Cornell with Timbaland????

luxpjamerluxpjamer Posts: 837
edited April 2008 in Other Music
Is Cornell really working with timbaland for his new album ??!??
Is he going to be the next Justin Timberlake ? :(
Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• luxpjamer wrote:

Rick Rubin started as a Hip Hop producer.

Did the RHCP, Black Crowes, Johnny Cash, etc... make Justin Timberlake style music?

there's your answer.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • Rick Rubin started as a Hip Hop producer.

Did the RHCP, Black Crowes, Johnny Cash, etc... make Justin Timberlake style music?

there's your answer.

Your answer is 1 sided.
    What about all these years chris played the underground serious musician. Like the one who wanted his band to quit making music becasue it was too mainstream.
    now Timbaland is producing his stuff.
    try this, Chris has been aroun long enough to produce his own music. So he wants a new sound thats his choice, but dont act6 like we have to be creaming in our pants over it.
    And most of the music rick did with those guys sucked. And just how much hip hop did rick do, he wasnt as successfull as timbaland, he wasnt fronting on mtv acting all gangster.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Your answer is 1 sided.
    What about all these years chris played the underground serious musician. Like the one who wanted his band to quit making music becasue it was too mainstream.
    try this, Chris has been aroun long enough to produce his own music. So he wants a new sound thats his choice, but dont act6 like we have to be creaming in our pants over it.
    And most of the music rick did with those guys sucked. And just how much hip hop did rick do, he wasnt as successfull as timbaland, he wasnt fronting on mtv acting all gangster.

It's no more one sided than your original statement. And there is nothing to say Timbaland couldn't turn his hand to producing a rock album.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,152
    It's no more one sided than your original statement. And there is nothing to say Timbaland couldn't turn his hand to producing a rock album.

yea because Timbland with One Republic was awesome.

Can you hear my sarcasm?
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Rick Rubin started as a Hip Hop producer.

there's your answer.

Don't forget Chris himself worked with Rick on two Audioslave albums.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    luxpjamer wrote:
    he certainly has the jeans for it!
  • HOOKERHOOKER Posts: 1,443
    pjtaper wrote:
    he certainly has the jeans for it!

LOL.
    Nice to know you.
  • Your answer is 1 sided.
    What about all these years chris played the underground serious musician.

When was that?

Soundgarden was the first Seattle band of the "grunge" era to sign to a major label.

and i seem to remember him doing a "making the video" on MTV for his first solo album.

Then he joined audioslave. Not very underground there.

Carry On certainly wasn't a huge seller, but major label none the less.

When exactly was he underground?
    Like the one who wanted his band to quit making music becasue it was too mainstream.

Are you talking about Soundgarden?

i am pretty sure they broke up because Chris and Kim were clashing on how their sound should be. Chris wanted to be more mainstream, and Kim wanted to be heavier.

Dr. Dre worked on NIN's The Fragile.

Trent Reznor and a gangsta rapper don't exactly mesh either, but it sounded great.
    try this, Chris has been aroun long enough to produce his own music.

Producers typically are just a guy with an unbiased opinion to say "yeah, that's good." or "try to sing that part higher/lower" or whatever.

So he wants a new sound thats his choice, but dont act6 like we have to be creaming in our pants over it.

i don't think he is acting that way. He is not talking about who he is working with any more than AC/DC is talking about their work with Brendan Obrien. i don't see the difference.

People are just taking more notice because a hip hop producer is working with a rock musician.
    And most of the music rick did with those guys sucked.

i disagree. Rick has his name on more awesome rock albums than most other producers combined.
    And just how much hip hop did rick do, he wasnt as successfull as timbaland,

Bullshit. He started Def Jam records with Russell Simmons.

Ever heard of the Beastie Boys? Run DMC? LL Cool L? Public Enemy?

Rick Rubin is hugely succesful in the rap world.
    he wasnt fronting on mtv acting all gangster.

Rick was pretty gangster in the 80s

http://glob.anewyorkthing.com/wp-content/photos/10650520_Detail550.jpeg
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    When was that?

Soundgarden was the first Seattle band of the "grunge" era to sign to a major label.

and i seem to remember him doing a "making the video" on MTV for his first solo album.

i am pretty sure they broke up because Chris and Kim were clashing on how their sound should be. Chris wanted to be more mainstream, and Kim wanted to be heavier.

