The heaviest metal song

bestsanebestsane Posts: 131
edited August 2007 in Other Music
I'm looking for the heaviest of the most heaviest metal song out there; a song that is extremely heavy for 99.9999% of the world's population can take. I'm not kidding, I just want to listen to that song. I don't care if it's American or English or German or Mongolian, I just want it. Please recommend folks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    WALK....Pantera, SEEK AND DESTROY.....Metallica....DESERT PLAINS....Judas Priest

Peace
    Earle
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    4th of July (Soundgarden) is REALLY heavy....it's slow though. Were you looking for a fast/heavy song?
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    laid to rest - lamb of god
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    Red War- Probot.
  • MojopinMojopin Posts: 216
    Um, no....

'You Suck' by Strapping Young Lad

Mojo
    "A consistently good band works all the different elements well. A song has to appeal sentimentally, intellectually, physically, viscerally, and dig deep down into your soul and suck you into it. And after that, of course, it'd be a matter of taste." ~ Kim Thayil from Soundgarden
  • webberf1webberf1 Posts: 160
    Restless Kelly by The Ahmedinejad Crew
  • bestsanebestsane Posts: 131
    danny72688 wrote:
    4th of July (Soundgarden) is REALLY heavy....it's slow though. Were you looking for a fast/heavy song?

Any tempo dude. I've heard 4th of July but I just think that there are tons heavier than that.
  • bestsanebestsane Posts: 131
    g under p wrote:
    WALK....Pantera, SEEK AND DESTROY.....Metallica....DESERT PLAINS....Judas Priest

Peace
    Earle

Those songs are good, but not heavy enough and I just think that there are heavier than those out there. Thanks for the rec dude.
  • Harvester of Sorrow-Metallica
    As I am-Dream Theater
    Motorhead-Ace of Spades
    Type O Negative-World Coming Down
    Ozzy Osbourne-No More Tears
    Megadeth-Crush 'Em
    Rammstein-Reise, Reise

...pie
    To pie I will reply
    But mr. justam
    is who I am

"That's a repulsive combination of horrible information and bad breath."-Pickles

"Remember, death is a natural part of the workplace. So, when you see a dead body at work, don't freak out, just ring your death bell." "ting"-Toki Wartooth
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    Harvester of Sorrow-Metallica
    As I am-Dream Theater
    Motorhead-Ace of Spades
    Type O Negative-World Coming Down
    Ozzy Osbourne-No More Tears
    Megadeth-Crush 'Em
    Rammstein-Reise, Reise

...pie

dude, no offense, but what don't you understand given "the heaviest metal song?

Ace of spades doesn't even count as metal, it is straight up hard rock.

let's try as some soulfly - Max Cavalera still has the biggest voice in the game
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • glasshouse wrote:
    dude, no offense, but what don't you understand given "the heaviest metal song?

Ace of spades doesn't even count as metal, it is straight up hard rock.

let's try as some soulfly - Max Cavalera still has the biggest voice in the game

I think it just depends on what you mean by heaviest. I like Soulfly. Heaviest, for me has more to do with instrumental sounds than just somebody screaming at me. Heaviest can mean density and instensity. That is just where I find the heavy to be, but I see your point. How about these:

Skeletons of Society-Slayer
    Sepultura-Against
    Fear Factory-Edgecrusher

...pie (hoping to make the grade)
    To pie I will reply
    But mr. justam
    is who I am

"That's a repulsive combination of horrible information and bad breath."-Pickles

"Remember, death is a natural part of the workplace. So, when you see a dead body at work, don't freak out, just ring your death bell." "ting"-Toki Wartooth
    I think it just depends on what you mean by heaviest. I like Soulfly. Heaviest, for me has more to do with instrumental sounds than just somebody screaming at me. Heaviest can mean density and instensity. That is just where I find the heavy to be, but I see your point. How about these:

Skeletons of Society-Slayer
    Sepultura-Against
    Fear Factory-Edgecrusher

...pie (hoping to make the grade)

i see your point and i agree with you, but i think the original poster is looking for songs that'll send him to hell and back (if he gets lucky)

in that sense you need some serious vocals as well - at least

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • ArctangentArctangent Posts: 614
    g under p wrote:
    DESERT PLAINS....Judas Priest

surely you jest? desert plains is a very namby pamby priest song. if you want a heavy song try PAINKILLER!!!!!
  • larslars Posts: 524
    Slayer - War Ensemble
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
    pearl jam - do the evolution :cool:

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Try some Cryptopsy's album None So Vile

It is brutal and unrelenting. About 33 minutes of pure assault. Plus Flo's drumming on the album is like a machine gun fast and precise.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
    Reign in Blood- Slayer
    Whiplash- Metallica
    Jet Pilot- System of a Down.
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
    "the waiting drove me mad..."
  • Scar Symmetry - The Kaleidoscopic God
    Wintersun - Battle Against Time
    Graveworm - Its a Sin
    DevilDriver - Nothings Wrong
    Rammstein - Mein Tiel
    Funker Vogt - The Third War (Velvet Acid Christ mix)
    Ministry - No W

Pretty amazing list
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    i dont listen to metal but i will say muse was the heaviest live band ive seen since metallica. it was note for note from the album, but after hearing hysteria that loud i dont think i can ever hear it on cd again and not feel like it sounds lame ;)
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    Audioslave - Be Yourself
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    bestsane wrote:
    Any tempo dude. I've heard 4th of July but I just think that there are tons heavier than that.
    Sludge Factory (AIC) ;)
  • funkymonkfunkymonk Posts: 279
    Meshuggah-New Millenium Cyanide Christ
    Pantera - 5 Minutes Alone
  • The Final Countdown

:p
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
    i dont listen to metal but i will say muse was the heaviest live band ive seen since metallica. it was note for note from the album, but after hearing hysteria that loud i dont think i can ever hear it on cd again and not feel like it sounds lame ;)
    muse is about as heavy as the dixie chicks... nice try tho :)
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

• caifan82caifan82 Posts: 321
    Anything from Deicide... check the whole Legion album...
    Mexico City - July 17th 2003
    Mexico City - July 18th 2003
    Mexico City - July 19th 2003
    Monterrey - December 7th 2005
    Mexico City - December 9th 2005
    Mexico City - December 10th 2005
    Mexico City - November 24th 2011
  • your opinions are gonna differ from hard rock to metal definitions...just be grateful for ppl's inputs on songs that you can go listen to and enjoy
    jeez
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • spatspat Posts: 644
    dude pick up headbangers ball - the revenge if you don't have it. now i like metal, but there's songs on there that i just can't listen to. i'm looking though the list now, songs by bands like trivium, lamb of god, arch enemy, norma jean, god forbid, 36 crazy fists...just fucking relentless stuff on there. but i'm sure they're all pussies compared to some of the stuff you'd find in germany.
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"
    spat wrote:
    dude pick up headbangers ball - the revenge if you don't have it. now i like metal, but there's songs on there that i just can't listen to. i'm looking though the list now, songs by bands like trivium, lamb of god, arch enemy, norma jean, god forbid, 36 crazy fists...just fucking relentless stuff on there. but i'm sure they're all pussies compared to some of the stuff you'd find in germany.
    36 crazyfists are my favorite band at the moment.. phenomenal band
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

• Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Mojopin wrote:
    Um, no....

'You Suck' by Strapping Young Lad

Mojo
    no one beats SYL for sheer weight of sound.

my vote goes to All Hail The New Flesh though, closely followed by Oh My Fucking God.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • oppie1 wrote:
    muse is about as heavy as the dixie chicks... nice try tho :)

It's cool to not like Muse but thats just a false statement. Stolkholm Syndrome is very heavy.

Personally I like Know by System of the Down, My Own Summer by Deftones, and Dead Bodies Everywhere by Korn.
    10/31/2000 (****)
    6/7/2003 (***1/2)
    7/9/2006 (****1/2)
    7/13/2006 (**** )
    4/10/2008 EV Solo (****1/2)
    6/25/2008 MSG II (*****)
    10/1/2009 LA II (****)
    10/6/2009 LA III (***** Cornell!!!)