lets all hate on dave matthews and his greedy band

2»

Comments

• no no no let me get this straight

dave matthews and his band have made some of the greatest music ever in the history of man kind. which happened in the 90's.

now, they are probably the 3rd most annoying band in the industry behind Nickelback and Fallout Boy. seriously its ridiculous. i think i might take down my dmb poster. they are not what they used to be. :(
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    BinGnarly wrote:
    And how can you listen to Corn Bread and not want to get up and dance?

what would you say, louisiana bayou, too much, seek up, two step, tripping billies all make me dance. crush, dancing nancies, one sweet world, crash all me make want to sing.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • Got no reason to hate this band. I was really impressed with their cover of "All a long the Watchtower". The drummer is almost up their with Matt Cameron IMO.
  • Don't drink the water is still an amazing song.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UL_czyUro7o
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    BTW, i was in a fraternity in college. there were several pearl jam fans but nobody really listened to DMB to all.

i just blew everyone's mind...

Nah being in a frat you probably just blew everyone...
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Most people dont actaully like the music, they just like it because its popular to like the band. DMB is for white upper class preps, frat boys, and sorority girls.

I have freinds that have worked at Alpine Valley during the concert season. DMB fans are the worst they tell me everytime. Just a whole bunch of assholes.
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Got no reason to hate this band. I was really impressed with their cover of "All a long the Watchtower". The drummer is almost up their with Matt Cameron IMO.

carter beuford shits on matt cameron all day........ and matt cameron is my favorite drummer period, but i know he is no way the best, carter is miles ahead matt.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • LOL "up there with matt cameron" you fucking kidding me?

news flash: carter pwns all. have a nice day
  • I've got no reason to hate DMB. I am not up with their new stuff, but I like most of the older stuff. I've heard that in general they put on good live shows, and the two I've seen where excellent. Granted, I haven't heard them live in 5 years or so, so maybe they are getting repetitive these days.

I don't know many 15 year old girls who like them. Ya know, since they don't have the dyed black myspace haircuts and the angst.
  • Danimal wrote:
    Nah being in a frat you probably just blew everyone...

i find that it's good practice not to say things through your computer monitor that you'd never (ever) say to somebody in real life.

directing gay jokes at fake internet people isn't a healthy release for whatever personal problems you might have.

just a thought...

as for DMB, they're alright. they're good musicians but i'm just not a huge fan of the songwriting, unfortunately. i saw them at the tibetan freedom concert in '98 and i was impressed by their performance.
  • What I don't get is how I can hate DMB live music so much, but absolutely love any Dave Matthews and Tim Rynolds set.

It seems so irrational--yet it is fact.
  • love em.
    Fav. Bands
    My Morning Jacket
    Pearl Jam
    Neil Young
    Wilco
    Tool
    Rush
    Drive By Truckers

pj shows
    8/17/98
    8/15/00
    8/18/00
    8/20/00
    6/22/03
    10/2/04
    8/5/07
  • JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,261
    no no no let me get this straight

dave matthews and his band have made some of the greatest music ever in the history of man kind. which happened in the 90's.

now, they are probably the 3rd most annoying band in the industry behind Nickelback and Fallout Boy. seriously its ridiculous. i think i might take down my dmb poster. they are not what they used to be. :(

i know what you mean....PJ are the same....havnt released a good album since Vitalogy, and they dont even do fuckin videos anymore???
    :D

seriously why do so people care who else listens to a band or if his fans are preppy kids or whatever? fuckin hell thats such a ridiculous reason to not like a band
  • I liked DMB when I first heard the Under the Table album. I thought Satellite was a great song. I liked them up until Crash was released. I found that one to be boring and basically lost interest in them. I must admit, I was glad that I lost interest in them before the big "it's the hip and trendy thing to like DMB" wave hit. I liked being different from the rest of the masses at the time.
  • DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515

they do the same shit every night. they have a new song about cornbread. .

This was one of the funniest things I've read here in awhile
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    carter beuford shits on matt cameron all day........ and matt cameron is my favorite drummer period, but i know he is no way the best, carter is miles ahead matt.

Carter is the MAN. To me he's right there with Neil Pert. The whole band are great musicians.

I am not such a huge fan anymore of DMB but still consider them a great band. I saw them tour for their second cd (what was the name?) and got to see an unbelievable show. They have a great live show.
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    lets be honest here. the dave matthews band sucks. their past 5 live albums have sucked and will continue to suck. their past 3 studio albums have sucked and will continue to suck as the new songs they road tested suck. dave matthews can no longer sing. butch taylor is boring. they do the same shit every night. they have a new song about cornbread. they like to release pretty much every shitty concert they play because they know that every 15 year old girl in america will preorder it with their dads credit card because its DAVE, without realizing it's the same shit they've heard before only worse.
    Bored now.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace