• Vedder1029 wrote:
    man, i gotta get that shirt!

that shirt would be a welcome addition to my wardrobe
    St. John's, NL - 2005/09/24, 2005/09/25
    Toronto, ON - 2009/08/21
    Austin - 2014/10/05
    Ottawa - 2016/05/08

"Can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain"
  • I remember first coming to this board and reading a couple of the 'I hate Creed' Threads, and I thought to myself "They can't be that bad", so I downloaded a couple of songs (can't remember which ones). Turns out they really were that bad. I promptly deleted them from my PC. I just think they suck donkey balls. Stapps voice is more annoying than Jude Law's face. They are painful to listen to, mainly because of the voice. Tremonti is a decent guitarist, but in that band the music was very generic and boring, made ultra crap by stapp.

:D Don't hold back. Just tell us what you really think.
  • xSmackSoundxxSmackSoundx Posts: 479
    Wow.. I just realized why I don't have a bad opinion of creed... it's becuase I heard creed and bought their CDs way before I even knew of Pearl Jam. I always thought Eddie kinda sounded like Scott... Know i'm starting to think Scott sounds like Eddie.. hmmm..
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,591
    Creed, whenever they existed, sounded fake and overproduced, and they sucked live, and they also brokeup.

They hurt my ears.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    The bass player for Creed once said in an interview that "Eddie Vedder wishes he could write songs as good as Scott Stapp".....we've been on the warpath ever since.
    omg...if i hated them before I DESPISE THEM NOW!!!!
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • JoooooshJooooosh Posts: 74
    It's not so much the poor musicianship that does it for me, it's the fact that they gained popularity by ripping off other bands.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    It's odd when they were together I wasn't into them but now that there not together I like their music more since they don't tour anymore. Don't hate em just like em every now and then.

Peace
    Earle
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    Here's my two cents...

For those of you who jumped on the bandwagon of critics that claimed Creed a Pearl Jam ripoff, listen to the music!!! Pearl Jam's music is pretty much classic rock, 70's style rock like Led Zeppelin and Neil Young, whereas Creed played arena rock and was more like Anthrax or Metallica. If anything, I think the closest band you can compare Creed to would be Live, but Throwing Copper shits on everything Creed did.

I think Creed wrote some decent music, but Scott Stapp IS a douchebag.

Pearl Jam fucking rocks.

End of story.
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • JoooooshJooooosh Posts: 74
    Here's my two cents...

For those of you who jumped on the bandwagon of critics that claimed Creed a Pearl Jam ripoff, listen to the music!!! Pearl Jam's music is pretty much classic rock, 70's style rock like Led Zeppelin and Neil Young, whereas Creed played arena rock and was more like Anthrax or Metallica. If anything, I think the closest band you can compare Creed to would be Live, but Throwing Copper shits on everything Creed did.

I think Creed wrote some decent music, but Scott Stapp IS a douchebag.

Pearl Jam fucking rocks.

End of story.
    Creed sounded nothing like metallica or anthrax.
    The main difference being anthrax and metallica (well, James and the 3 most recent bassists) possessed talent.
    Anthrax was just good ol' trash metal until John Bush joined, then they became more of a Pantera rip-off since thrash was about dead by then.
    And Metallica was thrash up until ajfa/black album where they became pretty much a typical hard rock band.
  • Jooooosh wrote:
    Creed sounded nothing like metallica or anthrax.
    The main difference being anthrax and metallica (well, James and the 3 most recent bassists) possessed talent.
    Anthrax was just good ol' trash metal until John Bush joined, then they became more of a Pantera rip-off since thrash was about dead by then.
    And Metallica was thrash up until ajfa/black album where they became pretty much a typical hard rock band.
    Thats funny you say that bc the first time I heard Creed the DJ introduced it by saying "Here's a band that reminds me the most of Metallica in a long time." And then crappy ass My Own Prison came on the radio and I wanted to jam an Icepick in my ears.

IMO Creed ripped off the sound of Ten and Core. Both of those albums were masterpieces but were overproduced. If they had tried to rip off Vs and Purple they would have been a better band. By better I mean below average instead of worst band I have ever heard.
    10/31/2000 (****)
    6/7/2003 (***1/2)
    7/9/2006 (****1/2)
    7/13/2006 (**** )
    4/10/2008 EV Solo (****1/2)
    6/25/2008 MSG II (*****)
    10/1/2009 LA II (****)
    10/6/2009 LA III (***** Cornell!!!)