Options

Dusseldorf

yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
edited August 2008 in The Porch
So what does one do when they have a scratched Dusseldorf? Should I just tear it up and burn it or send it off to get matted and framed.

The only real value would be hanging on my wall but those scratches will stare at me for the rest of my life.
Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,172
    yoke wrote:
    So what does one do when they have a scratched Dusseldorf? Should I just tear it up and burn it or send it off to get matted and framed.

The only real value would be hanging on my wall but those scratches will stare at me for the rest of my life.

Are you talkin about the bottom left corner with a few white spots...or deep scrathes? Mine has a few spots from screening...You cant tell unless your a foot away
  • Options
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Are you talkin about the bottom left corner with a few white spots...or deep scrathes? Mine has a few spots from screening...You cant tell unless your a foot away

As soon as I get some energy I wll go get it and post a pic( its down stairs and I am on crutches ). It has some marks on the Left side in the red area, they are not deep but enough to see a color change. Almost looks like scuffs when it was rolled.

www.seanbrady.net
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    send it tio a poster restorer - by all accounts once they've corrected the flaws you'll never know the difference
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,172
    yoke wrote:
    As soon as I get some energy I wll go get it and post a pic( its down stairs and I am on crutches ). It has some marks on the Left side in the red area, they are not deep but enough to see a color change. Almost looks like scuffs when it was rolled.

Yikes

Did you get it in the mystery sale?I wonder if that "take it as is"applies to damage or just people who are unhappy with what they got
  • Options
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Yikes

Did you get it in the mystery sale?I wonder if that "take it as is"applies to damage or just people who are unhappy with what they got

No, I got this ahile ago.. I am over on Ebeans looking for suggestions. I also have a scratch on my Vic poster in the hat area. I swear if I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any at all.

Oh and I think that the take it "as is" is for anything(other than Aussie posters).

www.seanbrady.net
  • Options
    InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    ill take it :)
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    I was told by an artist once that one way to get out scuff marks is to buy a VERY soft bristled brush from a art supply shop .... in a light circular motion, brush the print, do not wet the brush.

depending on the severity, paint and paper type ... it can take out minor scuffing
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    I was told by an artist once that one way to get out scuff marks is to buy a VERY soft bristled brush from a art supply shop .... in a light circular motion, brush the print, do not wet the brush.

depending on the severity, paint and paper type ... it can take out minor scuffing

yeah that is what i am reading.. I may give it a shot and see what happens.

www.seanbrady.net