top ten albums all time

Comments

• pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    i wouldn't have felt bad about leaving 75% of those off the list. maybe even more. whats with all the rap?

I think the better question is whats with you asking about me having rap albums on the list?
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,836
    I think the better question is whats with you asking about me having rap albums on the list?

well maybe if you talk about the top four rap albums of all time.....you could argue they should make it in the top 50 albums of all time......i'm gonna say off the top of my head they are.......
    fugees- the score
    nas- illmatic
    bone thugs - e 1999 eternal
    doggystyle/the chronic (can't choose between those two)

anyway.....i know it's becoming a big part of our culture, but musically i just don't think rap can't compete with all the great rock and jazz albums we've had in the past 50 years.............but it's a matter of opinion and you're entitled to your own. i'm just being an argumentitive dickead right now. but that's how i feel. i will say however that whats the story and definitely maybe are better than any rap album ever made if it makes you feel better.

furthermore i think i stated in the thread starter that this is your "personal favorites" list so don't mind me. you can like what you want. i guess i just like giving people a hard time.
    well maybe if you talk about the top four rap albums of all time.....you could argue they should make it in the top 50 albums of all time......i'm gonna say off the top of my head they are.......
    fugees- the score
    nas- illmatic
    bone thugs - e 1999 eternal
    doggystyle/the chronic (can't choose between those two)

anyway.....i know it's becoming a big part of our culture, but musically i just don't think rap can't compete with all the great rock and jazz albums we've had in the past 50 years.............but it's a matter of opinion and you're entitled to your own. i'm just being an argumentitive dickead right now. but that's how i feel. i will say however that whats the story and definitely maybe are better than any rap album ever made if it makes you feel better.

furthermore i think i stated in the thread starter that this is your "personal favorites" list so don't mind me. you can like what you want. i guess i just like giving people a hard time.

I feel the rap albums I listed are better than half your list so need to question what I put on my list
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

I feel the rap albums I listed are better than half your list so need to question what I put on my list

whatever dude....you think oasis is the second coming of the beatles. i don't need to prove myself to you. you probably haven't even listened to half of my list. peace, good talking to you.
    whatever dude....you think oasis is the second coming of the beatles. i don't need to prove myself to you. you probably haven't even listened to half of my list. peace, good talking to you.

First of all, please find where I stated that Oasis is the second coming of The Beatles. And yes, I have listened that half of your list.......most of the full albums in fact.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,853
    everyone's always picking on poor little ol' pjoasisrule in the other music forum. leave the little bugger alone.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    There's no way I can only come up with 10, so here's my list:

Tom Waits- Rain Dogs
    The Band- Music From Big Pink
    The Tragically Hip- Day for Night
    Rheostatics- Whale Music
    Bruce Springsteen- Nebraska
    The Weakerthans- Left & Leaving
    Wilco- Summerteeth
    U2- Achtung Baby
    Nirvana- Nevermind
    Guns N' Roses- Appetite for Destruction
    Lowest of the Low- Shakespeare, My Butt
    Arcade Fire- Funeral
    The Doors- The Doors
    Radiohead- Ok Computer
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse- Everybody Knows this is Nowhere
    The Clash- London Calling
    Pearl Jam- Vs.
    The Beatles- Revolver
    Led Zeppelin II
    Bob Dylan- Blood on the Tracks
    R.E.M.- Automatic for the People
    Steve Earle- I Feel Alright
    Skydiggers- Restless

...just to name a few.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    Yur list is mucho blimpo
    1. Songs for the Deaf- QotSA
    2. De Stijl- The White Stripes
    3. Vs.- Pearl Jam
    4. Queens of the Stone Age- QotSA
    5. The White Stripes- The White Stripes
    6. Vitalogy- Pearl Jam
    7. Blues for the Red Sun- Kyuss
    8. ...And the Circus Leaves Town- Kyuss
    9. R- QotSA
    10. Random vintage music to give list credibility- Who's Next- The Who

If you mock my list I will put your wang/vagina in a vice. No one can resist SftD.
  • funkymonkfunkymonk Posts: 279
    RHCP - BSSM
    RHCP - Californication
    Pearl Jam - Vs
    Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers
    Radiohead - OK Computer
    U2 - Achtung Baby
    Queens of the Stone Age - Songs for the Deaf
    Guns N' Roses - Appetite for Destruction
    AC/DC - Back in Black
    Tragically Hip - Phantom Power
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    pearl jam (by a country mile)
    led zeppelin
    radiohead
    the beatles
    the velvet underground
    manic street preachers
    king crimson
    queens of the stone age
    bob dylan
    tv on the radio
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    i will say however that whats the story and definitely maybe are better than any rap album ever made if it makes you feel better.
    that's actually hilarious. both cracking albums but in no way are they better than every rap album ever made. oasis did a great job of ripping off their idols left right and centre. you can't then claim that their albums are better than revolutionary albums like Illmatic or The Low End Theory by A Tribe Called Quest (which by the way is an extension of jazz as a genre anyway)
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    lateralus
    aenima
    kid a
    dark side of the moon
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    that's actually hilarious. both cracking albums but in no way are they better than every rap album ever made. oasis did a great job of ripping off their idols left right and centre. you can't then claim that their albums are better than revolutionary albums like Illmatic or The Low End Theory by A Tribe Called Quest (which by the way is an extension of jazz as a genre anyway)

