Cornell with Timbaland????

2»

Comments

• I'm not into his mainstream shit, I thought that everything after Euphoria Morning sucked, especially Carry On.

You never know, Timbaland may produce a good album. No one Knows until it happens.
    so you agreed with pretty much everyhting I think.
    But we had this disaster.

god bless this board, its just too much, it never was like this in 95 thur 06.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • so you agreed with pretty much everyhting I think.
    But we had this disaster.

god bless this board, its just too much, it never was like this in 95 thur 06.

I never disagreed with ya in the first place, I just made a comment :)

Well I do disagree with what you think about Rick Rubin and hip-hop, but that's another topic ;)
    NERDS!
  • luxpjamerluxpjamer Posts: 837
    I think that "rap" producers are able to work with rock Musicians...that's not the question but does someone really think that Timbaland can handle this?
    Don't get me wrong Timabaland can make good pop music, his style isn't bad. His beats are catchy,he made good work with Justin and madonna. One republic aren't so bad for mainstream and teens. But I dislike the fact that Timbaland is too present in the music from the artists he produced. It seems for me that he doesn't try to get the best from the musicians but the best from himself.
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
  • Brain Of E wrote:
    Let's face it, Chris Cornell loves being famous....Chris wants all the glory to himself so he went solo, which sucked. Most of Chris' solo stuff sucks. I always thought he did much better work with bands. Except for like a handful of songs, nothing really compares to the greatness of classic jams like Hunger Strike or Black Hole Sun or I am the Highway.

You do realise he wrote each of those songs by himself? ;)

Had he "loved being famous", he would have stayed in multi-platinum Audioslave, surely, rather than striking out on his own and taking a cut in relative status. What you mistake for arrogance - "wanting all the glory to himself" - is actually a simple desire for independence and creative autonomy. Which, given the work he's done and the songs he's written in his career, I'd say he thoroughly deserves.
    www.myspace.com/clareobrienwright
    www.chriscornell.org.uk
  • It seems as though everybody's already decided to hate this album. With a voice as powerful as his, Cornell would be doing the world a great disservice by constraining himself to a specific sound. I highly doubt this will sound anything like your typical Timbaland album; which is probably why he wanted to work with Cornell in the first place.

Cornell has more than proven himself as a man of musical integrity, much deserving of our respect. All I'm saying is keep an open mind.

Three crooked hearts, swirls all around

You can't spell Gossard without G-O-D
  • ii44ii44 Posts: 430
    Brain Of E wrote:
    Let's face it, Chris Cornell loves being famous. Of course he's going to want to work with the hottest producers, especially a black/hiphop dude. I'm sure he's expecting the same kind of media attention as when Run DMC and Aerosmith did that remix. Soundgarden broke up because it was getting too mainstream, it was Chris who wanted that not the other guys. The same with Rage, except it was the band that wanted fame and the singer left. Thats why Audioslave was such a great combo. But now Chris wants all the glory to himself so he went solo, which sucked. Most of Chris' solo stuff sucks. I always thought he did much better work with bands. Except for like a handful of songs, nothing really compares to the greatness of classic jams like Hunger Strike or Black Hole Sun or I am the Highway. It's a good thing he still puts on great shows and plays all of his hits, because it's the only thing keeping people interested in him, kind of like a nostaglia act. I think that with this next album he's going to have to do something incredibly different to disassociate himself with his past bands to create a better image of him as a solo artist. I'm really interested to hear what this is going to sound like. I doubt its going to be a hip-hop album, he's not that dumb, he can't rap, remember when he butchered Zack's rhymes? It's gotta be straight up rock, no more of that crooner crap, this has got to have the same mass appeal as Jay-Z, Nelly Furtado or all of the artists Timbaland has produced for. I think Timbo is a decent producer and I hope it works and is on or above par with both of their prievious releases.

The fuck?

Audioslave is/was a band that's popular with people who have never heard of Soundgarden, they we're hugely successful. Many people don't ewven know that it's the same/singerand songwriter. If Chris were in it solely for the money and fame don't you think he would have kept that band together?