Trent Reznor and a gangsta rapper don't exactly mesh either, but it sounded great.

Producers typically are just a guy with an unbiased opinion to say "yeah, that's good." or "try to sing that part higher/lower" or whatever.

i don't think he is acting that way. He is not talking about who he is working with any more than AC/DC is talking about their work with Brendan Obrien. i don't see the difference.

People are just taking more notice because a hip hop producer is working with a rock musician.

i disagree. Rick has his name on more awesome rock albums than most other producers combined.

Game, Set, Match!!
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    yea because Timbland with One Republic was awesome.

Can you hear my sarcasm?

Meh, it was alright as pop music goes. That has no bearing on what Cornell's new album is going to sound like though.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    I won't discount the album until I hear it. I like to try to stay as open-minded as possible.

And I'm actually becoming a Carry On convert. I hated it when it first came out, but just recently I actually seem to be listening to it a lot and getting a hell of a lot of enjoyment out of it. It's the perfect springtime soundtrack for me.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    When was that?

Hey, don’t go getting all logical on folks. That will just confuse the issue…
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    his new song lyrics

ooooooohhhhhhh jean were have you gone
    oooohhhhh jean how I love to wear you till your faded and gone
    oooh jean how i love it when you have rips like at the gap
    ooohh jean riped jeans are cool now
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • "Frilly Jeans are not my lovers?"
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • It's no more one sided than your original statement. And there is nothing to say Timbaland couldn't turn his hand to producing a rock album.

Im sure he could, there are prob 4 sides to this, I ve been down this road with chrissy, When its done good music speaks for itself, if its good Ill be the first one with a woody.Chris has the power, he just tends to use it differantly from time to time.

no more shows
  • mole1985 wrote:
    Game, Set, Match!!
    game set and go f@$() yourself

seriously, I aint your bitch, its my opinion and its no way as left field as you make it sound.
    Gee a hip hop gangster producer is producing a prodominat rock singers mainstream album, and we cant have an opinion without a smack in the face.
    you guys wonder why all you do is argue in every post.

Go search soundgarden and get your facts straight, read some interviews, chris didnt like the reputation of the band and hated touring with them and their was too much discord within the band.

You guys act like becasue your 18 and some of us are almost 40, we have to appreciate mtv mainstream bullshit without being discredited, go fucking learn a few things about music before you act like you invented it.
    And rick rubin sucks, and nine inch nails is a dorky ass mainstream band too. Where do those bands credit anything to what cornell has done. why not credit cornell to some better musicains than the black crowes and nine inch nails.

no more shows
  • Im so happy happy joy joy that everyone loves chris and he can just go do any michael jackson cover and do what ever he wants, he can go kiss guys for all I care. His last music ventures were not that great, sub par at best after euphoria morning, Im glad you guys love him, but dont discredit people becasue they arent interested, and Its pretty funny chris would fork out the money for this guy to sit around and bullshit with him. This guy posted this and I am not happy about it.
    End of match, no overtime, You want to hate on me for my opinion at least I give you stuff to humour yourselves over, honestly, its always been this way with cornell and his pj/fanbase so why should I expect it to be any differant.

no more shows
  • Im so happy happy joy joy that everyone loves chris and he can just go do any michael jackson cover and do what ever he wants, he can go kiss guys for all I care. His last music ventures were not that great, sub par at best after euphoria morning, Im glad you guys love him, but dont discredit people becasue they arent interested, and Its pretty funny chris would fork out the money for this guy to sit around and bullshit with him. This guy posted this and I am not happy about it.
    End of match, no overtime, You want to hate on me for my opinion at least I give you stuff to humour yourselves over, honestly, its always been this way with cornell and his pj/fanbase so why should I expect it to be any differant.

How's this any different from you posting this and hating on him? :confused:
    NERDS!
  • How's this any different from you posting this and hating on him? :confused:
    It doesnt have to be differant, its how I feel, I get that you guiys are into him doing differant mainstream shit, hes into it, but you look at the people who dont respect that and you act like we are home listening to frank sinatra and rocking in our chairs, when a big portion of the rock worl probabaly is laughing their ass off. The first reply was that it was a no brainer it will be great, and it isnt. His last album was weak, commpared to his other work.
    I am sorry I am on the other side and not agreeing. It gives you guys the ability to keep quoting me and acting like I should see this as a vision.
    I wont.

no more shows

• Go search soundgarden and get your facts straight, read some interviews, chris didnt like the reputation of the band and hated touring with them and their was too much discord within the band.

