Comments

• yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    stpmattb wrote:
    Core: Dead and Bloated, Creep
    Purple: Still Remains, Big Empty
    Tiny Music: Seven Caged Tigers, Trippin
    No 4: Atlanta, I Got You
    SLDD: Bi-polar Bear

Interesting see you here. And some good choices.

Core: Piece of Pie (gotta love the base line), Crackerman
    Purple: Army Ants
    Tiny Music: Adhesive, Seven Caged Tigers
    No. 4: Atlanta, Glide
    SLDD: Hello It's Late, Bi-Polar Bear, Too Cool Queenie, Transmissions From a Lonely Room

Sorry. I cheated, but I couldn't just pick one.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Seven Caged Tigers
    Silvergun Superman
    Interstate Love Song
    Vasoline
    Kitchenware and Candybars
    Tumble in the Rough
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • bestsanebestsane Posts: 131
    Trippin on a hole..

Lady Picture Show

the DeLeo brothers are very underrated songwriters/musicians, in my humble opinion

Yes, I truly damn agree. The DeLeo brothers are like the songwriting combo like Lennon/McCarthy, Waters/Gilmore, etc. Their songwriting is a lot fucking better than Cobain.
  • Meatplow
  • tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    Plush, creep, sex type thing
    interstate love song, unglued, army ants, vaseline, big empty, meatplow, kitchenware and candybars
    lady picture show, big bang baby
    down, atlanta, glide
    too cool queenie and bi polar bear

i think the weakest point on stp was eric kretz, he´s just an average drummer, but his work fit well in the group...

and plush is their best album...
  • creep
    29/05/00 -Wembley
    20/04/06 - The Astoria alley crew + got to shake Ed's hand
    25/04/06 -Jools Show + got Mike's autograph
    27/08/06- 07/09/06- 09/09/06-13/09/06-17/09/06-13/06/07-18/06/07
    ...Three crooked hearts and swirls all around...
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    my favorite STP songs are
    Coma
    Kitchenware and Candybars
    Sin
    Piece of Pie
    Where the River Goes
    Still Remains
    Down (I love this song in concert)
    Unglued
    Lounge Fly

It's too hard because I love all of their stuff....
  • the entire tiny music album, their best by far IMO
    yeah i love this album too, took me a while but it was worth it, fantastic album.
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
    tonadax wrote:
    i think the weakest point on stp was eric kretz, he´s just an average drummer, but his work fit well in the group...

First, I don't agree about Kretz. He's a very good drummer, just far from flashy. If you listen carefully, you'll here him do some pretty impressive stuff.

Second, there is no album Plush. I think you mean Core.
  • tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    tonadax wrote:
    Plush, creep, sex type thing

i mind purple not plush, this vodka/orange it´s killing me....
  • stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    Seeing Army of Anyone cover Vasoline, Big Bang Baby and Piece of Pie last night has made me really really really sad.
  • Top 10 fav. STP songs in order....

1. Silvergun Superman
    2. Still Remains
    3. Atlanta
    4. Glide
    5. Interstate Love Song
    6. Tumble in the Rough
    7. Piece of Pie
    8. Pruno
    9. Meat Plow
    10. Lady Picture Show
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
    stpmattb wrote:
    Seeing Army of Anyone cover Vasoline, Big Bang Baby and Piece of Pie last night has made me really really really sad.

Hey, what time did AoA go on? Cause I have tickets for tomorrow nights show, but, I have to travel about 4 hours to get there, so if I can miss the opener I will. It says doors open 6:30, so what time would you suggest I get there?
  • alobaralobar Posts: 310
    Top 10 fav. STP songs in order....

1. Silvergun Superman
    2. Still Remains
    3. Atlanta
    4. Glide
    5. Interstate Love Song
    6. Tumble in the Rough
    7. Piece of Pie
    8. Pruno
    9. Meat Plow
    10. Lady Picture Show

I totally agree with yout first 2.
    Pretty good list overal.
    "I wanna believe in the mercy of the world again."

WAR + MAGIC BEANS = PEACE
    yosi wrote:
    Hey, what time did AoA go on? Cause I have tickets for tomorrow nights show, but, I have to travel about 4 hours to get there, so if I can miss the opener I will. It says doors open 6:30, so what time would you suggest I get there?

That all depends on if Hurt is back on the tour yet. If Hurt is NOT playing, then they will go on at 9:25. If Hurt is playing, they won't be going on until 10:15 - 10:30. I hope you have a great time - I know you'll enjoy the STP songs.
    stpmattb wrote:
    That all depends on if Hurt is back on the tour yet. If Hurt is NOT playing, then they will go on at 9:25. If Hurt is playing, they won't be going on until 10:15 - 10:30. I hope you have a great time - I know you'll enjoy the STP songs.

That late, huh? The doors open at 6:30. What takes them so long to get on stage?

To be honest, I kind of wish they wouldn't play STP or Filter songs. I'd rather them just play AoA. But, if they have to play STP, I'll obviously rock out.
    yosi wrote:
    That late, huh? The doors open at 6:30. What takes them so long to get on stage?

To be honest, I kind of wish they wouldn't play STP or Filter songs. I'd rather them just play AoA. But, if they have to play STP, I'll obviously rock out.

Yeah, I got lucky the other night because Hurt was sick, so they didn't play. There are 4 bands on the tour (Neurosonic, Dropping Daylight, Hurt and AOA). Doors at are 6:30, Neurosonic goes on at 7:30, Dropping Daylight 8:20, Hurt 9:20ish and AOA an hour later.
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,881
    I've been into Big Bang Baby since I heard AOA do it. Can't wait I'm going to Hartford on Sat to see them again, they were awesome in Philly! And i got meet and greet passes too, sweetness.

Love the Filter songs - Take A picture was amazing live!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

stpmattb wrote:

Yea, they didn't get on until about 10:15. Cool venue with a bar/lounge downstairs, and venue upstairs. The band was pretty fucking good I have to say. Really enjoyed the STP stuff. And they fucking played Used to Know Her and tagged the Rain Song at the end, it was fucking amazing. They also did this improvisational/instrumental jam that had the funkiest bass line with Dean just shredding it was awesome. It was also cool cause you never got to see Dean and Rob just jam with STP, so it was very cool to see them do that kind of stuff. Take a Picture was surprisingly great, one of the highlights for me. But, all in all, RP is kind of bland, and Ray Luzier is way too flashy. I wish he would chill out, and stop with all the stick throwing/flipping. But still a very fun concert.
  • BeavBeav Posts: 223
    I've been listening to Purple a lot lately because we're covering Vasoline and Big Empty in a band. Damn I forgot how good this album is.
    "Sooner or later you'll bare your teeth"
    www.myspace.com/volinic
    www.myspace.com/zane26 (band)