Icky Thump vs. Avocada

2»

Comments

• mattosbornemattosborne Posts: 339
    I guess it would help if I were more than just a casual White Stripes fan. I like a few songs here and there but, would never buy an album. Avocado by 2 and a half miles.
    The Official Matt Cameron appreciation signature!
  • OutOfBreathOutOfBreath Posts: 1,804
    Well, as "Icky Thump" has blown me away for the past week and I am already declaring it thier best album ever, and considering I was mildly disappointed with Avocado, apart from the usual 4-5 great songs, well...

I'm sorry, but I'll go with Icky Thump. Jack has finally gone heavier, bluesier and even more quirky than before. This is how I hoped most deeply that WS would sound at some point. And since Avocado doesn't really have that unbeatable quality of most of PJs other records, I was particularly disappointed about the slow numbers, seeing how recent songs I Am Mine, Man Of The Hour and so on are so good.

So I'll go with the White Stripes' best album over one of PJs weakest. One vote for Icky Thump here.

Peace
    Dan
    "YOU [humans] NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN'T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?" - Death

"Every judgment teeters on the brink of error. To claim absolute knowledge is to become monstrous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty." - Frank Herbert, Dune, 1965
  • Icky Thump, definitely.
  • WOW, Icky Thump with an amazing resurgence.

97 v. 38

This is a complete reversal of percentages from a week ago.
  • SchokiSchoki Posts: 5,072
    Had the chance today to listen to Icky Thump. Amazing album but still not even close to the Avocado.
  • PearlStripesPearlStripes Posts: 267
    Favorite band: Pearl Jam by far

Honestly though, Icky Thump wins this easily
  • good lord..next we'll be pitting john lennon against mc hammer
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    good lord..next we'll be pitting john lennon against mc hammer
    Now that is scary! I wonder who would win that one? :D;)

a member and one lead singer/ writer of the Beatles or a one hit wonder hip hop artist with some oversized parachute pants! :D

this joke made me laugh. :D
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12