Serj Tankian

kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
edited November 2007 in Other Music
Who is gonna buy his solo album, i wonder if it's any different then a System of a Down Album.
London 2005
Toronto 2011 night 2
Hamilton 2011
London 2013
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I have been a System fan for a long time and obviously a solo project from Serj is interesting to me but I had it ordered on Amazon and recently cancelled my order. I figure I will D/L it first to see if it is worth buying. Mainly because I am broke at the moment. $10 isn't much when I really think about supporting one of my favorite bands.
  • NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
    i heard a couple of tracks on his website... sounds pretty SOAD like... i think im gonna pick it up... Cant hurt!
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
    "the waiting drove me mad..."
  • I´m pretty sure that i´m gonna buy it...
    And i have heard and read some reviews that says that sound like SOAD...

I don´t care... but i would like that SOAd stars Touring again and that they finally play in Mexico City...
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    used to be a huge fan of system... im pretty tired of their sound to be honest

and judging by the single.. no major evolution in that sound is happening on this solo project whatsoever..
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    Yeah i agree i've heard 5 or 6 of the songs, sounds a little like SOAD, but cool in it's own way:)
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    yeh im gonna pick it up for sure
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • DeadmanDeadman Posts: 792
    it's really good, although i'm a pretty big system fan... it's a quirkier system record really
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    I am seeing him open for the FooFighters in the UK next month....should be cool!
  • I'm also gonna pick up this album. I also hope that SOAD's indefinite hiatus doesn't last too long.
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    I´m pretty sure that i´m gonna buy it...
    And i have heard and read some reviews that says that sound like SOAD...

I don´t care... but i would like that SOAd stars Touring again and that they finally play in Mexico City...
    This might not be good news BUT:
    In an interview a few months ago the SOAD guys said they would be going on an extended break. It will be a year or two until they get back together. It sucks but Tankians solo effort is a great record and it will be nice to catch him in concert. Plus the other side projects have been getting positives mentions so they are something to look foward to.
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • I didn't know he was doing a solo album but I love him. (I'm completely out of touch with music these days). I'll look into it. Thanks!
  • bump. :)
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    ive got some serj solo he did with arto tunc boyaciyan a few years back. it's called serart. it's good stuff. so i am interested in this new thing he's done.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Im listening to it now and its awesome
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    Has this leaked yet? I wanna hear it before I buy it.
    Has this leaked yet? I wanna hear it before I buy it. So far it sounds like SOAD, but w/o the crazy changes, and randomness.

Any news on a Malakian solo album. I would be much more interested in that.
    Yes it has leaked, but you can also buy it Tues.Oct.23 :)
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    Yes it has leaked, but you can also buy it Tues.Oct.23 :)

Indeed, but anytime I can give a good artist a first week sales boost, I try to do it. And anybody else can feel free to use that reason as justification for dling it early.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    I hope his duet with Corky Bucheck makes the album!
    Available today, im gonna buy it in a little bit...
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • I have it and I am currently listening to it. Definitely for the fans only! Not too many surprises.. Just glad he is still alive and kicking!
    First listen..........sounds like I thought it would SOAD without an imagination.
    I think it's a good album, not great, but i'll listen to it.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • I think this album a really good. I don't mind SOAD. But i've never picked up any of their albums. I took a chance with this one, and i'm glad i did !!

allmyrivals
    EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0031
    WHAAHYEAH!!
  • kenshunt wrote:
    Who is gonna buy his solo album, i wonder if it's any different then a System of a Down Album.

Nope pretty much the same horrible voice.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • Just listening to it on his site...sounds good to me, I've always liked SOAD. I think these songs have some great lyrics and discuss some pretty intriguing issues...especially The Unthinking Majority
    I'm trying to drink away the part of the day I cannot sleep away...
    Nope pretty much the same horrible voice.

Serj's voice is wicked, but that's my opinion.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    bump, im im getting into this album more and more with each listen
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • OutOfBreathOutOfBreath Posts: 1,804
    Well, it doesnt really grab me. There is a good string of songs from Honking Antelope and the next couple ones. But dont think it will stay in my focus for very long. OK, and a lot like expected.

Peace
    Dan
    "YOU [humans] NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN'T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?" - Death

"Every judgment teeters on the brink of error. To claim absolute knowledge is to become monstrous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty." - Frank Herbert, Dune, 1965
  • I don't know why but I really liked this album. It is SOAD and not at the same time.
    Feed us, Saving us (uhh lack of creativism for song names maybe, I don't know)
    Beethoven's cunt and sky is over are my favorites. Of course empty walls is a nice opener.
    "when one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." Robert Pirsig