Saw STP last night.....

Drop The Leash 10Drop The Leash 10 Posts: 7,011
edited June 2008 in Other Music
...it was amazing!!!!!!

basically played hits but they sounded awesome. Scott was really on his game.

if they are coming near you please see them, theyre incredible.

on a side-note: i saw a guy with a Pearl Jam t-shirt sitting on the lawn. it was the one from the London Poster.
I will be what i could be
Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    ...it was amazing!!!!!!

basically played hits but they sounded awesome. Scott was really on his game.

if they are coming near you please see them, theyre incredible.

on a side-note: i saw a guy with a Pearl Jam t-shirt sitting on the lawn. it was the one from the London Poster.

Sad I am going to miss this. They are coming to Dallas when I am going up to Hartford and Mansfield to see PJ.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Flagg wrote:
    Sad I am going to miss this. They are coming to Dallas when I am going up to Hartford and Mansfield to see PJ.

i love STP but id much rather see Pearl Jam
    2006: Albany
    2008: MSG I, MSG II, Newark(EV)
    2009: Albany 1-2(EV), Philly 3
    2010: Boston, MSG I
    2013: Buffalo, Brooklyn II, Hartford
    2016: MSG 1, MSG II, Fenway 1
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,334
    Please post the setlist!!! I'm seeing them next week in Vegas..
  • snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    the show kicked ass in jersey. of course weiland was late and when he finally did show he was fucked out of his mind. his voice was also a little off on some songs. but man STP rocks. a must see.
  • spnkrispnkri Posts: 137
    mr bungle wrote:
    Please post the setlist!!! I'm seeing them next week in Vegas..

I'm seeing them in Vegas next week too! Can't wait! Then I'm seeing them again 3 weeks later in Iowa. Hopefully, they'll vary the setlist a little between both shows though.
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    snipes824 wrote:
    the show kicked ass in jersey. of course weiland was late and when he finally did show he was fucked out of his mind. his voice was also a little off on some songs. but man STP rocks. a must see.

I hope the NJ show is more of an abberation than a sign of things to come. Scott was more than 'a little off'. The band was awesome, but Weiland was a mess.
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I'm hoping to buy Tix for Houston, got to wait til Friday for payday. I can't wait! Thanks for all the positive feedback on STP keep the reviews coming.

Isn't the lead singer of Pixies opening for them?
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,347
    seein gthem in Seattle cant wait , saw VR 2 times this is going to be great anyone go ta setlist yet please post
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    I hope the NJ show is more of an abberation than a sign of things to come. Scott was more than 'a little off'. The band was awesome, but Weiland was a mess.

That dude is a train wreck. I heard an audio clip of people describing what was going on back stage and it was chaos. One of the DeLeo brothers was shouting "C'mon Axl!" at Weiland's trailer apparently. Unbelievable.

In case anyone is interested, here's the link to the description of what was going on back stage:

http://www.foundrymusic.com/media/displaymedia.cfm/id/18262/
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • FatalFatal Posts: 821
    I've got floor tickets to see them in Montreal next month...can't wait.
    Shows: Montreal 98, Barrie 98, Montreal 00, Montreal 03, Montreal 05, Ottawa 05, Toronto 06, Vancouver Night 1 08 (EV), Vancouver Night 2 08 (EV), MSG1 08, MSG2 08, Montreal Night 2 08 (EV), Toronto Night 1 08 (EV), Toronto 09, Hartford 11 (EV), Ottawa 11, Ottawa 16, Ottawa 22.

• facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    DeLukin wrote:
    That dude is a train wreck. I heard an audio clip of people describing what was going on back stage and it was chaos. One of the DeLeo brothers was shouting "C'mon Axl!" at Weiland's trailer apparently. Unbelievable.

In case anyone is interested, here's the link to the description of what was going on back stage:

Oh man, that does not sound good at all. I really thought he was going to get his shit together this time around, but clearly he has some demons to deal with.
  • DeLukin wrote:

Can someone explain what this link says. Can't open it at work. thanks
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • i'm going tonight, in detroit. first of 2 shows...hope he stays off the dope at least for the 1st show ;-)
  • setlist anyone???
    I've heard they are opening with Big Empty and closing with Trippin on a hole.....
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
    Can someone explain what this link says. Can't open it at work. thanks

Basically STP were over an hour late going on stage becasue Scott Weiland wouldn't come out of his tour bus. Apparently there was a huge security guy that wouldn't let Dean DeLeo go on the bus, and so he was shouting at Scott from the outside saying 'come on Axl'! In the meantime, there was some woman (possibly Scott's wife) who Dean was having an argument with, asking her what the fuck she was doing on his tour, and he called her a cunt! Yikes! Anyway, Weiland eventually came out seemingly out of it, and they went straight on stage, where his performance was pretty sloppy.

