finally going to see tool in concert

jdub3001jdub3001 Posts: 194
edited April 2007 in Other Music
So I got tickets today to see tool next month in Ft. Worth. I can't freaking wait! The past couple years I have been trying to get to one of their gigs, but every time they are playing near me something comes up that prevents me from going. Not this time! It's gonna be awesome!

Comments

• korbykorby Posts: 298
    ya, i wanna go too
    its ok
  • JSP552003JSP552003 Posts: 222
    i got my tickets for the bossier city show saturday...gonna be freakin awesome..does anyone know who's gonna be opening on this tour?
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    jdub3001 wrote:
    So I got tickets today to see tool next month in Ft. Worth. I can't freaking wait! The past couple years I have been trying to get to one of their gigs, but every time they are playing near me something comes up that prevents me from going. Not this time! It's gonna be awesome!

You're right jdub!! It's gonna be AWESOME!!!! :D

Enjoy!! :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    awesome is an understatement. i saw them in january and i'm still thinking about it. plus i can still see it in my mind.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    awesome is an understatement. i saw them in january and i'm still thinking about it. plus i can still see it in my mind.
    Agreed, the way that they added layers to the lights and visuals each son was amazing, and when the entire stage show was underway it was breathtakingly beautiful. The green lasers were awesome.
    That said, to the original poster, don't try and run into Maynard, from what I've heard it'll ruin your night :rolleyes::p
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
    Binaural wrote:
    Agreed, the way that they added layers to the lights and visuals each son was amazing, and when the entire stage show was underway it was breathtakingly beautiful. The green lasers were awesome.
    That said, to the original poster, don't try and run into Maynard, from what I've heard it'll ruin your night :rolleyes::p

in sydney it was an indoor venue and the whole mosh was covered in this laser net. it was awesome. when i saw them a week later in melbourne at an outdoor venue, the lasers went neverending out into the night. so so cool.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • OdinOdin Posts: 599
    Hell yeah, brother!
  • jdub3001jdub3001 Posts: 194
    Binaural wrote:

I take it he's somewhat of a tool?

:D

Wow that one was horrible...
    jdub3001 wrote:
    I take it he's somewhat of a tool?

:D

Wow that one was horrible...
    Don't sweat it, simplicity works :D
    But yeah, apparently a major dick, though for artistic reasons. He's a wierd one :rolleyes:

Dublin 08/06
  • I saw them last September. Thought the show was rather bland. That's my opinion tho.

Make your life a mission - not an intermission. - Arnold Gasglow
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,249
    does anybody know when tickets will go on sale for the ATLANTIC CITY show on 6/9 any info greatly appreciated thanks ......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • JibitiJibiti Posts: 265
    Gonna see them for the first time at Summerfest this year, and on the 4th of July!
    6.30.06 - Marcus Ampitheatre (Summerfest),
    9.03-04.11 PJ20!!!
    7.19.13 - Wrigley!!!
    10.19.14, 10.20.14 (Yield!!)
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    presale for London Brixton Academy gig 21st August opened there:
    http://www.livenation.co.uk/events/index.aspx?bgr=1&rid=174114

bagged myself 2 :)
  • RabbitrocksRabbitrocks Posts: 101
    Pegasus wrote:
    presale for London Brixton Academy gig 21st August opened there:
    http://www.livenation.co.uk/events/index.aspx?bgr=1&rid=174114

bagged myself 2 :)

2 in my bag too! :D

Cheers for the link :)
  • xscorchoxscorcho Posts: 409
    going to both san diego shows next week... cant wait.
    xscorcho wrote:
    going to both san diego shows next week... cant wait.
    Got tickets today to see them at a 4,900 capacity venue :D:D:D

Dublin 08/06
    Binaural wrote:
    Got tickets today to see them at a 4,900 capacity venue :D:D:D

That sounds pretty sweet. Last year they played at a 2500 seat theatre here in Dallas. I tried to get tickets, but they sold out on about 20 seconds or so.

Stupid small venues.

Yes, I am still somewhat bitter.
    jdub3001 wrote:
    That sounds pretty sweet. Last year they played at a 2500 seat theatre here in Dallas. I tried to get tickets, but they sold out on about 20 seconds or so.

Stupid small venues.

Yes, I am still somewhat bitter.
    Did they announce it to the TOOLarmy? Im only askin because I've found noone outside this board that knows about it, even the TOOLshed site knows nothing. Don't get me wrong its cool that this way means scalpers get no heads up but still.

