Guiltiest Pleasure?

otis mcflusterotis mcfluster Posts: 536
edited June 2007 in Other Music
My buddy recently confided in me that Time After Time by Cindy Lauper is one of his favorite songs.

I told him that while I admire that tune and his bravery for sharing such information; Forever Young by Rod Stewart was my guiltiest pleasure track.

Then we hugged, talked about our feelings, and cried a little.

What is your favorite guilty pleasure song?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I hope to goodness you are joking about the crying thing...
    anyway, I'm with your friend. Cyndi Lauper is just about my guiltiest pleasure, although I enjoy her ironically. I genuinely like Fall Out Boy.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Time After Time is a great tune.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • A few closet Cyndi Lauper fans out there.

Apparently no love for Rod Stewart, huh?
  • I do enjoy a couple of Cyndi Lauper's songs... But I just can't forgive Rod Stewart for slaughtering Tom Waits' Downtown Train. My friend's a real big fan of Stewart's though.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • hendrix78hendrix78 Posts: 507
    Bon Jovi - Livin On a Prayer
  • tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    Nelly furtado last album singles ´maneater, Promiscuous, Say It Right´
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i would NEVER consider Cyndi Lauper a guilty pleasure. she has one of the best vocal ranges PERIOD. listen to the way she sustains that note at the end of "Money Changes Everything", listen to "Hat Full Of Stars"... listen to that song. unbelievable.

guess i like Journey a little more than i should.
  • tonadax wrote:
    Nelly furtado last album singles ´maneater, Promiscuous, Say It Right´

that whole album is pretty good, i wouldnt call it a guilty pleasure. nor would i call cyndi lauper a guilty pleasure.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    kelly clarkson

god kill me now
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    I love the song Time After Time, but her voice is annoying in it. I like the Quietdrive version of it, even if they are some emo band.

I have to say my guiltiest pleasure is Limp Bizkit.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • ColdPlay
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • GVN2FLIGVN2FLI Posts: 46
    Hootie and his Blowfish.
    I am Jack, The Pumpkin King!
    The eyes are the groin of the head.
  • I know quite a few closet Counting Crow fans.
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    kelly clarkson

god kill me now

that girl has an UNBELIEVABLE voice.
  • yep, nothing wrong with kelly.
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    hendrix78 wrote:
    Bon Jovi - Livin On a Prayer
    Yeah!!!!!!!
    Bon Jovi is one of mine, too!
    Another one for me is Dress You Up from Madonna.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • TrixieCat wrote:
    Yeah!!!!!!!
    Bon Jovi is one of mine, too!
    Another one for me is Dress You Up from Madonna.

Bon Jovi is not a guilty pleasure, dammit!:D

Or at least, they weren't until Crush came out.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • GRIMMYGRIMMY Posts: 370
    I like Piggies..
    grimmy
    GRIMMY wrote:
    I like Piggies..
    I think we are talking about music here..
    Unless you are talking about the Beatles, but somehow I don't think you are.
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I think we are talking about music here..
    Unless you are talking about the Beatles, but somehow I don't think you are.
    ohhh...wrong thread....If I had to say my son walks around sing "I dont like your girlfriend" ..its starting to catch on....
    grimmy
    GRIMMY wrote:
    ohhh...wrong thread....If I had to say my son walks around sing "I dont like your girlfriend" ..its starting to catch on....
    Your son likes Avril Lavigne? Isn't he 5? lol
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Your son likes Avril Lavigne? Isn't he 5? lol
    all most 5 ..he digs all music except country I raised him right...lol
    grimmy
    GRIMMY wrote:
    all most 5 ..he digs all music except country I raised him right...lol
    I have to admit that Holden likes the song Not Ready To Make Nice from the Dixie Chicks. It is on a mix cd my friend made for me.
    He really likes reggae and blues too. He is a good singer. I love him...
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I have to admit that Holden likes the song Not Ready To Make Nice from the Dixie Chicks. It is on a mix cd my friend made for me.
    He really likes reggae and blues too. He is a good singer. I love him...
    thats funny you mention that song I do like that one..my daughter digs the dixie chicks...
    grimmy
    GRIMMY wrote:
    thats funny you mention that song I do like that one..my daughter digs the dixie chicks...
    Because she is cool. :)
    I know you are a dad and all and never want her to ever date boys or wear makeup, but when you are ready, I will teach her everything she needs to know about makeup. :) I remember my dad's reaction the first time he saw me wearing makeup...my heart goes out to you.
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,836
    GRIMMY wrote:

yeah i don't know if you are calling the dixie chicks a guilty pleasure or not but they shouldn't be considered that, they are a very talented band. i would consider myself a fan, although that being said i would have to contradict myself by saying that i consider them a guilty pleasure of mine. i think this is just because i find myself hesitent to admit to people that i'm a fan. i think this is because i am a male and this is very much a girl band. i guess men just aren't supposed to listen to the dixie chicks but oh well, i can't help myself.
  • zircona1zircona1 Posts: 293
    Wham! - Make It Big

I also like George Michael's solo stuff, "Freedom 90" is a great song.
    "As long as the music's loud enough, we won't hear the world falling apart."—Jubilee

"I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin
  • yeah i don't know if you are calling the dixie chicks a guilty pleasure or not but they shouldn't be considered that, they are a very talented band. i would consider myself a fan, although that being said i would have to contradict myself by saying that i consider them a guilty pleasure of mine. i think this is just because i find myself hesitent to admit to people that i'm a fan. i think this is because i am a male and this is very much a girl band. i guess men just aren't supposed to listen to the dixie chicks but oh well, i can't help myself.

their last album was fantastic.
  • well i dont feel guilty for any music i listen to but i can see that people might not like what i do , so here are some bands that i know people hate that i like.

for one i like a lot of what some consider Emo bands

Coheed and Cambria
    Dashboard confessional
    Thursday
    Thrice
    Circa Survive
    The Early november
    Brand New
    Taking Back Sunday

i also Love cheesy 80's pop & Dance music, but who doesnt.
    I also like Singers who have great voices, even if their sytle of music is not of my liking, i.e. Pink
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • I know quite a few closet Counting Crow fans.

whats wrong with the Counting Crows- theyre amazing, no need to hide in the closet
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982