Craziest show/concert you've ever been to

2»

Comments

• aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    direwolf74 wrote:
    Fishbone at The Republik in Calgary, 1995. Craziest mosh pit I've ever seen. The place only held about 500 people, and it must have been way over-capacity, because we were jammed in there like sardines. It was ridiculous. Great show though.
    That sounds badass!!!

Are you going to see them this time around?
  • trail of dead at the phoenix in 06
    flaming lips at syracuse state fair 06
    Local H in buffalo 04 and 05
    and disturbed in 00 they stunk so bad and the crowd got rowdy and hit him with a bottle right in the face
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Crazy as in??? Well I'll go with crowd wise. ;) That's no contest. It would have to be KORN & ROB ZOMBIE. Things were ok when Rob took the stage, but as soon as Korn came out?? Mother fucker. Crowd was INSANE!! We were sitting up in the side seats and people were literally gettin TOSSED up there from the floor. :eek: People just flying above you with bloody faces and shit. Every direction you'd look there'd be flying bodies. Wether they were coming towards us, or people were tossing them back into the pit. It was NUTS!! To this day that floor is the craziest one I've ever seen. Wow! Watching it break into several smaller pits...this giant mass of people just marching around as one huge, violent force. It was complete craziness. I'd never witnessed anything like that before and I can't say I wish to again. :p
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,216
    Craziest? It's a toss up:

Dodging floor fans and mic stands at a Dillinger Escape Plan show or the hands-down most brutal pit I've ever seen at a Life Of Agony show.
  • clayton12clayton12 Posts: 335
    The Black Lips in Atlanta last thursday
    Unreal
  • 1st Tibetan Freedom show when RATM took the stage was out of control. The largest circle pits I've ever seen. Plus they were sooo intense.

SP in 93 at a small club called La Luna. Everyone was packed in there, some guy behind me started licking the back of my head :eek: I gave him a reverse headbutt and his nose started spewing blood everywhere.

Blind Melon / PJ / Neil Young in 93
    Worked my way to Front row through a mosh pit of 20,000 people. Hardest work I've ever done.
    NERDS!
  • back in the 80's people used to bring fireworks in all the time but this one RUSH show in buffalo was really bad. i had floor seats and usually it was only small time fireworks. this show had a huge amount of m-80's and t-2000's big bangers were being thrown down all night one here one there huge blasts. i saw a couple people get what looked like an ear blown off and back then was hair-ville every guy and chick had hairspray galore going on and a few got engulfed in flames from the blasts. i had a tough time watching the show because i had to keep watching out for sparks coming down.. the only way to tell it was coming at you..so about halfway through i see it coming straight at me a huge trail of spark...and i dive on top of a shitload of people to get out of the way... it turned out to be a drink cup someone lit and not a bomb....embarrassing moment but the people understood why i dove on them :)
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • BlyssBlyss Posts: 166
    Ryan Adams about a year ago- if you have seen ryan adams in the past year or so, you will know what i mean.. he was a little in his words "volatile", i also got punched by some other woman who was off her face and thought i was starring at her; so yes a stupid fight insteed of listening to shakedown on 9th street, wasn't a great night.
    I'm not into really death metal or anything so this is about my limit.
  • 1st Tibetan Freedom show when RATM took the stage was out of control. The largest circle pits I've ever seen. Plus they were sooo intense.

I'm gonna quote myself because I just found a video of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKat0DKJ0VE&mode=related&search=

I remember being close to the FSUN sign in the pit. Absolutely nuts. You can see the circle pits forming.
    NERDS!
  • I think the craziest show i went to was disturbed in December 05 at the electric factory. It was my first time there, and I love Disturbed so I was excited.

I went backstage to meet the band *for the second time*, and they signed some shit for me. Then while going out to the front, I saw a guy without his shirt... I turned to my friends and went "wait.. .is he green?" It was Lizardman.

