Barenaked Ladies Singer Busted on Drug Charges.

2»

Comments

• restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    i met him at granville island a long long time ago. he was out in the open, nobody cared about him, but i went up and said: " i love your shit, man"

dont know why i said that, because i dont. but i was with a girlfriend and wanted to walk up to the guy for her. i knew he was a druggie
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    Their cover of Bruce Cockburns "Lovers In A Dangerous Time" is fantastic!!!!
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    Todd76 wrote:
    Their cover of Bruce Cockburns "Lovers In A Dangerous Time" is fantastic!!!!

Agreed, it's beautiful.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • IndySarahIndySarah Posts: 42
    BNL is a great band-- not for everyone certainly, but they are a great band. I agree that they can't be judged solely on their more novelity-ish songs. I just got done listening to Rock Spectactular for the first time in years, and it made me sad thinking about the situation. I hope it doesn't end up being as bad as it seems currently.

Besides, any band that has a line about a girl's Barbies always doing it on the first date is genius. ;)
    "You look like you'd be sticky" --

Indianapolis 1998, Indianapolis 2000, Alpine 2003, Indianapolis 2003, Toledo 2004, Grand Rapids 2004, St Louis 2004, Kitchener 2005, London 2005, Hamilton 2005, Chicago I 2006, Grand Rapids 2006, Cleveland 2006, Cincinnati 2006 The Vic 2007, Lollapalooza 2007, Chicago I and II 2009
  • allornoneallornone Posts: 269
    Wow, I guess they'll be eliminated from the Kids Stuff channel on Sirius. All they have been playing lately are songs from "Snacktime". I think the BNL actually went into the Kids Stuff studio for a live performance as well.

They don't like salmon, but they like hardcore drugs.
  • i agree with what seems to be the minority here, they're a better band than people give them credit for. absolutely love 'break your heart' from rock spectacle.

and i still say no, not all drugs should be legal. just because people "are gonna do it anyway" doesn't mean they all should be legalized. in that vein, do you think just because some people are going to molest children it should be made legal?

anything from the earth should be legalized. if it's made in a lab....fuck that noise.
    "Have you ever.........pooped a balloon?"
    ~D.K.S.