Pinback > Pearl Jam

xSmackSoundxxSmackSoundx Posts: 479
edited April 2008 in Other Music
Pinback is a great Indie band that is almost unreal-ly good. They have nice tight instrumentals with cool, calm voices that just are so great. Their newest Record, Autumn of the Seraphs is just incredible. I think this band deserves WAY more attention than their getting. Check out songs like Devil You Know, Concrete Seconds, and Boo. These songs are heavenly. This band is on par with Radiohead in my opinion. Their just so awesome... check em out...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    other than your poor grammar, who the hell is pinback?
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • I don't like the way this thread is going.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Maybe I will edit my post before we continue this discussion
  • OdinOdin Posts: 599
    GTFOH Moron!
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    pinback > Pearl Jam? Orly?
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    i think pinback gets the attention the deserve: not none, but not a lot.

their album release was pretty huge at record stores here.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • i was kinda into pinback for a while, they definitely have some good stuff. a little bold to say better than pearl jam, but, y'know... just trying to get people to click on the thread. summer in abadon is a pretty great record. saw em live, i was really looking forward to it, drove a long way to see them, and it blew tons of ass. by far the most dissapointed i've ever been with a live perfomance. totally uninspired. i recommend their records, but don't bother with a concert ticket.
  • any thread with "> Pearl Jam" isn't worth my attention.
  • I liked their 'Summer in Abbadon'(sp?) album... actually it's the only one I have :p Non-Photo Blue is a great song.

Not interested enough to get any other albums though...
    Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
  • MrSmith wrote:
    any thread with "> Pearl Jam" isn't worth my attention.
    then why did you click on it if it wasn't worth your oh-so precious attention.

why did you spend even more time after that crafting this pointless message if it was not even worth your attention oh great one?
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    MrSmith wrote:
    any thread with "> Pearl Jam" isn't worth my attention.

yeah, this thread has an irritating title...
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • corduroidcorduroid Posts: 293
    Pinback is a great Indie band that is almost unreal-ly good. They have ...

Provocative thread-title aside, that's what this board is about.

Thanks for the heads-up. Looking forward to checking them out.
  • then why did you click on it if it wasn't worth your oh-so precious attention.

why did you spend even more time after that crafting this pointless message if it was not even worth your attention oh great one?

i would respond but you are not worth my attention.
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    Pinback is a great Indie band that is almost unreal-ly good. They have nice tight instrumentals with cool, calm voices that just are so great. Their newest Record, Autumn of the Seraphs is just incredible. I think this band deserves WAY more attention than their getting. Check out songs like Devil You Know, Concrete Seconds, and Boo. These songs are heavenly. This band is on par with Radiohead in my opinion. Their just so awesome... check em out...

'Autumn of the Seraphs' is indeed awesome, but I can't say I share your opinion that they are on par with Radiohead or better than Pearl Jam.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • A while back someone made a thread about the top ten albums that changed your life, I kind of interpreted it as the top ten albums that changed or solidified your musical tastes. Here was my list:
    10 - The Black Keys: Thickfreakness
    9 - Uriah Heep: Wizards And Demons
    8 - Beastie Boys: License To Ill
    7 - REM: Green
    6 - The Shins: Oh, Inverted World
    5 - Elliot Smith: x/o
    4 - Radiohead: OK Computer
    3 - The Beatles : White Album
    2 - Pinback: Self Titled
    1 - Pearl Jam: Ten

Pinback is indeed an amazing band. Hard for me to put them over PJ, but I would certainly take some of their albums over some PJ albums, given the choice between the two.
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    This band has to be the worst band I have ever heard. They remind me of Nickelback or some other insignificant band. God! When I first heard that album.....what the hell was the name of it....I thought this must be the biggest piece of garbage. Those people look unbelievably pathetic!!! The vocals suck AND the music is just fucking awful!

You know what I think is wicked funny? Is there postuer when on stage! They all look like a bunch of hunch backs. These people HAD to be nerds in school. The kind that gets weegies and hung up in there lockers.

God is that music BULLSHIT! I don't understand why so many people are listening to absolute crap these days! What I don't understand even more is how other people are trying to get other people to listen to crap these days! What a fucking abomination this band is!!

Sorry dude I have never heard of these guys but if you say they are up there with Pearl Jam I will definitely give them a try! Always looking for good music! Thank you for the suggestion.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    pinback sucks
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Saw them at the Fillmore about a month ago ... it was a great show.

Good band, should certainly be checked out.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    Danimal wrote:
    They remind me of Nickelback

I'm very curious as to how you group Pinback and Nickelback together. The only similarity I know of is the 'back' part.
    Which came first,
  • MCG wrote:
    I'm very curious as to how you group Pinback and Nickelback together. The only similarity I know of is the 'back' part.
    I think, emphasis on think, he was joking. Read his whole post. I didn't really get it either.
    I think, emphasis on think, he was joking. Read his whole post. I didn't really get it either.

Yeah I was only jivin'.

BUT on serious note, I will check this band out tonight!
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

Danimal wrote:
    Yeah I was only jivin'.

BUT on serious note, I will check this band out tonight!

Sometimes I wish there was a sarcasm text or something for dummies like me.
    Which came first,
  • Pinback is a great band and definitely one of the best indie bands around, but IN NO FUCKING WAY ARE THEY BETTER THAN PEARL JAM.
  • it sounds like you people just need to listen more... lol... I don't know why but when I heard them they just hit me like a ton of bricks... like it was just SSSOOO good...

As for the title - I knew a lot of people would click it, I can't really compare those two bands that well... pearl jam is pretty much my favorite rock/grunge band and pinback is my favorite indie band, so IDK their close...
    These guys are good! Just listened to a couple of songs on iTunes. I might have to pick one of these albums up!

Reminds me a little like new Sonic Youth.

• Their currently my second favorite band under modest mouse... but if your into mindless grunge... then you probably won't like them.. Pearl jam has really been falling in the ranks lately for me..
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    God forbid if somebody doesn't think Pearl Jam is the be-end of the fucking musical universe...
  • Brain Of EBrain Of E Posts: 499
    never heard of them, but i will check them out
    Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
  • muppet wrote:
    God forbid if somebody doesn't think Pearl Jam is the be-end of the fucking musical universe...

1. I believe the thread title may have been used to get people's attention.

2. I'm fairly certain that at least 90% of the people on this message board believe that pearl jam is the "be-end of the fucking musical universe"

3. Take a breather :D
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    1. I believe the thread title may have been used to get people's attention.

2. I'm fairly certain that at least 90% of the people on this message board believe that pearl jam is the "be-end of the fucking musical universe"

3. Take a breather :D

I'm not angry or anything, it's just strange how narrow minded people can be.