when will tickets for R.E.M. go on sale?

AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
edited March 2008 in Other Music
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483

fan club presale not for a few weeks for the U.S.
  • JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    fan club presale not for a few weeks for the U.S.

That's all well and good, but why can't they just tell us when the public date is? Even if it is 8 weeks from now, just let us know now.
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    That's all well and good, but why can't they just tell us when the public date is? Even if it is 8 weeks from now, just let us know now.

thats what i am saying. if they announced the dates, why cant they just tell us when we are gunna be able to purchase tickets. i am fucking dying to see them.
  • thats what i am saying. if they announced the dates, why cant they just tell us when we are gunna be able to purchase tickets. i am fucking dying to see them.

me too!! tell us the damn date
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    Yeah, I'm not really sure why they did things the way the did. They announced the North American tour and no further info. A few days later they announce Europe, and a couple of days after that (early this morning) had the presale for those date. Still no info about the North American dates for presale. Seems assbackwards to me.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • UK dates were announced this morning, here they are for anyone who is interested:

Sunday, Aug. 24: Manchester, L.C.C.C.
    Monday, Aug. 25: Cardiff, Millennium Stadium
    Wednesday, Aug. 27: Southampton, Rosebowl
    Saturday, Aug. 30: London, Twickenham Stadium

Does anyone know when tickets might go on sale? The official website doesn't say.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    UK dates were announced this morning, here they are for anyone who is interested:

Does anyone know when tickets might go on sale? The official website doesn't say.

Presale through livenation is on this Wednesday at 9.00 am General sale is on Friday.

Im soo excited! Blatantly obvious they're doing Leeds & reading fest aswell as they have the Friday and Sat off.

Ross, which dates are you going for? I'm thinking the last 2 (at least one of them anyway).
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    were the dates released the full tour? im dying to go to this show... rem with modest mouse and the national opening?? that's one helluva lineup. but im in cleveland this summer and it wasnt listed :(
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    UK dates are on sale Friday

http://www.nme.com/news/rem/34637
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • wash_ wrote:
    Presale through livenation is on this Wednesday at 9.00 am General sale is on Friday.

Im soo excited! Blatantly obvious they're doing Leeds & reading fest aswell as they have the Friday and Sat off.

Ross, which dates are you going for? I'm thinking the last 2 (at least one of them anyway).

Well, Dave was going to get my ticket seeing as the presale is two days before i get paid. He can't do Manchester so its going to be Southampton or London.

But there'll be plenty of GA tickets on Friday so i might get myself a Manchester ticket at some point.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Does anyone have any clue as to the ticket prices for the UK shows?

Well, Dave was going to get my ticket seeing as the presale is two days before i get paid. He can't do Manchester so its going to be Southampton or London.

But there'll be plenty of GA tickets on Friday so i might get myself a Manchester ticket at some point.

Soton or London? Brilliant! I sense a meet up!!!!! Although, I think I will have my parents in tow...they can sit outside the pub!
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

• wash_ wrote:
    Soton or London? Brilliant! I sense a meet up!!!!! Although, I think I will have my parents in tow...they can sit outside the pub!

lol, the more the merrier! I'll have to talk to Dave and see which show he'd prefer to go to, then make arrangements nearer the time!

Manchester is tempting too though!

lol, the more the merrier! I'll have to talk to Dave and see which show he'd prefer to go to, then make arrangements nearer the time!

Manchester is tempting too though!

Doing the whole blooming lot is tempting! Although, considering I have an Excel spreadsheet of my finances and budget as my computer wallpaper, I think it won't be a good idea ;) !!!!!!!
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

• wash_ wrote:
    Doing the whole blooming lot is tempting! Although, considering I have an Excel spreadsheet of my finances and budget as my computer wallpaper, I think it won't be a good idea ;) !!!!!!!

i remember the spreadsheet of finances you had for the PJ tour last year; you're very organised!

