Why does everone hate Creed?

xSmackSoundxxSmackSoundx Posts: 479
edited July 2007 in Other Music
I grew up listening to Creed... they used to be my favorite band... not so much now.. but I still don't mind them. Why so much hate for Scott Stapp? And do the people that hate Creed also hate alterbridge? I like the songs...

Bullets
Broken Wings (By AlterBridge)
*Gets out the Greatest Hits CD*
uuuummm.. most stuff on here... What's wrong with it?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    I'm guessing it's because of these things:

- Wanted to be Eddie
    - He's a wife beater
    - A drug addict
    - Cocky
    - Pretends he is Jesus Christ
    - Tried miserably to hit on the wives of Chad and Pnut from 311
    - Tight Leather pants

He really should just move to Reno. He'd work in the Golden Nugget and do Pearl Jam and STP covers all night in the lounge.
    NERDS!
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    This thread reminds me of a t-shirt I saw once:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/joeythenimrod/offspring/EJHC2.jpg
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • xSmackSoundxxSmackSoundx Posts: 479
    ^Good Points^

But I thought people like bad ass musicians... Also... I don't let what the musicians do effect how I judge their music... Every band has their flaws
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    ^Good Points^

But I thought people like bad ass musicians... Also... I don't let what the musicians do effect how I judge their music... Every band has their flaws

Scott Stapp is a Bad musician, not a bad ass one.
    NERDS!
  • Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    The bass player for Creed once said in an interview that "Eddie Vedder wishes he could write songs as good as Scott Stapp".....we've been on the warpath ever since.
    "It's all happening"
  • angryyoungmanangryyoungman Posts: 1,028
    I grew up listening to Creed... they used to be my favorite band... not so much now.. but I still don't mind them. Why so much hate for Scott Stapp? And do the people that hate Creed also hate alterbridge? I like the songs...

Bullets
    id say most likely cause they suck. . .and cause stapp worships at the feet of ed but doesnt acknowledge it. . .pearl jam can look at creed and see what there future might have been if they had done all the videos, all the marketing crap, all the stuff that generally makes bands sell out. . .its almost like a dickens novel
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446

Bullets

I'm sorry, I realize that they have fans that love them and enjoy their tunes, I mean how else to explain them making it up the charts? But my first reaction on seeing them was to pick up something to throw at the tele and everytime I hear that man attempt to sing I just want to stick a screwdriver in my ear. Their music has the same affect on me that horrific news stories or fingernails on a blackboard do. I just don't like them.
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Jeanie wrote:
    I'm sorry, I realize that they have fans that love them and enjoy their tunes, I mean how else to explain them making it up the charts? But my first reaction on seeing them was to pick up something to throw at the tele and everytime I hear that man attempt to sing I just want to stick a screwdriver in my ear. Their music has the same affect on me that horrific news stories or fingernails on a blackboard do. I just don't like them.

jeez jeanie, open up and tell us how you really feel....:p

in answer to the op's question......i have to question the sanity of a person that really likes this band......
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    i always thought mark tremonti was a good guitarist.........i've said too much already.......
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    cutback wrote:
    jeez jeanie, open up and tell us how you really feel....:p

in answer to the op's question......i have to question the sanity of a person that really likes this band......

Well I do have a friend here who likes to torment me by singing, "What if?" in his very best Scott voice just to watch me lose it in a bad way!! :D:o

I'd say my reaction to Creed is not unsimilar to my reaction to Michael Myers or tripe!!! :eek:
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • - He's a wife beater
    - A drug addict
    - Cocky
    - Tight Leather pants
    I hate him too. But to be fair, those above probably describes hundreds if not thousands of rocks singers throughout the decades. Actually, that's pretty much the stereotype of a rock singer, so I could hardly begrudge him on that.
  • Why so much hate for Scott Stapp?

Because he sings with a lame, phony voice...sounds like a Muppet Show version of Eddie Vedder.
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Even the rest of Creed hate Scott Stapp !!
    Music is not a competetion.
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    Becuase they were selling millions of albums when Pearl Jam was selling jack.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    muppet wrote:

Who knows? Had Pearl Jam not turned away from the mainstream and released "No Code", maybe there would be no Creed. I'll allow it though because their best work has come since staying from the mainstream---even if it means having to put up with bands like Creed and Nickelback.
  • muppet wrote:

Of course that's the reason! I'm sure it has nothing to do with how shitty and generic Creed's music is....
  • Vedder1029Vedder1029 Posts: 179
    direwolf74 wrote:

man, i gotta get that shirt!
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember...
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    What's wrong with it?

Its utter shite.

Each to their own though!!

Watching the video with him almost getting whacked by meteorites is quite funny. Hopefully the meteorites will have more luck next time.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,853
    I grew up listening to Creed

god help you
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Lame, boring..........no need to say anything else
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    stu gee wrote:
    Its utter shite.

Each to their own though!!

Watching the video with him almost getting whacked by meteorites is quite funny. Hopefully the meteorites will have more luck next time.

hahahaha
  • I'm guessing it's because of these things:

- Wanted to be Eddie
    - He's a wife beater
    - A drug addict
    - Cocky
    - Tried miserably to hit on the wives of Chad and Pnut from 311
    - Tight Leather pants

He really should just move to Reno. He'd work in the Golden Nugget and do Pearl Jam and STP covers all night in the lounge.

I didn't know he was supposed to be a wife beater!

I don't know him so I will let that go straight over my head.

I think Creed are just boring. They seem to me to be a cheaper, watered down version of Pearl Jam. :)
  • azwyldcatsazwyldcats Posts: 703
    Even Scott Stapp hates Scott Stapp.
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • amitamit Posts: 73
    Dudes, I like their music. Tremonti is awesome. Sure the rest maybe be dicks (what the hell is the bass player on about, Eddie eats Scott Stapp for breakfast).

But whatever.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Scott stapp thinks he Mr VEdder
  • because they suck.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762

Bullets

1 million points for bravery mate. i salute you. honestly.

creed are most probably not as bad as everyone on here makes them to be. thing is they are rip off artists and because of their songs flooding rock radio (a while back) pearl jam got flamed for it :eek: yip, tough crowd. but this is most probably the biggest reason why you'll find such an intolerable demeanour towards creed and especially stapp on this board.
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I remember first coming to this board and reading a couple of the 'I hate Creed' Threads, and I thought to myself "They can't be that bad", so I downloaded a couple of songs (can't remember which ones). Turns out they really were that bad. I promptly deleted them from my PC. I just think they suck donkey balls. Stapps voice is more annoying than Jude Law's face. They are painful to listen to, mainly because of the voice. Tremonti is a decent guitarist, but in that band the music was very generic and boring, made ultra crap by stapp.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • ArctangentArctangent Posts: 614
    why does everone hate creed? because they're shite... end of!