I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you.
    Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you.
    I will chew it up and leave,
    I will work to elevate you
    just enough to bring you down.

Trust me.
    one of the best verses ever. "I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down is awesome".

and to the guy who said listen to Isis instead, I still don't understand the comparisons. they sound nothing like each other. both great bands, there's no reason why you can't listen to and enjoy both.

oh and Lateralus >>>> Oceanic ;)
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • When I seen ISIS open for Tool, they sounded like Tool in 4/4 time sig. That and they sounded atrocious, and I was right by the soundboard.
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:
    and to the guy who said listen to Isis instead, I still don't understand the comparisons. they sound nothing like each other. both great bands, there's no reason why you can't listen to and enjoy both.

i think its because isis supported tool on the first leg of the US tour last year. you are right jeremy, musically they are nothing alike.

whoever said tool weren't creative enough made me laugh. i can't think of a more creative band in the field of heavy music at the moment. i would say only neurosis come anywhere close. tool are like marmite though - no middle ground... love or hate.

you can play any one of their albums for years and still be hearing new things and live they are one of the best bands in the world. all you can do is give them a listen. if you like them, great. if not its no big deal.
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    one of the best verses ever. "I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down is awesome".

oh and Lateralus >>>> Oceanic ;)

It is brilliant isn't it?! :D I love how it's so contained and seemingly sung without threat, but it's actually so vicious. I love that about it! Like it's worming its way into your soul. Does so sum up my ex perfectly! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • its_okits_ok Posts: 200
    Don't listen to those who dont like tool....my mom doesnt like tool either =)
    PJ
    2000 Roskilde, 2006 Barcelona, 2007 London, Copenhagen, 2008 New York 1, New York 2, 2009 Berlin, 2010 Dublin, Belfast, 2012 Amsterdam 1, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, 2013 Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014 Milan, Trieste, Berlin, Stockholm, Milton Keynes

EV
    2012 Manchester, London 1, London 2
    its_ok wrote:
    Don't listen to those who dont like tool....my mom doesnt like tool either =)

My mum LOVES Tool and she's a grandmother! :D My brother is still shitty with me for corrupting her! She loves the videos! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Eh...Tool is overrated.

They get boring really fast.

Pretentious and repetitive.
  • Jeanie wrote:
    My mum LOVES Tool and she's a grandmother! :D My brother is still shitty with me for corrupting her! She loves the videos! :D

Your mom is cool. :D
  • you cannot try to get into tool ... you do not choose tool, tool chooses you.
    I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal. But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existance either.
  • just listen to Isis bro.

Right on. Bands like Isis are the future. That's what Tool used to be, but it doesn't quite seem like that anymore. They may prove me wrong and make another album that puts all their previous work behind them, but I doubt it. That certainly didn't happen with 10,000 Days, although I think it's a decent album.
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    fuck yeah! Tool is amazing
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • tool is fucking awesome.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
    Your mom is cool. :D

Actually she does have her moments! ;):D

But I've had to train her! :p
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Tool is at the same time the one of the greatest and most overrated bands!(If that is possible) Like mentioned before no need for tool when you could listen to ISIS.