Muse

2»

Comments

• mikesbrimikesbri Posts: 965
    The 2 most overused statements by people that think they are the authority on music...

1) (Fill in the band) are sellouts.

2) (Fill in the band) are (Fill in the band) ripoffs.

isnt everyband a ripoff of another band..
    Muse is good band and awesome live.
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • zircona1zircona1 Posts: 293
    I saw Muse last year at the Austin City Limits fest, I decided to check them out b/c I was seeing Arcade Fire on their own 2 weeks later. I didn't know anything about them or any of their songs, only that I had heard they were a really good live band.

I was impressed, most of the songs had a lot of energy and their light show was cool. I don't think I'd pay to go see them on their own, but I'm glad I got to check them out.
    "As long as the music's loud enough, we won't hear the world falling apart."—Jubilee

"I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin
  • PJgirl01PJgirl01 Posts: 21
    Muse is absolutely incredible. I've seen them a few times live and they are amazing. I cant even explain their talent.
    They just dont understand what it means to love some silly little peice of music, or some band, so much that it HURTS.
  • smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,563
    I actually like Muse more than Radiohead and think Muse does a better version of what Radiohead was doing with their first two albums.
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Citizen Erased is an AMAZING song, awesome guitar work, and the mellow bit at the end is just incredible. One of the few bands I genuinely think deserve all the hype.
  • JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,261
    seen them 4 times in various types of venues, love em. theyre also remarkably good at pulling off the "trickery" from the studio work into a live setting.

and anyone whos seen them from the front of the crowd when they played Stockholm Music or Hyper Music will know just how fuckin loud this band can be.
    SO GOOD.

showbiz is still one of my faves cos its more riff-heavy, sounds like more of an In Utero rip-off than Radiohead to me...
  • FunkdogFunkdog Posts: 85
    I went from not knowing much about them to within 1 1/2 years being obsessed with them. They're amazing live, their studio albums are spectacular especially Absolution. I've grown to appreciate their earlier work as of late, especially stuff of Origin Of Symmetry like Space Dementia, Citizen Erased, & Megolomania. This band is the modern era Queen, I'm excited to see what the future holds for them.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure" - H.J.S.

"I have come here to chew bubble-gum, and kick ass! And I'm all out of bubble-gum!" R.P.
    JordyWordy wrote:

and anyone whos seen them from the front of the crowd when they played Stockholm Music or Hyper Music will know just how fuckin loud this band can be.
    SO GOOD.

I'll fucking say! They rock like absolute beasts live - here's a wicked version of Citizen Erased:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=W4R84e1HqvU
  • flask0987flask0987 Posts: 12
    They are an awesome band. Absolution is my favorite album.
  • TangerineTangerine Posts: 880
    Funkdog wrote:
    I went from not knowing much about them to within 1 1/2 years being obsessed with them. They're amazing live, their studio albums are spectacular especially Absolution. I've grown to appreciate their earlier work as of late, especially stuff of Origin Of Symmetry like Space Dementia, Citizen Erased, & Megolomania. This band is the modern era Queen, I'm excited to see what the future holds for them.

That's funny, same here :) I went from saying who is this MUSE who's headlining all these festivals, back in the beginning of '07 to LOVING them. Seen the twice, at Lolla then a week later in Boston. Grabbed all their CD's, Absolution, Hullabaloo and HAARP and love them all. Although I still think the Glastonbury and Reading festival boot DVD's are my favorite.

I think of them as a modern day Pink Floyd whereas PJ is our modern day Zeppelin. Like Pink Floyd I think Muse is an acquired taste and you either love 'em or hate 'em while PJ is much more accessible.

As someone previously stated they are a band that truly does deserve all the hype.
    2006: Boston I, Camden II
    2007: Chicago
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield I & II, EV Boston
    2009: Philly III & IV
    2010: Boston
    2011: PJ20
    2012: Philly
    2013: Worcester I & II, Brooklyn I & II
  • JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,261
    the best comparison ive heard someone make about Muse is that theyre what it would be like if "Andrew Lloyd Webber made a rock band"....
  • T-CaseT-Case Posts: 186
    Muse is amazing

absolution is my favorite album
    favorite song is kind of hard to pick its a tie between New Born and Hysteria

saw them live in '07, greatest show I've ever been to, hands down.
    PJ at MSG in 2008! Mission Accomplished

The band all knows. We're too afraid to mention.
    Don't want to be part of Frank's luncheon.
    Lose weight. Be safe. Where's Mike McCready?
    My god he's been ate!
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    Bottom line...

If you see Muse live and you have an open mind, you will at the very least enjoy yourself and at the most be blown away.

i saw them...i liked the show...

but i was not blown away.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    dharma69 wrote:
    Nothing like Radiohead at....all....

Nothing.

Other than the singers singing sounding almost identical to Thom Yorke.
    Igottago wrote:
    Other than the singers singing sounding almost identical to Thom Yorke.

Yeah that whole comparison came about when their first album came out, and there wasn't really anyone else they could be compared to. In all reality it was only really the vocals that sounded similar, and Muse have certainly gone on to prove the naysayers wrong - they are every bit as good as Radiohead.
    So I got their live cd/dvd yesterday HOLY SHIT! It is so fucking impressive and I'm now really pissed off at myself for not going to either of the shows. I must see this band live again.
  • The Haarp DVD is awesome, I can't wait to see them live again. :)

I find Matt and Thom's vocals so different.