It was fuckin awesome, he posed for a pic with me and my friends...

then at the show he did some crazy shit + the show was just amazing.

Also, the BEST concert I went to was a few weeks ago, it was Aaron Lewis doing just acoustic. So damn amazing... I loved when he sung black and stuff.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/Littlebigman17/lizardman.jpg im in the shirt that says LITTLE BIG MAN ;)
  • GoBuckyGoBucky Posts: 198
    Ministry at the Aragon in Chicago in '96...hometown boys doing their first headline tour in 4 years...people were being carried out on stretchers left and right. Amazing show amazing pits...Ministry f'in rocks!
  • toddiet123toddiet123 Posts: 271
    I will keep it short.

I went to see Mono (Japan) at a small art gallery in Providence RI called AS220.

As the band started the last song 4+ police officers busted in to the venue w/guns out. They were yelling to stop the music and everyone to put up their hands etc. There was only like 100 people there but it was scary as hell.

The cops ran around the club for a few minutes then someone yells "There he goes" and the cops run out of the club in to the steet.

The band never finished and we were all asked to leave.

Come to find out the next day that a guy had stolen a gun from a cop and shot him in the police station that was 1/2 a block down the street. He jumped out the window and fled to the first "open place" he found and asked they call him a cab.

Scariest concert moment ever. I didn't tell my wife about it for months as I was sure she'd never let me go to a show again. I go to 99% of concerts alone because I tape them.

I have a far longer version I typed up..so if you wanna read it I'll PM it to you...
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    I'm gonna quote myself because I just found a video of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKat0DKJ0VE&mode=related&search=

I remember being close to the FSUN sign in the pit. Absolutely nuts. You can see the circle pits forming.

Here's another one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwbesCuzBTE

Amazing show. I was one of the "blue shirts" in this video. We were pulling out over 100 people per minute. Crazy fucking show! Both days were amazing but nothing like Rage! I still have the entire set of Rage and the RHCP on VHS in storage. One of the best boots ever (just for RATM, the Peppers blew that day!)
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
    My craziest show was seeing Rammstein open for KMFDM not knowing who the fuck Rammstein were. It was a tiny club in Palo Alto (name escapes me, but I also saw Hovercraft there). I could not believe these fucking guys were doing pyro in a tiny ass club. Lead singer sets himself on fire, one of the guitarist's crowd sufs in an inflatable raft, and then the giant inflatable penis that shot out an unknown substance. Yeah, not going to see Rammstein anytime soon.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

• mookie9999 wrote:
    Here's another one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwbesCuzBTE

Amazing show. I was one of the "blue shirts" in this video. We were pulling out over 100 people per minute. Crazy fucking show! Both days were amazing but nothing like Rage! I still have the entire set of Rage and the RHCP on VHS in storage. One of the best boots ever (just for RATM, the Peppers blew that day!)

I was gonna say that the peppers blew as well. Didn't they have their 2 month guitar player at that show, Arik Marshall?

Once the Peppers started everyone just kind of looked around and headed for the gate. BTW I love RHCP but to follow RATM was pointless.
    NERDS!
  • luxpjamerluxpjamer Posts: 837
    I think the craziest Show I ever saw was...hum,hum, I have to admit it one day,....sorry,....The....Bloodhound gang for the hooray for boobies tour...They are really crazy...they just can play music but their show is something you have to see...they pee on each other, they play half of the set naked ( things they are not doing in the Staates ). This combo is just disturbed...but someways funny.
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
    I was gonna say that the peppers blew as well. Didn't they have their 2 month guitar player at that show, Arik Marshall?

Once the Peppers started everyone just kind of looked around and headed for the gate. BTW I love RHCP but to follow RATM was pointless.

I think you're right about the guitarist. To be honest the only time I actually sat through their set was that day because I was paid to be there. Everytime I watch the video I watch all of Rage and then turn it off. RHCP should have closed out the day before or went on before Rage. Any other time was pointless.
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"