Guiltiest Pleasure?

Comments

• TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    whats wrong with the Counting Crows- theyre amazing, no need to hide in the closet
    I like the Counting Crows! I used to get picked on in college, but i didn't care.
    I also liked
    Flock of Seagulls
    Butthole Surfers
    Ramones
    Stiff Little FIngers
    Journey
    Ratt (oops)
    I saw the Scorpions with Bon Jovi opening! great show
    So many more.. :)
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • GRIMMYGRIMMY Posts: 370
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I like the Counting Crows! I used to get picked on in college, but i didn't care.
    I also liked
    Flock of Seagulls
    Butthole Surfers
    Ramones
    Stiff Little FIngers
    Journey
    Ratt (oops)
    I saw the Scorpions with Bon Jovi opening! great show
    So many more.. :)
    Wow...RAtt..I not sure what do say
    grimmy
    GRIMMY wrote:
    Wow...RAtt..I not sure what do say
    I was in like 8th grade silly...
    They were opening for Motley Crue and I desperately wanted to go but the parents said no way.. What can I say...I was a metal chick. And then a punk rock girl. Now I just love everyone.
    What are your guilty pleasures? Hmmm?
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I was in like 8th grade silly...
    They were opening for Motley Crue and I desperately wanted to go but the parents said no way.. What can I say...I was a metal chick. And then a punk rock girl. Now I just love everyone.
    What are your guilty pleasures? Hmmm?

TC - you have a big set of brass ones saying you're a metal chick - I love it! Must have been the time period, as I love it as well. So many 80's cds just sitting in a bag somewhere in my basement waiting to be fired up...as soon as I can find a 2 litre of Bartles and James wine cooler I'm crankin it up!

Guilty pleasure is Jimmy Buffett, especially now with summer coming, and an acronym of one of his songs was once my username. Turns out everyone here thought I was female!
    I love to turn you on
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Journey.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Tina Turner - Private Dancer
    Hey brother.
  • Journey.

What he said. Don't Stop Believin' is currently my ringtone.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    Yeh I love that umbrella song, thats my guilty pleasure right now, but who cares, she is smokin hot :P
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • I know quite a few closet Counting Crow fans.

I cannot comprehend people's embarassment about Counting Crows. They are one of the most talented pop rock bands in existence.

That said, my guiltiest pleasure: Bryan Adams. I grew up listening to him, have some great memories of his music as a kid -including seeing him at Wembley Stadium when I was 11 - and you can't shake memories like that very easily.

Current guilty pleasures? Linkin Park, an awful lot of UK Garage music from a few years ago, and that song called 'Yeah Yeah' by Bodyrox ft. Luciana. That's some groovy shit.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • deadmosquitodeadmosquito Posts: 729
    I also like Singers who have great voices, even if their sytle of music is not of my liking, i.e. Pink

she should do a blues record. i too love her voice but not so much her music. she would be an excellent blues vocalist.
    TC - you have a big set of brass ones saying you're a metal chick - I love it! Must have been the time period, as I love it as well. So many 80's cds just sitting in a bag somewhere in my basement waiting to be fired up...as soon as I can find a 2 litre of Bartles and James wine cooler I'm crankin it up!

Guilty pleasure is Jimmy Buffett, especially now with summer coming, and an acronym of one of his songs was once my username. Turns out everyone here thought I was female!
    G E T O U T!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now!
    Bartles and Jaymes???? You just put the biggest smile on my face. Like going back in a time machine. lol
    Big set of brass ones...lol
    Jeez, now I need to have some wine coolers, call my college rommmate and sing Every Rose Has It's Thorn and Nothing Compares 2 U.
  • Fender_ManFender_Man Posts: 408
    zircona1 wrote:
    Wham! - Make It Big

I also like George Michael's solo stuff, "Freedom 90" is a great song.

My wifes a big fan and I have to admit to having a sneaky admiration for "Praying For Time".
    If I had to list my top 50 favorite songs, there would be a couple of Depeche Mode tunes in there and "Summer Breeze" by the Isley Brothers.
    "Easy" by the Commodores is also a great song! There, I've said it, in a public forum, I feel a great unburdening sensation!
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    now i wanna listen to time after time. I like Cyndi Lauper..Im not guilty about it either :D
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749
    ColdPlay

not ashamed of this one.

And I'll add Cat Stevens, James Taylor, Jim Croce, Cure, Jesus and Mary Chain to the list.
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    Jewel - Pieces of You album
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • jewel,

and bon jovi

*runs away and hides*
  • pdh1978pdh1978 Posts: 211
    Then we hugged, talked about our feelings, and cried a little.

LMAO :D

My guiltiest pleasure has to be Fat Lip by Sum41 - can't stand any of those kiddie-punk bands, but I love that track.
    If you all stop hitting refresh for just two minutes, I can buy my tickets...
    pdh1978 wrote:
    LMAO :D

My guiltiest pleasure has to be Fat Lip by Sum41 - can't stand any of those kiddie-punk bands, but I love that track.
    I am going to have my butt handed to me on a platter but I like...um.. Blink 182.
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Um
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    So I'd have to say that practically everything that everyone has mentioned so far is a band or performer I like. ESPECIALLY Cyndi! She's a legend!

But then I like opera and show tunes! So wtf would I know??!!! ;):D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • bladworth116bladworth116 Posts: 344
    Roxettes greatest hits frequently gets spun in my house
  • macgyver06macgyver06 Posts: 2,500
    nothing compares to you :)
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    macgyver06 wrote:
    nothing compares to you :)
    That's a great song. Not a guilty pleasure at all.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
    I suppose confessing that I've been listening to Staind on repeat for the last two hours doesn't qualify? Right? :o
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    I suppose confessing that I've been listening to Staind on repeat for the last two hours doesn't qualify? Right? :o
    Oh Jeanie...
    And I thought confessing to Ratt was bad. lol
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Brand New

brand new is NOT a guilty pleasure... their last 2 albums are 2 of the best albums i've heard in the last 10 years.

you're on the right track with pink though, and im with you.
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Oh Jeanie...
    And I thought confessing to Ratt was bad. lol

Would you believe I've now moved on to StoneSour on repeat???? :o

I have NO SHAME!!! :D

Although I did look at that Ratt link earlier today, and you should be shamed Trixie girl!! :D Those boots! That headband!! :D OH MY GOD!!!
    And I thought liking Def Leppard and Loverboy was embarrassing!! ;)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    Would you believe I've now moved on to StoneSour on repeat???? :o

I have NO SHAME!!! :D

Although I did look at that Ratt link earlier today, and you should be shamed Trixie girl!! :D Those boots! That headband!! :D OH MY GOD!!!
    And I thought liking Def Leppard and Loverboy was embarrassing!! ;)
    The headband! lol I know. Can you believe that video? White leather knee high boots on a man, baby.
    I forgot about Loverboy. I loved them!
    Saturday Night Fever??? ANyone?
    TrixieCat wrote:
    The headband! lol I know. Can you believe that video? White leather knee high boots on a man, baby.
    I forgot about Loverboy. I loved them!
    Saturday Night Fever??? ANyone?

Oh I'm not ashamed of my love for Saturday Night Fever!!! :D

Or any other DISCO music from the 70s!!! :D

I mean, how bout Boney M?
    Or Amy Stewart?
    Or Silver Convention?

Nah, I think there's more than enough daggy stuff in my back catalogue to embarrass me! :)

Oh! And strangely the boots were kinda hot! ;)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • I just asked my wife this question an she confessed that she was in a store last week, they started playing Ace Of Base and she almost jumped for joy.

Ha ha ha.