biggiest surprise and jsut bands you have seen

2»

Comments

• JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    Get_Right wrote:
    Bad:
    Interpol

Shit !
    I just bought a ticket for interpol... I'm going with a friend who convinced me. I hope I didn't make a mistake...
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    Id always liked the Coral but they are one of the best bands i have ever seen live. Seen them 3 times and they have been completely on form every time. They are still a band i have yet to really get into though, only have one of their albums so far. Think they released a new one this year but havent got round to buying any more of their stuff, not sure why as they blew me away.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Good: Green Day, very surprised by them.
    Guess Who, Burton can still croon with the best voices out there.
    Kiss, you have to like blood, explosions, explosions and more explosions

Bad: Lenny Kravitz, get rid of the sponser and start rocking you tool.
    Santana, somebody had to wake me up and tell me it was over.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    I could never imagine Santana as being anything other than boring to be honest, cant stand his music at all, even though he's a fantastic guitarist.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • CK88CK88 Posts: 3
    Julien wrote:
    Shit !
    I just bought a ticket for interpol... I'm going with a friend who convinced me. I hope I didn't make a mistake...

i saw them in VA back in july and i didnt think they were bad at all i brought a friend who doesnt even like them and even he was impressed
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    stu gee wrote:
    I could never imagine Santana as being anything other than boring to be honest, cant stand his music at all, even though he's a fantastic guitarist.
    agreed !
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,850
    Julien wrote:
    Shit !

I was dissapointed with the lolla set
    Great records but it was a bit too much doom and gloom for that setting.
    The tunes did not translate to the stage very well.

Worth the price to hear the obstalce (1, 2) live though
  • Modest Mouse is the best, and the worst concert I've ever been too.

First time I saw them it completely blew me away, by far one of the best shows I've ever seen.

The second time I saw them was the biggest steaming pile of crap show I've ever been to.
  • Modest Mouse is the best, and the worst concert I've ever been too.

Ditto, Mouse is definitely a hit and miss band. I've seen them 4-5 times, two were great shows, the other shows were just awful.

My biggest positive surprise may well be PJ...seeing them in 2003 at Shoreline really got me back on the bus. I probably wouldn't have even gone except that I got free tickets right before the show started.

Another big happy surprise was Far, who I saw many years ago when they were opening for Quicksand (or maybe Helmet?) Anyway, they totally stole the show, it was awesome.

Third place goes to Wilco, another band whose live act made me stand up and take notice of the rest of their work.

The biggest disappointment by far was Live...I had a pair tickets for a small club show they were doing to warm up for their Secret Samadhi show. Before the show I was offered $200 a piece for the tix and turned it down. They played only material that hadn't been released yet and did so fairly badly, the crowd was actively pissed at them and the show, on the whole, just sucked. I guess I deserved it...

First runner up goes to the Strokes. I don't think I've seen a worse concert but at least expectations were low going in.

Second runner up on the disappointment list is Built to Spill...I had tickets to go see them on a Tuesday night and was going out the door when I realized I was a week late for the concert :P
    Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I’m
    delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
  • Chris Isaak - took my g/f to an Isaak show at House of Blues as a gift for her. Wasn't really enthusiastic personally to see the guy. But he's a helluva entertainer and incredibly charismatic onstage (as is the rest of his band as well). I'd definitely go see another Isaak concert now.

I am a big Chris Isaak fan. Mostly because of his live performances and he is funny as hell. People should realize he is more than that stupid "Wicked Game" song. Gotta love that mirror ball suit. Did you know, he stays after every single show and signs merchandise for anyone in line, not matter how long the line is? Not many people do that kind of stuff for their fans.
  • I would have to say I love the Killers but was not expecting the live show to compare to their studio albums. Man I was completely wrong, not only was the show great but seeing them at the Palace in Louisville made it even better. Know you there is lots of hate for them but the Killers were one of the best live shows I have been to. As for Modest Mouse, I have seen them live...just a few weeks ago at a bar. The sound was not too good but I loved it still. Its great to like a band going into a show and when you come out you love them.

I think the RHCP need to take a lesson from pearl jam and change up their set lists. They seem bored at times.
    Thats okay man, cause I love Frogs

Shows:
    7/2/98 8/18/00 8/20/00 8/21/00 4/21/03(Home town) 4/25/00 - cancelled:( 6/19/03 6/22/03 10/2/04 10/6/04
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    the spin doctors shocked me live. they are incredible live.
  • OdinOdin Posts: 599
    Biggest Surprises: Sloan, Ten Years, Drowning Pool, Godsmack, Robin Trower, The Sword and the Melvins (who were an opening act and did a fine job of pissing off the unappreciative crowd by playing a bunch of random noise toward the end of their set... that was awesome!)

Biggest Disappointments: The Roots, Tool, Candlebox, Year Long Disaster