Guns N' Roses "Better" What do you think?

2»

Comments

• Manimal wrote:
    A hell of a lot better then other stuff out there today. Just release the damn album already..

if you really think that then maybe you ought to expand your musical tastes a bit.

i saw it announced last night that the new albm has been delayed again, as it has yet to be mastered. or the planets aren't in the correct alighnment. or axl's changed all the band members again. ho hum.
  • Dustin51Dustin51 Posts: 222
    I wonder if some people want to like this so much that it stops them from being objective about it. I know in my case there are certain things that I fully admit that I cannot be objective about. If Better was a Pearl Jam song I'd might love it who knows? But G'n'R even though they are awesome I can still be objective about and objectively speaking that song sucks.
    Be excellent to each other
  • chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    From the youtube link, Axl sounded great between 3:40 and 4 minutes, but the rest of the time he sounded out of breath.
    Gonna wait til i hear the album in full before i give a proper opinion but i dont really like this much.
  • larslars Posts: 524
    How can any of you possibly compare this to old G'N'R? Aside from Axl, it is a completely different band. Yes, Axl uses the G'N'R name but, be realistic, its a completely new band. You won't get Sweet Child O' Mine II. "He's trying to create another Coma." He seems to be running from the old G'N'R sound so, I don't agree at all. The song is a hook heavy and has a cool melody, its nothing spectacular but, at least he is trying to move forward unlike Velvet Revolver who rely on the same tired riffs that were used 10-15 years ago.
    I guess comparing them to the old gnr is pretty natural since the band still is called guns n roses....I still think the new stuff sounds promising
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.