lets all hate on dave matthews and his greedy band

DaveMatthewsDaveMatthews Posts: 73
edited December 2007 in Other Music
lets be honest here. the dave matthews band sucks. their past 5 live albums have sucked and will continue to suck. their past 3 studio albums have sucked and will continue to suck as the new songs they road tested suck. dave matthews can no longer sing. butch taylor is boring. they do the same shit every night. they have a new song about cornbread. they like to release pretty much every shitty concert they play because they know that every 15 year old girl in america will preorder it with their dads credit card because its DAVE, without realizing it's the same shit they've heard before only worse.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• That's enough out of you.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    you're a fucking tool
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Most people dont actaully like the music, they just like it because its popular to like the band. DMB is for white upper class preps, frat boys, and sorority girls.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Most people dont actaully like the music, they just like it because its popular to like the band. DMB is for white upper class preps, frat boys, and sorority girls.
    Just like PJ is only liked by 34 year old men with no lives and see 50x a tour. Generalizations suck so don't make them. I am 17, non frat, apart of a working class family and enjoy the 2 DMB cds I have everday and crash.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    OK.............I'll ask it.

Why THAT user name??????????????????????????????????????????
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • risarisa Posts: 42
    reverse psych...

and yeah... why the user name?

aha... a disgruntled DMB fan...
    i waited all day.
    you waited all day..
    but you left before sunset..

...should have stayed for the sunset...
    if not for me.
    Just like PJ is only liked by 34 year old men with no lives and see 50x a tour. Generalizations suck so don't make them. I am 17, non frat, apart of a working class family and enjoy the 2 DMB cds I have everday and crash.

It has quite a bit of truth to it, sure there are a few people that actually like them but why would that many people listen to that type of music?
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906

same here, except you actually enjoy everyday!?... lol. i have the first three,busted stuff and live at the gorge. oh and im not a rich frat kid. Besides, i like pearl jam alot more then DMB.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    um...i'm a huge pearl jam fan, a dead head, and hate nearly every band that has been played on the radio or indie scene since 2000. i'm not in a frat, and i'm middle class. i've seen DMB 5 times live.

i agree with the live CDs though. his last 3 or 4 live releases have little to no variation. release a fucking '95 or '97 show, god damnit! or better yet - the show with eyes of the world! (listening to 6/17/91 right now by teh dead....mmm)
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Never been a fan....add my hate to the pile.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • DMB blows.

Except Boyd.

I have a soft spot for a huge black man who plays violin.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i've always hated DMB. i did see them live at the Vet in Philly before Everyday came out... friend of mine used my name to win tix on the radio so he had to take me.

they have talent, they can play but it's just not my style. frat rock for sure. more like maggot rock.
  • DMB bores me to the point of self-mutilation...
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    I have never been into DMB at all. It has never been my cup of tea. But, hate is a strong word. I don't hate DMB, I just don't care about DMB. So, I guess you could say that I don't care enough to hate them.
  • is this the thread where we talk about how much we hate our own screen names?

if so, i want to get in on this party...
  • is this the thread where we talk about how much we hate our own screen names?

if so, i want to get in on this party...

Bwahahaha. Well done.
  • MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    I've never liked DMB, but I didn't realize they were big with the 16 year old female set. you sure about that? I thought 16 year old females were mostly into Britney Spears and Fallout Boy.
  • BTW, i was in a fraternity in college. there were several pearl jam fans but nobody really listened to DMB to all.

i just blew everyone's mind...
  • I'm was never in a frat, but used to know a bunch of frat guys in college and alot of them were PJ fans.

People don't like to admit it, but PJ is up there in the frat ranks. So dissing DMB as a frat band and being a PJ fan...it's a bit hypocritical.
  • bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    I don't mind Dave. Some of my friends are pretty into him, so I've heard some of his stuff. I was never let down. I think if I were to go to a Dave concert, I'd probably get into him a lot more.
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    I'm was never in a frat, but used to know a bunch of frat guys in college and alot of them were PJ fans.

People don't like to admit it, but PJ is up there in the frat ranks. So dissing DMB as a frat band and being a PJ fan...it's a bit hypocritical.

thats what i said in another thread. its pretty obvious the mojority of PJ fans are in their early-mid twenties. and im sure a decent number of them are in frats, or are atleast preppy kids.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    I'm not a fan of Dave, but I'm not going to bitch about him. Some people like him, some people don't- you make it sound like they're Creed or something.

I actually took my wife to see Dave live and even though I'm not really into his music, he put on a pretty damn good show
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    MLC2006 wrote:
    I've never liked DMB, but I didn't realize they were big with the 16 year old female set. you sure about that? I thought 16 year old females were mostly into Britney Spears and Fallout Boy.

Thats whats so odd about it, you know they just like it because its the popular thing to do because not that many people would only listen to gay pop shit like Fall Out Boy but like DMB as well.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• who cares who likes what and why is it important to have someone like what you like when everyone has wants and likes not like the wants and likes of everyone else especially when liking what you like is more important than liking what someone else wants you to like???

whatever....

...at least that's the word on the street
    the Minions
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I guess you'd call me a casual fan - I've never seen them in concert and probably never will; I have plenty of respect for them as musicians, despite for the most part they're being too mellow for me, and Crash got me through a very tough time in my life. The CD was just right for what I was going through at the time.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • I could careless what people think. I love DMB and I am in no way shape or form a frat boy. I hate going to dave shows and seeing teams of popped collar fuckers just looking to score with some drunk chick. Ive been to 11 shows and have seen a ton of frat boys but I have also met a lot of really cool people along the way. Also a lot of DMB fans really dig Pearl Jam.

I dont really see how DMB can be boring. Yes some times they jam a bit to long. But the energy that the band has is intense. The way they feed of each other is something very special. And hell youve got to give them credit they have been around just as long as Pearl Jam. Any band that can with stand the test of time like them in my opinion has something unique and special. Other wise why would they still be selling out shows?

EDIT: And how can you listen to Corn Bread and not want to get up and dance?
    Shows:
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006
    Columbus 2010

"With my own two hands I can change the world."
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    i once went to a DMB concert just to go out with friends... fortunately i drank a lot and passed out on the lawn. i could never really get into his music. sure he is a freaking talented guitar played, but it just doesnt do it for me. i did like Don't Drink the water though.. or whatever it was called
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    I liked Dave Matthews.
    I haven't listened to anything recently but Crash is an awesome album.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    lets be honest here. the dave matthews band sucks. their past 5 live albums have sucked and will continue to suck. their past 3 studio albums have sucked and will continue to suck as the new songs they road tested suck. dave matthews can no longer sing. butch taylor is boring. they do the same shit every night. they have a new song about cornbread. they like to release pretty much every shitty concert they play because they know that every 15 year old girl in america will preorder it with their dads credit card because its DAVE, without realizing it's the same shit they've heard before only worse.

So did you take a bitter pill tonight? Maybe you choked on some corn bread? What's eating you? :p
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Can't hate on DMB. Good concert. Before These Crowded Streets is a great album. Under the Table and Lilly white are also good. Not always in the mood for DMB, but they deserve their fans. They were a "big" thing in 97-99, but the reason isn't bullshit; they were very different and very good.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown