Consolers of the Lonely

Comments

• lephtylephty Posts: 770
    this is some great music... they sound so together now. last album was really good but to me it still sounded "side projecty". now they seem to have a solid sound!
  • oktacomaoktacoma Posts: 335
    Only heard a few songs so far and they're great. Does Jack sing all the songs on this one?
  • bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    Lovin' this album! The Raconteurs proved for the second time that they have what it takes to help keep rock music great for the next little while! :D
  • I remember hearing them in Easy Street Records and asking who it was. Right when they told me, I went through the bizarre aisles making my way to the 'R' section and buying it as quick as it was to get up to the register... Love the record.
    "Don't come closer or I'll have to go
    Holding me like gravity are places that pull
    If ever there was someone to keep me at home
    It would be you..."
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    I still have yet to buy this cd, its been 15 dollars everywhere that I looked. Pretty dumb idea to only give a weeks notice about the release. I really do not get the point of doing that.
    Yeah they should give at least a month notice to give you time to save up the $15.
    #FHP
    Horos wrote:
    Yeah they should give at least o month notice to gove you time to save up the $15.

hahahaha!
    I think that it was sweet that they rush released the album!
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Just thought I'd check out this thread because I'm going to see them tonight. Consolers IMO is an excellent rock album. I love the WS but The Racs are completely different. Only people who haven't listen to much of either think the Racs are the WS, mostly because of Jack's voice.

Anyway the Racs rock and it's great to hear Jack play with some real musicians(sorry Meg). I'll be celebrating Earth Day with them and it's going to be great!
    #FHP
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    Horos wrote:
    Yeah they should give at least a month notice to give you time to save up the $15.

LOL :D

IMO this album beats their debut. I was fairly impressed.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,152
    i was thinking how their first album is better... but with each listen this one is getting better and better. i think im going to try and get tix to see them at Terminal 5 in brooklyn now.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • SilverSeedSilverSeed Posts: 336
    I love this album. I think Top Yourself has one of the most scathing lines in rock:

"How you gonna get that deep, when your daddy ain't around to do it to you?"

Ouch...
    When Jesus said "Love your enemies" he probably didn't mean kill them...

"Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead. No, wait, not me, you." -Deep Toughts, Jack Handy
  • I just saw them in Vancouver and they were great.
    I'm just loving this album more and more with every listen! It's just a solid, solid, rock album! If that's what they set out to do, they truly did it with this!
    I've seen the Stripes live, and would love to see these boys live!
  • I hate to say it but this album could do with a little less Jack and a little more Brendan Benson... they sound way to much white stripish... besied Brendan's voice is incredible...
  • oktacomaoktacoma Posts: 335
    I hate to say it but this album could do with a little less Jack and a little more Brendan Benson... they sound way to much white stripish... besied Brendan's voice is incredible...
    Now you're just being silly.
  • oktacoma wrote:
    Now you're just being silly.

have you HEARD brendans solo stuff? its good... REALLY good
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    have you HEARD brendans solo stuff? its good... REALLY good

thank goodness someone finally stepped up for brendan. he brings more to this little project than people are obviously willing to admit. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    I hate to say it but this album could do with a little less Jack and a little more Brendan Benson... they sound way to much white stripish... besied Brendan's voice is incredible...

He might have a great voice....but Jack White's simply the man. I'm completely down with the sound.
  • I just think that Brendan Benson had a awesome thing going on Alternative To Love... and some of that nice clean catchy pop sound should be in the Raconteurs songs... their instrumentals are a little cluttered too... but the CD is still great... i'm just saying Jack is dominating too much...
    I just think that Brendan Benson had a awesome thing going on Alternative To Love... and some of that nice clean catchy pop sound should be in the Raconteurs songs... their instrumentals are a little cluttered too... but the CD is still great... i'm just saying Jack is dominating too much...

i agree with the ATL comment but i fully admit that jack white is the master of his domain.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    i agree with the ATL comment but i fully admit that jack white is the master of his domain.

Not gonna deny that one ;)
    Jack White is certainly a very strong asset to rock n roll....as that's what he is...purely.

I'm definitely interested in checking out Alternative to Love though! Any suggestions?
    bovy_j wrote:
    Not gonna deny that one ;)
    Jack White is certainly a very strong asset to rock n roll....as that's what he is...purely.

I'm definitely interested in checking out Alternative to Love though! Any suggestions?

yes. the entire album. :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    yes. the entire album. :D

This better be worth my while....or else...or else...or else I'll go back to listening to Consolers of the Lonely! hehehe :D
    bovy_j wrote:
    This better be worth my while....or else...or else...or else I'll go back to listening to Consolers of the Lonely! hehehe :D

canadians are so funny when they try to be threatening. :p:D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    ive listened to this album a bunch of times lately and i really like it. my favorite tracks are "you don't understand me," "old enough" and "carolina drama." the whole album is very listenable though and i am really digging it.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i downloaded their whole Coachella webcast last week... it sounds better live :):)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    i downloaded their whole Coachella webcast last week... it sounds better live :):)

can you share that? id love to hear it.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    can you share that? id love to hear it.

its a visual / audio feast

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VWZHTPP0
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    its a visual / audio feast

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VWZHTPP0

thanks for that.
  • xSmackSoundxxSmackSoundx Posts: 479
    bovy_j wrote:

I consider Alternative to love superior to Consolers of the lonely by far
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Jack White is THE man.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V