks here.. and so to shed some light on P'back!

as for people who feel this titles thread aint worth their attention.....fuck-right-off!!
    26/10/96 dublin
    01/06/00 dublin
    23/08/06 dublin
    11/09/06 paris
    18/06/07 london
    17/08/09 manchester
    18/08/09 london
  • nutmeg81nutmeg81 Posts: 627
    MCG wrote:
    Sometimes I wish there was a sarcasm text or something for dummies like me.

u mean there isn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    26/10/96 dublin
    01/06/00 dublin
    23/08/06 dublin
    11/09/06 paris
    18/06/07 london
    17/08/09 manchester
    18/08/09 london
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    pinback sucks

i'll second that

Esther's here and she's sick?