Edit* Actually I think it was Robert DeLeo.
  • Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749

this should not come as a suprise!
  • Did his vocals suck at the nj show????
    Did his vocals suck at the nj show????

Apparently so, but he was much better the next night.....
  • smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,563
    Basically STP were over an hour late going on stage becasue Scott Weiland wouldn't come out of his tour bus. Apparently there was a huge security guy that wouldn't let Dean DeLeo go on the bus, and so he was shouting at Scott from the outside saying 'come on Axl'! In the meantime, there was some woman (possibly Scott's wife) who Dean was having an argument with, asking her what the fuck she was doing on his tour, and he called her a cunt! Yikes! Anyway, Weiland eventually came out seemingly out of it, and they went straight on stage, where his performance was pretty sloppy.

Edit* Actually I think it was Robert DeLeo.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    It's like a car accident! who didn't see this coming?
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
    smithnic wrote:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    It's like a car accident! who didn't see this coming?

I thought he would be happier since he jumped ship from VR and joined up with his old friends. But it seems he obviously has other things to deal with. I know he lost his brother to a drug overdose fairly recently and apparently he's split with his wife again (not sure if that is 100% true though), these things can't be easy, and must be even harder if you're a 'recovering' addict.
  • Big Empty
    Wicked Garden
    Big Bang Baby
    Vasoline
    Lady Picture Show
    Lounge Fly
    Creep
    Plush
    Interstate Love Song
    Crackerman
    Sex Type Thing
    Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart

encore
    Dead & Bloated

i know there was more. ill add em when i think of em.

Big Empty
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=in36iNsgEic

Plush (4:29 mark!)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=B_jPujnoSQM
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,276
    weiland is a waste f that i won't waste my $ to see this waste the rest of the band yeah him no way ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    Gremmie95 wrote:
    this should not come as a suprise!

Actually, in the previous 13 times I have seen Weiland (10 STP, 3 VR) he always put on a great show.
  • HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    I don't get the love for this band on here. There music is boring and derivitive and Weiland is a total asshole who in no way will make it through this tour. If you are planning on seeing him later in the tour, sell your tickets for a high price now because those shows will be canceled.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
    I don't get the love for this band on here. There music is boring and derivitive and Weiland is a total asshole who in no way will make it through this tour. If you are planning on seeing him later in the tour, sell your tickets for a high price now because those shows will be canceled.

I don't think a song like Sour Girl, for example, is in the least bit derivative. Who are they derivative of? And you can't really say the whole 'grunge' scene, because they formed as a band at the same time as PJ, AIC etc.
  • I don't get the love for this band on here. There music is boring and derivitive and Weiland is a total asshole who in no way will make it through this tour. If you are planning on seeing him later in the tour, sell your tickets for a high price now because those shows will be canceled.

Tiny Music and most of Purple are not Boring or Derivative imo. I think this complaint can maybe apply to Core. Now I'm a fan of Core just like I'm a fan of Ten but its clearly less progressive then there later work.

I would pay top dollar to see this band but I am going to PJ @ MSG when they come to the Hollywood Bowl so I think I made a good choice.
    10/31/2000 (****)
    6/7/2003 (***1/2)
    7/9/2006 (****1/2)
    7/13/2006 (**** )
    4/10/2008 EV Solo (****1/2)
    6/25/2008 MSG II (*****)
    10/1/2009 LA II (****)
    10/6/2009 LA III (***** Cornell!!!)
  • jwillmojwillmo Posts: 470
    Was this posted in 1992? Seriously, they shed the "derivative" tag a long fucking time ago. With their second album, according to most.

Weiland does seem like a bit of an a-hole, but if I let that affect whether or not I liked a band's music I wouldn't like very much.
  • HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    jwillmo wrote:
    Was this posted in 1992? Seriously, they shed the "derivative" tag a long fucking time ago. With their second album, according to most.

Weiland does seem like a bit of an a-hole, but if I let that affect whether or not I liked a band's music I wouldn't like very much.
    I've heard their other music and it's very boring and unoriginal. Just because you say it's not deritive, doesn't mean it isn't. Actually, they got much worse after 1992. Weiland is a no-talent hack.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,858

they may have started out that way, but they evolved into a very good band
    purple is a GREAT record IMHO
    tiny music aint too shabby either

listen to unglued and army ants-awesome rock songs
  • ealasaid76ealasaid76 Posts: 95
    AWESOME show. The opening "band" sucked, though.

They've still got it! Album to come, can't wait!
    FREE THE WEST MEMPHIS THREE!
    www.wm3.org
    9/13/98 Hartford,CT - 9/18/98 Columbia,MD
    8/23/00 Jones Beach (Wantagh,NY) - 7/8/03 NYC (DVD show)
    9/28/04 Boston,MA (VFC Benefit-10C) - 6/23/06 Pittsburgh,PA
    6/27/08 Hartford, CT