Dublin 08/06
    the green eyed monster is rearing its ugly head inside me. you lucky bastards. :D:D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    looking for any info on the TOOL show in ATLANTIC CITY 6/9 can anyone let me know when tickets go on sale i can't get any info from any other sites.......
    looking for any info on the TOOL show in ATLANTIC CITY 6/9 can anyone let me know when tickets go on sale i can't get any info from any other sites.......

Tickets went on sale 4/28 at 10:00am thru ticketmaster.
  • looking for any info on the TOOL show in ATLANTIC CITY 6/9 can anyone let me know when tickets go on sale i can't get any info from any other sites.......
    tix went on sale on saturday. presale for toolarmy members was on friday.
    and i just checked ticketmaster and could not get one.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
    tix went on sale on saturday. presale for toolarmy members was on friday.
    and i just checked ticketmaster and could not get one.

i know fuck now i will have to go the scalping route .........
  • jdub3001 wrote:
    saw them twice last year AMAZING enjoy!
    A couple questions for people that have seen them already:

How long are their sets usually? I'm pretty excited for this show, but I'm gonna be bummed if they play a short set and call it a night...

Do they play a good variety of songs from new and old albums, and do they switch up their setlists? I'm wondering if they are one of those bands that puts together a setlist and plays it for entire tours...
    jdub3001 wrote:
    A couple questions for people that have seen them already:

How long are their sets usually? I'm pretty excited for this show, but I'm gonna be bummed if they play a short set and call it a night...

Do they play a good variety of songs from new and old albums, and do they switch up their setlists? I'm wondering if they are one of those bands that puts together a setlist and plays it for entire tours...
    There is very little variation in their setlists from show to show however this isn't like Metallica-Syndrome, i.e. laziness, TOOL have a complex lights and visuals stage show organised for certain songs so they can't do what Pj do and decide on the night "Hey let's play Opiate". The show is around 2 hours maybe a bit more.
    Whatever you do DO NOT get bummed out about the fact that they don't vary the setlist, trust me this show is going to be one of the greatest gigs you've attended in your life. BTW, they sell HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE posters of Alex Grey's artwork at the gig, I mean absolutely massive, and they sold them for around £15 (works out to around $25), well worth if you wanna pick up some merch :D

Dublin 08/06
    Binaural wrote:
    There is very little variation in their setlists from show to show however this isn't like Metallica-Syndrome, i.e. laziness, TOOL have a complex lights and visuals stage show organised for certain songs so they can't do what Pj do and decide on the night "Hey let's play Opiate". The show is around 2 hours maybe a bit more.
    Whatever you do DO NOT get bummed out about the fact that they don't vary the setlist, trust me this show is going to be one of the greatest gigs you've attended in your life. BTW, they sell HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE posters of Alex Grey's artwork at the gig, I mean absolutely massive, and they sold them for around £15 (works out to around $25), well worth if you wanna pick up some merch :D

If they have posters there I am definitely going to pick one up.
  • Anyone have the set list from any of the past few nights shows?

Im just wondering how different it is from the shows last fall (I read in an interview that they were gonna change it up a bit)
    2004 - 10/1, 10/11
    2005 - 9/15, 9/16, 9/30, 10/1, 10/3
    2006 - 5/5, 5/12, 5/13, 5/27, 5/28, 5/30, 6/1, 6/3, 6/23, 7/22, 7/23, 12/2
    2007 - 6/27, 8/3
    2008 - 6/14, 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/24, 6/25, 6/27, 6/28, 6/30, 7/1
    Anyone have the set list from any of the past few nights shows?

Im just wondering how different it is from the shows last fall (I read in an interview that they were gonna change it up a bit)

Did some googling, most recent I could find was May 2006.
    They've been chucking in Opiate and Swamp randomly but thats it.
    Songs this tour are:
    Stinkfist
    Jambi
    46 & 2
    Vicarious
    Opiate
    Swamp
    Wings For Marie
    10,000 Days Wings Pt 2
    Right In Two
    The Pot
    Lateralus
    Rosetta Stoned

They'll play between 9 and 11 songs but don't worry "we're not fucking Green Day, a song can last 20 minutes" :D They have hinted about dropping in Ticks & Leeches and Parabol into their sets but no appearance yet.

Dublin 08/06