Time more bands took note - Coldplay merch

pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,057
edited July 2008 in Other Music

Comments

• DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    Say what you will about Coldplay's music, but pulling c**ppy merchandise that doesn't meet expectations is a classy move.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • deadmosquitodeadmosquito Posts: 729
    not to detract from the conversation, but is "c**p" just an edit of the word "crap?" since when can't you write "crap" in an article? it's not like it's a bad word.
  • maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    very cool - good for them!
    My lips are shaking.......
  • sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,034
    Yeah, not a huge fan, but that's a good move. They just earned some points in my book.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    It's time for PJ and most other big bands to take notice. The c**ppy t-shirts shouldn't be sold any more. I have some quality shirts from smaller bands that have lasted years but lately it seems that most bands are using terrible materials, i.e., Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, White Stripes. The only decent shirt I've gotten lately at a show was a Smashing Pumpkins t-shirt last fall that is much thicker than what I've become used to lately. Good for Coldplay for taking a stand for the fans!
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    and if/when shirts come back..make em 10 bucks...
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Coldplay's tickets were as high as $97.50 on the current tour, and they barely play 90 minutes.
  • JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Coldplay's tickets were as high as $97.50 on the current tour, and they barely play 90 minutes.

$97.50 is for the high end tickets. You can get in the building for around $40.

For 2008 where everything is more expensive that isn't so bad. I also believe they do a lot of interesting things with there stage show similar to U2 so that costs money.

Alls shows are different and cost different amounts. It really gets old for me constantly complaining about ticket prices.

Plus even if a band has low ticket prices like Radiohead all of the scalpers buy them and I have to end up paying $110 per ticket for mid range seats anyways.
    10/31/2000 (****)
    6/7/2003 (***1/2)
    7/9/2006 (****1/2)
    7/13/2006 (**** )
    4/10/2008 EV Solo (****1/2)
    6/25/2008 MSG II (*****)
    10/1/2009 LA II (****)
    10/6/2009 LA III (***** Cornell!!!)
  • Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    That's pretty cool that they looked at the tour merch and took action. Props... but yeah, tour shirts are so much fucking money, it's ridiculous.
    If I could, think I would give in.
    $97.50 is for the high end tickets. You can get in the building for around $40.

For 2008 where everything is more expensive that isn't so bad. I also believe they do a lot of interesting things with there stage show similar to U2 so that costs money.

Alls shows are different and cost different amounts. It really gets old for me constantly complaining about ticket prices.

Plus even if a band has low ticket prices like Radiohead all of the scalpers buy them and I have to end up paying $110 per ticket for mid range seats anyways.

They do interesting things with their stage to make up for their lack of showmanship, so, fans end up paying a premium to make up for their lameness onstage! :)
  • JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    They do interesting things with their stage to make up for their lack of showmanship, so, fans end up paying a premium to make up for their lameness onstage! :)

Somewhat...

There's a reason PJ doesn't need any props.
    10/31/2000 (****)
    6/7/2003 (***1/2)
    7/9/2006 (****1/2)
    7/13/2006 (**** )
    4/10/2008 EV Solo (****1/2)
    6/25/2008 MSG II (*****)
    10/1/2009 LA II (****)
    10/6/2009 LA III (***** Cornell!!!)
    Somewhat...

There's a reason PJ doesn't need any props.

agreed!
  • hoopinmanhoopinman Posts: 294
    why are people giving them kudos?? Shouldnt they be on top of that shit??? Now it looks cool cause they pulled the plug? what about all the other crap they have sold you??

I see tons of great merch from bands.....using labels like LRG or American Apparel shirts.....and they are MUCH smaller than Coldplay. Coldplay should pull their heads out of their asses and pay attention more...Thats why I loved Phish so much...EVERYTHING they did was for the fans.....shirts for 3 night runs.....different colors for different cities etc etc etc etc etc

it makes a difference if you just take a lil time