I dont imagine there'll be any problems getting tickets, each show is in a massive stadium. Fanclub tickets on sale tomorrow, LiveNation pre-sale Wednesday but i'm sure there'll be thousands of tickets left on Friday when the general sale starts.

i remember the spreadsheet of finances you had for the PJ tour last year; you're very organised!

I dont imagine there'll be any problems getting tickets, each show is in a massive stadium. Fanclub tickets on sale tomorrow, LiveNation pre-sale Wednesday but i'm sure there'll be thousands of tickets left on Friday when the general sale starts.

Fingers crossed!!!!
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

• Fanclub tickets on sale tomorrow, LiveNation pre-sale Wednesday but i'm sure there'll be thousands of tickets left on Friday when the general sale starts.

thats uk only right?>
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • thats uk only right?>

Sorry yeah, i'm talking about those 4 UK shows :)

• PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    UK dates were announced this morning, here they are for anyone who is interested:

:( fucking stadiums?

I'm glad I just scored 2 tix for the RAH then!! :D

there's choir seats NOW!!
  • Pegasus wrote:
    :( fucking stadiums?

I'm glad I just scored 2 tix for the RAH then!! :D

there's choir seats NOW!!

You don't like stadiums? I actually think REM are better suited to perform in the bigger arenas and stadiums. Seeing them at the cricket ground back in 2005 was just wonderful!

You don't like stadiums? I actually think REM are better suited to perform in the bigger arenas and stadiums. Seeing them at the cricket ground back in 2005 was just wonderful!
    I don't even like Arenas..I learn to live with them, just.. but Stadiums?
    no thanks, I'll pass.. (only reason I've been to ones for PJ is because we had 10c tickets.).
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    Has R.E.M.'s North American audience become so insignificant that they would rather play 35 shows in Europe to only 15 shows in their hemisphere of origin?

I'm really interested in driving to Atlanta or Raleigh to catch them, but so far there is plenteous buzz, info, and number of shows to see them in Europe instead.

What gives?

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • rhinomagic wrote:
    Has R.E.M.'s North American audience become so insignificant that they would rather play 35 shows in Europe to only 15 shows in their hemisphere of origin?

I'm really interested in driving to Atlanta or Raleigh to catch them, but so far there is plenteous buzz, info, and number of shows to see them in Europe instead.

What gives?

Yeah pretty much.

In 2004 they didn't even sell out Atlanta. It was sad. They are huge in Europe these days and insignificant over here. Hopefully the record gets some buzz and they do another leg later in the year or early next year.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Yeah pretty much.

In 2004 they didn't even sell out Atlanta. It was sad. They are huge in Europe these days and insignificant over here. Hopefully the record gets some buzz and they do another leg later in the year or early next year.

It's true, they're much bigger over here these days. I remember the Cricket Ground in Manchester being sold out in 2005, which is about 40,000 if i'm not mistaken.

Hyde Park was a huuuuuuuge gig too, about 100,000.

• rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    I read today that R.E.M. is playing the Sasquatch Festival @ the Gorge on Memorial Day Weekend. That's a good thing.

But I'm just saddened to realize that the band isn't nearly as well-thought-of in the States as I think they should be. I suppose I had better see them on this tour before they skip North America altogether.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    would be great to know when the U.S dates go on sale.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
    rhinomagic wrote:

What gives?

now if only PJ could go the same way :D:D:D (well..not Stadiums though :()
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Just put the damn atlanta tix on sale already so i can get them!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Zoso wrote:
    would be great to know when the U.S dates go on sale.

i second that. it is fucking killing me! i need to budget my money and decide what concerts i want to go to and R.E.M is very high on my list.
    !!!!
  • there's still tickets for Amsterdam in July, and you get the added bonus of Radiohead(tickets sold out but going for close to facevalue on ebay) the next night... It's in Westerpark which is a nice park in the west of Amstrdam(hence the name). Tickets are about 50 euros which is a lot cheaper than some of the other European dates have been.

I'm seeing them at T in the park - but I'm fairly likely to get some tickets to either REM, Radiohead or both nearer the time of the gig.