Blind Melon

2»

Comments

• LiftedLifted Posts: 1,836
    actually both of them are the exact same song. on nico it's called st. andrew's hall and on soup it's called st. andrew's fall. or it could be the other way around, anyway they are the same.

didn't realize everyone already cleared this up before i responded...yeah.
  • danny72688 wrote:

Also, no disrespect to the two frontmen (Shannon/Layne), but they really fucked the bands over and cut the life of their music far too soon.
    Both of them fought like hell against their addictions. Layne lasted until fucking 2001 which is unbelievable really, and Shannon had nearly made it.. relapse got him :(

Anyway, what SOLAT said about it being like if we lost Ed and the guys kept playing as "pearl jam" is 100% accurate. It's shit and it's disrespectful. AIC I can understand though.. Layne was a big contributer but Jerry was Alice's Roger Waters.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • I like the fact that the remaining members of Blind Melon got back together. Who are we to say that these guys can't fucking play in the band they started? If you don't agree with it, then don't go see it. Simple enough. I saw AIC on the tour last year, and it was amazing. If you go in and don't try to be a close-minded hater, you can actually enjoy hearing some great songs.

Oh, and Mouthful of Cavaties is one of the best songs ever.
    "Strangers passing in the street, by chance two seperate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    Both of them fought like hell against their addictions. Layne lasted until fucking 2001 which is unbelievable really, and Shannon had nearly made it.. relapse got him :(

Anyway, what SOLAT said about it being like if we lost Ed and the guys kept playing as "pearl jam" is 100% accurate. It's shit and it's disrespectful. AIC I can understand though.. Layne was a big contributer but Jerry was Alice's Roger Waters.
    Yeah it's really sad what happened to the both of them, but like I had posted earlier, as long as the replacement isn't some wannabe poser, I'm cool with it. Look at William Duvall, he doesn't try to be Layne, but he can pull off most of the material with his own talent, giving the songs life again. Though it was weird hearing him sing Junkhead... Anyway, I was seeing the surviving members of AIC playing in respect of and to honor Layne (and this is how I'd feel about Blind Melon and if it happened, PJ). Why should the surviving members have to stop playing the music they love and start over because of bad decisions (again no disrespect) by one member?

I honestly do see your guys' point and view though.
  • GillGill Posts: 56
    Pull is amazingly stunning, as is Sleepyhouse. Like the new stuff alright, but in 'For my friends', Travis sounds a bit too-shannon hoon. can't wait to hear what they do next.

It isn't the remaining guys' fault Shannon died. it was a tragedy, but if i remember, Shannon didnt create the band - he was invited to be a vocalist. Correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm pleased they reformed. They were an amazing band with or without Shannon. Shouldn't we wait and see? Anyway, PJ have gone through numerous drummer changes and no one blinked an eyelid!
  • larslars Posts: 524
    Gill wrote:
    Pull is amazingly stunning, as is Sleepyhouse. Like the new stuff alright, but in 'For my friends', Travis sounds a bit too-shannon hoon. can't wait to hear what they do next.

It isn't the remaining guys' fault Shannon died. it was a tragedy, but if i remember, Shannon didnt create the band - he was invited to be a vocalist. Correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm pleased they reformed. They were an amazing band with or without Shannon. Shouldn't we wait and see? Anyway, PJ have gone through numerous drummer changes and no one blinked an eyelid!
    drumming sounds the same....lead vocals don´t. they were an amazing band with shannon
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • danny72688 wrote:
    Yeah it's really sad what happened to the both of them, but like I had posted earlier, as long as the replacement isn't some wannabe poser, I'm cool with it. Look at William Duvall, he doesn't try to be Layne, but he can pull off most of the material with his own talent, giving the songs life again. Though it was weird hearing him sing Junkhead... Anyway, I was seeing the surviving members of AIC playing in respect of and to honor Layne (and this is how I'd feel about Blind Melon and if it happened, PJ). Why should the surviving members have to stop playing the music they love and start over because of bad decisions (again no disrespect) by one member?

I honestly do see your guys' point and view though.
    I noticed that about Duvall. If he was gonna try and sound like Layne I would've fucking lost it but he's doing a good job.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"