1. Diorama (by far)
    2. Neon Ballroom
    3. Young Modern
    4. Frogstomp
    5. Freakshow (by far)

"This feeling is wonderful...don't you ever turn it off."
    -JJ
  • releeseme wrote:
    Yea I was refering to Shade. Thank you king of all the good music for pointing out what horrible taste I have. You do not know anything about me. I like some of Silverchairs other music as well. Without You is probably right up there with the others I mentioned but I like their first album as good as any. It was raw and full of energy. It is nothing like Fall Out Boy poppy top 40 bullshit. Don't weep for me brother, weep for yourself and your judgemental attitude.

I dont know if you understand this or not, but a the time Tomorrow was released it was poppy Grunge Lite...possibly the equivelant as to what a band like Lifehouse is today. Safe, poppy music. That doesnt mean it is bad, but Silverchair was very pop back when they first came out.
  • The best thing about Frogstomp is the cover.
  • i listened to their new cd and promptly erased it from my hard drive. But i never really liked them anyway. thought maybe the new sound would be better but...
  • I dont know if you understand this or not, but a the time Tomorrow was released it was poppy Grunge Lite...possibly the equivelant as to what a band like Lifehouse is today. Safe, poppy music. That doesnt mean it is bad, but Silverchair was very pop back when they first came out.

So what you are saying is that Frogstomp was closer to pop than what they are doing now? I call bullshit...I was 20 years old when Frogstomp was released. I know what it was about and it certainly was not pop. What they are doing now is as poppy as it comes. I saw on thier website where they were just shittin giggles that their video was being played on VH1. If that aint pop, I surely don't know what is. Let me know if you ever see any tracks from Frogstomp or Freakshow on there.
    8-20-92 \ 6-16-08
    10-4-96 \ 5-6-10
    9-6-98 \ 5-7-10
    4-19-03 \ 9-22-12
    10-6-04 \ 7-19-13
    6-24-06 \ 12-6-13
    10-1-14 \ 4-16-16
    \ 4-26-16 \
  • releeseme wrote:
    So what you are saying is that Frogstomp was closer to pop than what they are doing now? I call bullshit...I was 20 years old when Frogstomp was released. I know what it was about and it certainly was not pop. What they are doing now is as poppy as it comes. I saw on thier website where they were just shittin giggles that their video was being played on VH1. If that aint pop, I surely don't know what is. Let me know if you ever see any tracks from Frogstomp or Freakshow on there.

Dude at the time that was the pop sound. With all the shit that happened to them with the Diorama record they should be giggling that their song is doing well in America. Not many bands can come back 7 to 8 years after their last hit.
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    i don't care what any one say's diorama and young modern are prolly 2 of my favourite albums of all time, frog stomp was a great album when i was a teenager, but im almost 30 and have grown with there music.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013