whoa buddy... first of all i can "claim" whatever i want. second of all i don't know why you have to make a big deal out of this. neither of those albums are one of my personal favorites although i do like them a lot. i was just making the statement to say something nice to pjoasis cause i felt mildly bad about ripping on all the rap albums he had on his list. anyway i agree with you that illmatic was an excellent album, i personally am not much of a rap fan, but i can appreciate it. i don't know if i'd call it revolutionary but it was definitely one of best rap albums ever made. can't say that i can comment on the tribe album cause i don't know much about it, but all that being said i personally would rather listen to oasis than any rap music so therefore for me i like those albums better. i don't think any rap album is worthy of a top ten greatest albums ever made list but that's just my opinion.............but hey...thanks for letting me know that i can't like oasis better than nas and tribe. i'll keep that in mind next time i'm rocking out to columbia.

oh and by the way you don't need to be making statements about how oasis rips off their idols. we all know they were hugely influenced by the beatles and the stone roses, but every bands sound is influenced by what they listen to. oasis just happens to be more up front about it. their first two albums were classics.
  • robowskirobowski Posts: 143
    i 'll go with in no particular order:

1. pearl jam - vs.
    2. death cab for cutie - transatlanticism
    3. neil young - live rust
    4. seven mary three - american standard
    5. alice in chains - dirt
    6. audioslave - self titled
    7. jack johnson - in between dreams
    8. guns n roses - appetite for destruction
    9. brad - welcome to discovery park
    10. pearl jam - lost dogs
    As you live your life in sometimes quiet desperation, facing adversity and tragedy: if you have hope and love, that mixture helps you overcome that tragedy and go on with the rest of your life.”
    --Jack Lengyel
  • deadnotedeadnote Posts: 1,678
    SLEEPING AT LAST ghosts and keep no score
    pearl jam ten
    sixpence unsure of title
    cat power - two albums
    mazzy star three albums
    brandy carlysle unsure of title
    set your laughter free

dreamer in my dream

we got the guns

i love you,but im..............callin out.........callin out
  • Matty BoyMatty Boy Posts: 421
    My list is in no particular order.

Appetite For Destruction-Gun N' Roses
    Sticky Fingers-The Rolling Stones
    Cosmo's Factory-CCR
    The Doors-The Doors
    Who's Next-The Who
    Led Zeppelin IV-Led Zeppelin
    Muswell Hillbillies-The Kinks
    Electric Ladyland-Jimi Hendrix
    Let It Bleed-The Rolling Stones
    Are You Experienced-Jimi Hendrix
  • 1. My Morning Jacket - At Dawn

THEY RIDE
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • TheEvolutionTheEvolution Posts: 143
    Pearl Jam-Vs
    Pearl Jam- Vitology
    Soundgarden- Superunknown
    The Doors- The Doors
    Stone Temple Pilots- Purple
    Pearl Jam- Ten
    Smashing Pumkins- Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
    Outkast- Stankonia
    Temple of The Dog-Temple of the Dog
    Red Hot Chili Peppers- Californication

It was very hard to pick ten...i had a few that were border line on making the list:
    -The Doors-LA woman
    -STP- No. 4
    -Hendrix- Are you Experienced
    -Kings of Leon- Because of the Times
    -The Strokes- Is this It
    tough list haha
    "Being undecided...it's dangerous. And I'll give you a perfect example: people with mullets, that's indecision."-EV

9/28/05-PNC
    5/30/06-DC
    6/23/06-Pittsburgh
  • RoeghmannRoeghmann Posts: 968
    In random order, otherwise impossible

PJ - no code
    Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon collie....
    Kashmir- Zitilites
    Metallica - metallica
    Tool - ænimea
    PJ - Vitalogy
    Temple of the dog
    Red hot chili peppers - blood sugar....
    Radiohead - ok computer
    Keith Caputo - died laughing

that is the current one....
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh see the world.
  • tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    in no order...

pj- ten
    rhcp- californication
    nirvana- nevermind
    metallica- master of puppets
    led zeppelin- 2
    alice in chains- dirt
    stone temple pilots- purple
    Soundgarden- Superunknown
    The Doors- The Doors
    Gun N' Roses- Appetite For Destruction
  • My top 10 right now:

01. The Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie...
    02. Foo Fighters - The Colour & The Shape
    03. Pearl Jam - Vitalogy
    04. Silverchair - Neon Ballroom
    05. Nine Inch Nails - The Fragile
    06. The White Stripes - Icky Thump
    07. Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin II
    08. Megadeth - Rust In Peace
    09. Pearl Jam - Pearl Jam
    10. Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero
    If you're headed to the grave,
    you don't blame the hearse.

