Serj Tankian

2»

Comments

• reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    I'm not allowed to buy it which means, my girlfriend has it wrapped up in paper to give to me as a present.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    Of what I heard it sounds like SOTD to me.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    libragirl wrote:
    Of what I heard it sounds like SOTD to me.

I was hoping for something a bit mellower, Serj has an awesome voice, all the screaming as much as I love System does'nt always do it credit.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I was hoping for something a bit mellower, Serj has an awesome voice, all the screaming as much as I love System does'nt always do it credit.

He does have a good voice, but I have yet to hear the whole album. I'm not a big SOTD fan...more of a casual fan.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    bharQ wrote:
    used to be a huge fan of system... im pretty tired of their sound to be honest

and judging by the single.. no major evolution in that sound is happening on this solo project whatsoever..

i totally agree with you. i used to like them a lot but don't anymore. i heard theres really no difference with his solo stuff to system and that hes starting the follow up to the album already as well.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,224
    As a System fan whose interest has been waning, I wish I hadn't heard this album. It's basically a less interesting System record...similar vocal cadences, alternating lyrics between political and nonsense, but no Daron to keep things honest.

By the way, Scars On Broadway is Daron and John's project. I'm very interested to hear this vs. Serj's solo stuff.
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    I bought this album 10 days ago and I love it. It's nothing special and it sound live SOAD but if you like SOAD, you'll like Serj Tankian's solo album.
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • I like his solo album, seeng him in 6 hours
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
    I like his solo album, seeng him in 6 hours
    Enjoy the show !
    I didn't knwo he was touring..; I just visited his website (nice site btw) but unfortunately no Belgian date seems to be announced...
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    who is the drummer?
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I like his solo album, seeng him in 6 hours
    Saw him last Saturday when he opened for the Foos. Not too sure what to make of it.
  • I really hate his voice. The dude is also as creepy looking as they come.
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    redrock wrote:
    Saw him last Saturday when he opened for the Foos. Not too sure what to make of it.
    So how many dates is he opening for the Foo's
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    redrock wrote:
    you didn't like him ?
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I thought he was very much of the same, Julien. I do like his voice and I sort of liked him, but got bored. The guy in front of me said to listen to his album.
    redrock wrote:
    I thought he was very much of the same, Julien. I do like his voice and I sort of liked him, but got bored. The guy in front of me said to listen to his album.
    yes, I see what you mean... I must say I don't understand why he made his solo album... it's not bad at all if you like SOAD and his voice but SOAD released a two albums 1-2 year(s) go. this solo album is maybe too much. But a part of the profit goes for humanitaria aid (unicef if I rememebr well)