Another example of you talking absolute crap. Where exactly did he say he hated touring with the band, and what discord are you talking about?
  • Another example of you talking absolute crap. Where exactly did he say he hated touring with the band, and what discord are you talking about?
    I am not talking crap go read some of the sg webpages, its not like I am making up, those guys faught like cats and dogs.
    Its pretty well known stuff, theres sg fans in this thread that I know, know this shit.
    Discord, these guys wouldnt even work in the studio together on the last album, they faught on the tour, ben shepahrd faught with fans when I saw them at the elctric factory in philly, it was pretty well known.
    When I met ben at a wellwater show he was talking trash on cornell.

no more shows
  • I am not talking crap go read some of the sg webpages, its not like I am making up, those guys faught like cats and dogs.
    Its pretty well known stuff, theres sg fans in this thread that I know, know this shit.
    Discord, these guys wouldnt even work in the studio together on the last album, they faught on the tour, ben shepahrd faught with fans when I saw them at the elctric factory in philly, it was pretty well known.
    When I met ben at a wellwater show he was talking trash on cornell.

No shit. I have read them all.

Ben was always a wanker to fans even in the BMF days. So what? That was the image all the SG guys liked to portray except for maybe Matt (the nice guy). Call it stage character I guess.

What exactly did he say about Cornell? Or is this another case of chinese whispers with you?
  • http://web.stargate.net/soundgarden/articles/spin_7-97.shtml
    heres a spin article, there is alot more, plus alot of the diehard soundgarden fans I know that followed them said they were a train wreck on the road.
    So its not like I am standing here making shit up.
    Geez, Im a fucking fan like you guys are, Im just against hip hop,
    wtf

no more shows
  • No shit. I have read them all.

Ben was always a wanker to fans even in the BMF days. So what? That was the image all the SG guys liked to portray except for maybe Matt (the nice guy). Call it stage character I guess.

What exactly did he say about Cornell? Or is this another case of chinese whispers with you?

well if you read them all why would you act like I am making up that they didnt like touring and had discord between band members, and chris didnt want to cheapen their sound.

go read the 98 articles before the asideds album
    they didnt get along, am I supposed to come on here and lie, just to fit in.
    Im to old for that shit.
    As far as ben, he is nuts, the best story is when he was banned from lannigans studio session i believe maybe dessert sessions, for just doing too many drugs and fighting
    he told me thaat chris was a big puss, and smerked about audioslave, and went as far to say that pearl jam was a great money gig for matt.
    He says this shit to everyone, just dig.
    I mean I am as big as a cris fan than I could be, but this new age chris isnt for me, and people in here act like its scripture.
    Hes a great prob most talented rock singer to come around, there is no doubt.

no more shows
  • http://web.stargate.net/soundgarden/articles/spin_7-97.shtml
    heres a spin article, there is alot more, plus alot of the diehard soundgarden fans I know that followed them said they were a train wreck on the road.
    So its not like I am standing here making shit up.
    Geez, Im a fucking fan like you guys are, Im just against hip hop,
    wtf

I am aware that Soundgarden was in the shit late in DOTU tour. But this was a symptom rather than the reason for their breakup. But you make it sound like this tension was there throughout the bands career -it wasn't- and then that it was all Cornell's fault somehow.

Still waiting to hear what Ben said about Chris at the WWC show from you?
  • Brain Of EBrain Of E Posts: 499
    Let's face it, Chris Cornell loves being famous. Of course he's going to want to work with the hottest producers, especially a black/hiphop dude. I'm sure he's expecting the same kind of media attention as when Run DMC and Aerosmith did that remix. Soundgarden broke up because it was getting too mainstream, it was Chris who wanted that not the other guys. The same with Rage, except it was the band that wanted fame and the singer left. Thats why Audioslave was such a great combo. But now Chris wants all the glory to himself so he went solo, which sucked. Most of Chris' solo stuff sucks. I always thought he did much better work with bands. Except for like a handful of songs, nothing really compares to the greatness of classic jams like Hunger Strike or Black Hole Sun or I am the Highway. It's a good thing he still puts on great shows and plays all of his hits, because it's the only thing keeping people interested in him, kind of like a nostaglia act. I think that with this next album he's going to have to do something incredibly different to disassociate himself with his past bands to create a better image of him as a solo artist. I'm really interested to hear what this is going to sound like. I doubt its going to be a hip-hop album, he's not that dumb, he can't rap, remember when he butchered Zack's rhymes? It's gotta be straight up rock, no more of that crooner crap, this has got to have the same mass appeal as Jay-Z, Nelly Furtado or all of the artists Timbaland has produced for. I think Timbo is a decent producer and I hope it works and is on or above par with both of their prievious releases.
    Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
  • It doesnt have to be differant, its how I feel, I get that you guiys are into him doing differant mainstream shit, hes into it, but you look at the people who dont respect that and you act like we are home listening to frank sinatra and rocking in our chairs, when a big portion of the rock worl probabaly is laughing their ass off. The first reply was that it was a no brainer it will be great, and it isnt. His last album was weak, commpared to his other work.
    I am sorry I am on the other side and not agreeing. It gives you guys the ability to keep quoting me and acting like I should see this as a vision.
    I wont.