07/09/03, 05/05/06, 06/01/06, 06/03/06
    My top 10 right now:

01. The Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie...
    02. Foo Fighters - The Colour & The Shape
    03. Pearl Jam - Vitalogy
    04. Silverchair - Neon Ballroom
    05. Nine Inch Nails - The Fragile
    06. The White Stripes - Icky Thump
    07. Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin II
    08. Megadeth - Rust In Peace
    09. Pearl Jam - Pearl Jam
    10. Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero

WTF: De Stijl makes Icky Thump look like a Raffi album.
  • Alex_Coe wrote:
    WTF: De Stijl makes Icky Thump look like a Raffi album.

Don't worry... De Stijl is in my top 20, but I LOVE Icky Thump right now.
    If you're headed to the grave,
    you don't blame the hearse.

07/09/03, 05/05/06, 06/01/06, 06/03/06
  • jhawk98jhawk98 Posts: 145
    In no order, these are the ones that I always come back to...

The Black Crowes -Amorica
    Bob Dylan - Blonde On Blonde
    Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
    The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
    Son Volt- Trace
    The Rolling Stones - Beggar's Banquet
    The Black Crowes - The Southern Harmony & Musical Companion
    Prince & The Revolution - Purple Rain
    Bob Dylan - Bringing It All Back Home
    the Rolling Stones - Exile On Main Street
    rock chalk
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    but hey...thanks for letting me know that i can't like oasis better than nas and tribe. i'll keep that in mind next time i'm rocking out to columbia.
    I don't recall ever telling you that you couldn't like oasis better than nas or atcq, I merely said that the statement that there are no rap albums better than those two albums is ridiculous, in spite of the fact that I like both of the albums. rap music is a whole genre, with some amazing music and some pure shite. I'm just interested as to how you have come to the conclusion, never having even heard an album by a tribe called quest that there is no album in the entire rap canon that is better than the first two oasis albums. I'd never make such an assumption. I can honestly say that I have never heard a country album that is better than illmatic but it doesn't mean there isn't one.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • larslars Posts: 524
    Pearl Jam - Ten
    Carcass - Necroticism descanting the insalubrious
    Helmet - Meantime
    Afghan Whigs - Gentlemen
    Nuclear Assault - Handle with care
    Paw - Dragline
    Blind Melon - Blind melon
    Vision of disorder - Vision of disorder
    Metallica - ...and justice for all
    Alice in chains - Dirt
    Soundgarden - Badmotorfinger
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • Tek MoneyTek Money Posts: 642
    Currently my favorites:

Rheostatics - Melville
    Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
    Wilco - Summerteeth
    Uncle Tulpelo - Anodyne
    The Decemberists - Her Majesty the Decemberists
    The Flaming Lips - The Soft Bulletin
    Justin Timberlake - FutureSex/LoveSounds
    Modest Mouse - We were Dead before the Ship Even Sank
    Neko Case - Fox Confessor Brings the Flood
    Old Crow Medicine Show - S/T
    Cock Fight.
  • trammeustrammeus Posts: 124
    (no particular order):

Sgt. Pepper, Beatles
    Pink Moon, Nick Drake
    S/T,Velvet Underground & Nico
    OK Computer, Radiohead
    A love Supreme, John Coltrane
    Giant Steps, John Coltrane
    Spiderland, Slint
    Ocean Songs, Dirty Three
    Closer, Joy Division
    The piper at the gates of Dawn, Pink Floyd
    Verona 93 - Milan 96 - Barcelona 96 - Verona 00 - Milan 00 - Turin 06 - Berlin 06 - Lisbon 07 - Madrid 07 - Katowice 07 - London 07 - Werchter 07
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    I merely said that the statement that there are no rap albums better than those two albums is ridiculous, in spite of the fact that I like both of the albums. rap music is a whole genre, with some amazing music and some pure shite. I'm just interested as to how you have come to the conclusion, never having even heard an album by a tribe called quest that there is no album in the entire rap canon that is better than the first two oasis albums.

i don't know why you wanna argue with me on which music i prefer. this is all personal preference here. it's not like this is going to be published in a book or anything. i just happen to not like rap music and personally i would rather listen to the first two oasis albums over any rap cd.....sorry didn't know it was a crime.