If he were in it for the fame then why have both his solo album been radical departues from the style of music he's famous for? Why would he leave a hugely successful band to make a solo record of music that will never get layed on the radio? If he wanted a bunch of money he could just use the same heavy rock formula over again but he didn't.
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    Does Cornell EVER play a festival he's signed up for?! I wish he'd stop being such a studio hog and maybe get out once in a while. To escape festivals one year for 'studio time' is bad enough, but to do it again a few years later is plain ignorance/selfishness/lack of priorities.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • fowls wrote:
    Does Cornell EVER play a festival he's signed up for?! I wish he'd stop being such a studio hog and maybe get out once in a while. To escape festivals one year for 'studio time' is bad enough, but to do it again a few years later is plain ignorance/selfishness/lack of priorities.

"Get out once in a while"? You'll have to excuse me, but it's this sort of plug-ignorant comments that really gets up my nose. Do you have ANY idea how many shows CC has played worldwide since he started touring solo a year ago? Both his own solo shows (usually without an opening act and playing anything up to 3 hours...) as well as umpteen festivals around the world? He's been all over the US, all over Europe, to Australia, NZ, Canada, South Africa, Mexico and South America.

Check out this link from my site. Click on a few of the links if you want to find out more. I think it adds up to 115, including the couple of South African festivals in March which I haven;t got round to adding yet. And he's played six shows in the UK, which you've plainly managed to miss. Including a festival - Hyde Park Calling in London last year.

http://www.chriscornell.org.uk/tourarchive.htm
    www.myspace.com/clareobrienwright
    www.chriscornell.org.uk
  • fowls wrote:

Pfffft, watch yo-self.

The man has been, and will continue to be, touring so much it would make Jerry Garcia blush if he were still alive.

Ungrateful! (no pun intended)

Three crooked hearts, swirls all around

You can't spell Gossard without G-O-D
  • there is no question chris has done strange things, no question at all, you can call us names, make fun of us for stating the obvious, make yourself tuffer whatever .
    But he has done things that suck, and leaves people hanging. Its hard to figure his direction as a fan lets face it. So this is why you get all this disagreement.
    The chris I remeber never liked touring, now he tours alot.
    the old chris was not into doing mainstream, than he was, then he wasnt now he is.
    THE PROBLEM ISNT THAT WE DONT LIKE CHRIS AND RESPECT HIS TALENT, THE ALBUM COULD BE THE BEST EVER.
    Its the fact that you guys overlook his zig zag career that has been full of letdowns and some shitty music at times.
    THAT IS WHY WE NEVER GO ANYWHERE WITH THESE THREADS.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • there is no question chris has done strange things, no question at all, you can call us names, make fun of us for stating the obvious, make yourself tuffer whatever .
    But he has done things that suck, and leaves people hanging. Its hard to figure his direction as a fan lets face it. So this is why you get all this disagreement.
    The chris I remeber never liked touring, now he tours alot.
    the old chris was not into doing mainstream, than he was, then he wasnt now he is.
    THE PROBLEM ISNT THAT WE DONT LIKE CHRIS AND RESPECT HIS TALENT, THE ALBUM COULD BE THE BEST EVER.
    Its the fact that you guys overlook his zig zag career that has been full of letdowns and some shitty music at times.
    THAT IS WHY WE NEVER GO ANYWHERE WITH THESE THREADS.

You're complaining that he's enjoying touring now? :confused:
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Brain Of EBrain Of E Posts: 499
    That's exactly what I'm talking about. Thats why Audioslave was such a great combo, they were hugely popular, which is what Chris wanted. I don't think he's doing it for the money, I think its just the fame. He's already rich as hell, and he'll always have royalty checks coming in after retirement. I think he wants to be taken more seriously as a solo artist. Except, like you said, "why have both his solo albums been radical departues from the style of music he's famous for?" His first solo attempts haven't been doing too good, thats why he's hired a hot producer. He wants the Chris Cornell brand name to be as big as Soundgarden and Audioslave. But i think that if it's going to work, he's got to get back to that good ol' rock formula that has worked for him in the past. Otherwise he's going end up just being a Soundgarden tribute band.
    Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.