The heaviest metal song

Comments

• illfatedillfated Posts: 65
    Ministry - Just One Fix...From Psalm 69...
  • Matt83Matt83 Posts: 7
    Melvins - Boris
    Melvins - Charmicarmicat

:)
  • MacDDTMacDDT Posts: 2
    Bad News - "Masterbike"
    Morrison - Some are born to sweet delight , some are born to the endless night...end of the night
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    War Pigs
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • bestsanebestsane Posts: 131
    glasshouse wrote:
    dude, no offense, but what don't you understand given "the heaviest metal song?

Ace of spades doesn't even count as metal, it is straight up hard rock.

let's try as some soulfly - Max Cavalera still has the biggest voice in the game

Hey dude, don't you wanna mention the fucking Mastodon?
  • DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    I remember somebody posted a link to a youtube clip of Cannibal Corpse performing a song called "I Cum Blood." That was pretty heavy. I felt like I had done something wrong merely by watching it. Try that one.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
    DocChicago wrote:
    I remember somebody posted a link to a youtube clip of Cannibal Corpse performing a song called "I Cum Blood." That was pretty heavy. I felt like I had done something wrong merely by watching it. Try that one.

Yeah, that's heavy. Credits to you Doc!
  • MojopinMojopin Posts: 216
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    no one beats SYL for sheer weight of sound.

my vote goes to All Hail The New Flesh though, closely followed by Oh My Fucking God.

Definitely! I just think this one blows your mind, because its so fucking heavy, and they're like, laughing at anyone else who would dare try and be that heavy...

At least that's how I interpreted it :)

Mojo
    "A consistently good band works all the different elements well. A song has to appeal sentimentally, intellectually, physically, viscerally, and dig deep down into your soul and suck you into it. And after that, of course, it'd be a matter of taste." ~ Kim Thayil from Soundgarden
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    bestsane wrote:
    Hey dude, don't you wanna mention the fucking Mastodon?

yes
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • motley crue smokin' in the boys room
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • ArctangentArctangent Posts: 614
    It's cool to not like Muse but thats just a false statement. Stolkholm Syndrome is very heavy.

so is plug-in baby. anyone who thinks muse aren't heavy have not listened to them.

as for arguing about genres? motörhead? straight hard rock? well, hard rock is just another heavy metal genre. motörhead are heavy as fuck.
  • InkdaubInkdaub Posts: 235
    Try...

Electric Wizard
    Sunno))))
    Boris
    Godflesh

You'll find some heavy stuff on any of these band's records.
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Open yer metal minds!

Opeth anyone??

The Baying of the Hounds... Godhead's Lament

Nevermore - Born
    Amon Amarth - Death in Fire / Pursuit of Vikings
    Anything by Naglfar
    cannibal corpse - fresh entrails ripped from a virgin's cunt

anything by ZZ Top :p
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Jennytree wrote:
    Open yer metal minds!

Opeth anyone??

Nevermore - Born
    Anything by Naglfar

anything by ZZ Top :p

Naglfar are fucking immense :D
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Jennytree wrote:
    Open yer metal minds!

Opeth anyone??

Nevermore - Born
    Anything by Naglfar

All of these are good. I particularly am a fan of opeth and amon amarth

That said for pure blistering heavy i still stand by cryptopsy's album none so vile.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    intodeep wrote:
    All of these are good. I particularly am a fan of opeth and amon amarth

That said for pure blistering heavy i still stand by cryptopsy's album none so vile.
    the roar at the beginning of crown of horns is just ridiculous.

none so vile is probably out and out the heaviest album ever.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
    Inkdaub wrote:
    Godflesh

if you like them you should try Jesu, Justin Broadericks latest band. very slow and mournful but very heavy.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    LISTEN.TO.CONVERGE. !!!!!

"You Fail Me". heaviest song ever. along with "4th of July" by Soundgarden.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,853
    bestsane wrote:
    I'm looking for the heaviest of the most heaviest metal song out there

Iron Maiden - Mother Russia
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    It's cool to not like Muse but thats just a false statement. Stolkholm Syndrome is very heavy.

Personally I like Know by System of the Down, My Own Summer by Deftones, and Dead Bodies Everywhere by Korn.
    the thing is.. the topic is called heaviest metal muse is NOT metal...
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • Depends on your definition of 'heavy'.

I think modern metal is misguided.. heaviness isn't about how distorted your guitar is and how god awful your 'vocals' are (tempo works though). It's about style, meaning, arrangments that punch you in the gut when the song shifts.. The kick in Soundgarden's "Like Suicide" is a perfect example of this.

Anywhoooo..
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    anything off the new Leng Tch'e cd
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    Depends on your definition of 'heavy'.

I think modern metal is misguided.. heaviness isn't about how distorted your guitar is and how god awful your 'vocals' are (tempo works though). It's about style, meaning, arrangments that punch you in the gut when the song shifts.. The kick in Soundgarden's "Like Suicide" is a perfect example of this.

Anywhoooo..

Thank you!!!!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    I second that!!!

Peace
    Earle
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

oppie1 wrote:
    the thing is.. the topic is called heaviest metal muse is NOT metal...

Yup, you've got my point. This is about the heaviest of the most heaviest. Muse is nowhere near heavy metal.
  • bestsane wrote:
    Yup, you've got my point. This is about the heaviest of the most heaviest. Muse is nowhere near heavy metal.

To be honest, I dont know how Muse can be considered heavy at all. Mabye its just a comparison thing, but it's pretty middle of the road rock compared to what I listen to (Dimmu Borgir, Hell On Earth, Graveworm, Wintersun, Scar Symmetry, Opeth, Rotting Christ, Naglfar, DevilDriver etc.)
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
    To be honest, I dont know how Muse can be considered heavy at all. Mabye its just a comparison thing, but it's pretty middle of the road rock compared to what I listen to (Dimmu Borgir, Hell On Earth, Graveworm, Wintersun, Scar Symmetry, Opeth, Rotting Christ, Naglfar, DevilDriver etc.)

Yeah you're right. You've got a good taste. Cheers man!
  • My3rdEyeMy3rdEye Posts: 927
    Death Angel - The Ultra Violence

Its instrumental and it kicks major ass!!!
    My3rdEye wrote:

Hey dude, can you share the track please?
    My3rdEye wrote:

that entire album is superb! shame they were never really able to match it again in terms of class. one of my favourite thrash albums at the time.

and people posting here should stop arguing about what consitutes 'heavy metal', a term invented by journalists and the music industry to categorise a certain kind of music. heavy metal extends from relatively gentle rock music like queen, right through to the blackest of black metal. muse definately fall into this category. they may not be as heavy as dimmu borgir et al, but they are heavy metal, as are pearl jam. if someone thinks a muse track is heavy then respect their view. if you don't think muse are heavy, listen to stockholm syndrome, plug in baby or citezen erased.