new silverchair album....

who_doesnt_like_pjwho_doesnt_like_pj Posts: 73
edited August 2007 in Other Music
dunno if anyone posted anything about it butttt

i think their old stuff was wayyyy better and have you seen the video for their song straight lines?!?! you do NOT bust that outfit out. i do like the song low tho
www.myspace.com/saveyou23
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    i think their old stuff was wayyyy better

You are entitled to your opinion...but you are wrong.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202

i think their old stuff was wayyyy better and have you seen the video for their song straight lines?!?! you do NOT bust that outfit out. i do like the song low tho

no doubt about it, that video sucks so badly ;)

that said, i dig the song and the album is amazing. it is mind-blowing how much this band evolves and mvoes forward with each album. i am never disappointed by one of their releases.
    There is no doubt that the video for "Straight Lines" is awful. "Reflections of a Sound" and "If You Keep Losing Sleep" though? Those are some kick ass videos.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,259
    i don't care for any videos of any band but their music with out a doubt is some of the best out there period this band is incredible ......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    i don't care for any videos of any band but their music with out a doubt is some of the best out there period this band is incredible ......

exactly. who the hell bases their opinion of music on videos? they are everything that is wrong with music these days. the only videos that real bands put out should be live concert videos.

Young Modern...great album. not their best, but still great!
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040

Download their cover of "Kick Out The Jams"- one of the nest covers of this song that I've ever heard.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    lowlight10 wrote:
    exactly. who the hell bases their opinion of music on videos? they are everything that is wrong with music these days. the only videos that real bands put out should be live concert videos.

Young Modern...great album. not their best, but still great!

im sitting here trying to figure out how anyone can even SEE music videos anymore? i mean, vh1 and mtv sure dont play any music anymore!

ps. live from farawat stables was rereleased on tuesday. i ordered a copy from circuit city for $24. should come next week. ill letcha know if it's the real deal.
    im sitting here trying to figure out how anyone can even SEE music videos anymore? i mean, vh1 and mtv sure dont play any music anymore!

ps. live from farawat stables was rereleased on tuesday. i ordered a copy from circuit city for $24. should come next week. ill letcha know if it's the real deal.

Mine got shipped yesterday from Circuit City. I can't wait.
  • mulva9mulva9 Posts: 417

Is this the cd/dvd combo? I was skeptical because I've seen things recently about it being released separately.
  • chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    the new silverchair album is amazing.... who cares about the videos.
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
    mulva9 wrote:
    Is this the cd/dvd combo? I was skeptical because I've seen things recently about it being released separately.

yeah, the re-release was supposed to be each available separately, at least in Australia, so I hope you guys got the combo for that price. I got mine from Australia (in NTSC format) a couple years ago and it cost me about $30US with shipping. you wont be disappinted!
    -

• kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    Well as i stated earlier, Young Modern is my favourite album so far this year, im waiting on the eddie vedder album first but it's my fav as of now :)
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • SkooledSkooled Posts: 147
    That silverchair album BLOWS, I'm all for maturing in what not but when you go and make a coldplay ripoff, COME ON!

But I guess thats cause I'm not an old fart that likes this pussy rock
  • Them-BonesThem-Bones Posts: 518
    Skooled wrote:
    That silverchair album BLOWS, I'm all for maturing in what not but when you go and make a coldplay ripoff, COME ON!

I just wanna say I agree.
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."
  • idk i just dont likethe way he sings in this album
    im not regretting buying it or whatever but still

and i know this doesnt quite belong but whatever its silverchair related

643qycy.jpg

i had the song black tangled heart on like repeat so yeah i felt the urge to draw lol

btw it looks like thatd cuz my dads scanner is weird

and that took friggin forever to draw lol
    www.myspace.com/saveyou23
    The last three posts don't know their ass from their elbows. If Silverchair is pussy rock than I am a proud pussy. I don't need a guitar put in drop d to make my pants tight.