I'm not into his mainstream shit, I thought that everything after Euphoria Morning sucked, especially Carry On.

You never know, Timbaland may produce a good album. No one Knows until it happens.
    NERDS!
  • game set and go f@$() yourself

ouch. bad retort.
    seriously, I aint your bitch, its my opinion and its no way as left field as you make it sound.

the only thing out of left field is your inability to respond to anyone's retort's to your garbage blanket statements that hold no merit.

Gee a hip hop gangster producer is producing a prodominat rock singers mainstream album, and we cant have an opinion without a smack in the face.

because you're being ignorant. trying having a single ounce of knowledge and maybe people would take you seriously.
    you guys wonder why all you do is argue in every post.

you argue. poorly i might add.
    Go search soundgarden and get your facts straight, read some interviews, chris didnt like the reputation of the band and hated touring with them and their was too much discord within the band.

ok. great. soundgarden broke up on April 20th 1998, what does that have to do with April 18th 2008? 10 years later bro. Time to read a new interview.

You guys act like becasue your 18 and some of us are almost 40, we have to appreciate mtv mainstream bullshit without being discredited,

No, we just like when people get their facts straight and don't post a bunch of drunken bullshit.
    go fucking learn a few things about music before you act like you invented it.

Hahahahahahahaha!!! odd coming from the guy that know nothing about Def Jam.
    And rick rubin sucks,

You're insane.
    and nine inch nails is a dorky ass mainstream band too.

Chris Cornell is underground, and NIN is mainstream

What have you been smoking? Jesus fucking christ.
    Where do those bands credit anything to what cornell has done.

Well since NIN is influenced by Skinny Puppy, i am sure that wouldn't fit. And Rick Rubin was a rap producers that pre-dated Chris. So i am sure that doesn't fit either. Once again, what are you smoking?
    why not credit cornell to some better musicains than the black crowes and nine inch nails.

Because they are his contemporaries that also worked with "rap" producers you stupid ass.

Grow a brain and then come back to the conversation. See you in 2 decades.
  • luxpjamerluxpjamer Posts: 837
    I can imagine the video of his first single with Madonna, Nelly Furtado, One Republic, Justin and Timabaland....wow
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
  • ouch. bad retort.

the only thing out of left field is your inability to respond to anyone's retort's to your garbage blanket statements that hold no merit.

because you're being ignorant. trying having a single ounce of knowledge and maybe people would take you seriously.

you argue. poorly i might add.

ok. great. soundgarden broke up on April 20th 1998, what does that have to do with April 18th 2008? 10 years later bro. Time to read a new interview.

No, we just like when people get their facts straight and don't post a bunch of drunken bullshit.

Hahahahahahahaha!!! odd coming from the guy that know nothing about Def Jam.

You're insane.

Chris Cornell is underground, and NIN is mainstream

What have you been smoking? Jesus fucking christ.

Well since NIN is influenced by Skinny Puppy, i am sure that wouldn't fit. And Rick Rubin was a rap producers that pre-dated Chris. So i am sure that doesn't fit either. Once again, what are you smoking?

Because they are his contemporaries that also worked with "rap" producers you stupid ass.

Grow a brain and then come back to the conversation. See you in 2 decades.

Dude I have a life outside this board, you want to act this way towards me, whatever works.

bye, this place sure as hell is not supposed to be about this, you hands down are the biggest jack I have ever conversed with on here.
    God bless you
    enjoy the tour

no more shows