New Silverchair anyday.
    Skooled wrote:

can you tell me what any song from their new album sounds like besides the single? i can understand not caring for the new album or even hating it. but the pussy coldplay comparisons are getting old and only make you look like the jackass you are. silverchair have ALWAYS picked their most catchy, mid tempo songs to be singles... abuse me, ana's song, without you, straight lines. yeah, going by those 4, they sound like a wussy band. it's the actual albums that make them a genius. if pearl jam actually knew how to pick a single, we'd be saying the same about them (off he goes, wishlist, light years, i am mine). come to think, pearl jam has been picking pussy coldplay anthems for years too!
    mulva9 wrote:

im not sure yet. the email silverchair sent out to their mailing list said they were being released separately. but every listing ive seen for it online here in the states (amazon, best buy, etc) lists all 4 discs. ill letcha know when mine arrives.
  • releesemereleeseme Posts: 387
    I have not heard the whole new album, but what I have heard is ok. Give me some Pure Massacre, Suicidal Dreams, Hiding, all that fukin rocks!! I am debating on whether to buy the new album. Should I? I like Straight Lines and Reflections of a Sound decent enough. Is there anything heavy at all on the album?
    8-20-92 \ 6-16-08
    10-4-96 \ 5-6-10
    9-6-98 \ 5-7-10
    4-19-03 \ 9-22-12
    10-6-04 \ 7-19-13
    6-24-06 \ 12-6-13
    10-1-14 \ 4-16-16
    \ 4-26-16 \
    releeseme wrote:
    I have not heard the whole new album, but what I have heard is ok. Give me some Pure Massacre, Suicidal Dreams, Hiding, all that fukin rocks!! I am debating on whether to buy the new album. Should I? I like Straight Lines and Reflections of a Sound decent enough. Is there anything heavy at all on the album?

first, they dont have a song called Hiding. maybe youre referring to Shade.

second, the fact that you only named Frogstomp songs scares me. I weep for you.

third, If you are waiting for Pure Massacre II, then you have horrible taste and you should go listen to Fall Out Boy.

finally, you wont love this labum on the first listen. but if youre oprn minded enough, you might love it on the 5th listen.

great album!
    -

lowlight10 wrote:

third, If you are waiting for Pure Massacre II, then you have horrible taste and you should go listen to Fall Out Boy.

finally, you wont love this labum on the first listen. but if youre oprn minded enough, you might love it on the 5th listen.

great album!

Well played. Why do I feel like a crazy person for thinking the first two albums are CLEARLY their weakest. Not just their weakest, but the weakest BY FAR.

It's like saying the people that say Pearl Jam quit being good after Vitalogy.
  • mulva9mulva9 Posts: 417
    Well played. Why do I feel like a crazy person for thinking the first two albums are CLEARLY their weakest. Not just their weakest, but the weakest BY FAR.

You're not crazy. Neon Ballroom, Diorama, and YM are in my constant rotation. I only listen to the others occasionally.

I do feel like they should throw in a few Frogstomp songs every now and then just to shut people up. People will never stop asking for them.

I've gone to a lot of Nada Surf shows and people always yelled for Popular and they wouldn't play it. Lately they've just embraced it and play it again. People go nuts, so why the hell not?

Frogstomp is a great album, but its a completely different band. I think Freak Show actually started them in the direction of who they are. I remember in 97 I was playing Petrol & Chlorine on repeat.
    -

• rival.rival. Posts: 7,775

you are so fucking wrong.
    I ordered the live DVD from Circuit City and they shipped me the live CD. Now I cant find the DVD online coded for North America. Fuck!
    I ordered the live DVD from Circuit City and they shipped me the live CD. Now I cant find the DVD online coded for North America. Fuck!

fuck, so im guessing the thing i ordered is just the cd eh?
  • fuck, so im guessing the thing i ordered is just the cd eh?

Possibly, I hope not for your sake. I assume we used the same link from that older Silverchair thread.
  • lowlight10 wrote:

great album!

Yea I was refering to Shade. Thank you king of all the good music for pointing out what horrible taste I have. You do not know anything about me. I like some of Silverchairs other music as well. Without You is probably right up there with the others I mentioned but I like their first album as good as any. It was raw and full of energy. It is nothing like Fall Out Boy poppy top 40 bullshit. Don't weep for me brother, weep for yourself and your judgemental attitude.
    8-20-92 \ 6-16-08
    10-4-96 \ 5-6-10
    9-6-98 \ 5-7-10
    4-19-03 \ 9-22-12
    10-6-04 \ 7-19-13
    6-24-06 \ 12-6-13
    10-1-14 \ 4-16-16
    \ 4-26-16 \
  • Well played. Why do I feel like a crazy person for thinking the first two albums are CLEARLY their weakest. Not just their weakest, but the weakest BY FAR..

Yea, you're crazy....
    8-20-92 \ 6-16-08
    10-4-96 \ 5-6-10
    9-6-98 \ 5-7-10
    4-19-03 \ 9-22-12
    10-6-04 \ 7-19-13
    6-24-06 \ 12-6-13
    10-1-14 \ 4-16-16
    \ 4-26-16 \